Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Can you pick DLSS and native 4K appart ?

pharma, Noisiv and Party Poison like this.
  2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I could not.

Most people rag on dlss but I like it, I played through metro exodus with it on with rtx ultra etc.

If I stand still and look for it then yea I can tell the difference, But once im running around exploring and doing the story I dont notice, What I do notice is the fps boost.

XenthorX likes this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think it really shines when there's not a lot of "high frequency" details, like dense thin grass (battlefield), or even the wall at 1:38 in the video i posted of Control, DLSS becomes blurry and noisy and very noticeable.
    In some other situation it performs better than MSAA as it removes some temporal noise that MSAA can't take into account.

4. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Holy f*** :) . I was in place in game where some strange "bowl" was attacking me on lightning room ,and she destroying all debris and woods near. It drops even to 29 fps on 1440P with many many particles destroyed :) 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce and 9900K.

lol nice.

Ok i left with 1440P DLSS-> 960P and its fine

XenthorX likes this.
  5. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    To me, DLSS is better than TAA. TAA while not as bad as FXAA for blur, still blurs and such. That's why you see games have sharpening options to counter it. DLSS is sharper. And DLSS literally can improve with driver updates.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I have no idea what you're doing, but I have been following your journey with great interest.

anxious_f0x and XenthorX like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  8. @jwb1
    Strong sharpening is also a part of DLSS, so what is your point? Both TAA and DLSS need some form of sharpen filter to counter the blurring. The only difference is that in case of DLSS, there is no slider to select how much sharpening does the user want.

TAA ONLY - 1440p
    DLSS - 960p UPSCALED

You can clearly see the contouring as a side-effect of strong sharpening.

9. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    The problem with DLSS for me its not blur,but feeling of low ress squary pixels when i am in motion/combat.

10. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
  11. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Unless ive gone mad and im making this up

Is there 2 versions of dlss? And the one we have now is the basic one?

One thing I love about control is to me, its the new Crysis. We'll be using control to bench gpus years from now.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Not "versions" but rather, the tech is still in development,
    nvidia could now go back and run its improved algorythm on previous games and transparently upgrade them for improved visuals, without needing client updates.

13. I just hope that with the next gen GPUs, it will be possible to play this in 1440p, max settings, stable 60FPS... That would have to be at least 50% improvement in one generation. Maybe with 5-7nm EUV we'll get there :)

Yep, we have the new Crysis I guess...

14. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I get what you mean.

The one I was thinking of is DLSS 2X. I don't think anything uses it yet and I don't know if it back be used backwards with games that have regular DLSS when we get it

15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You know, it's just a game. If you want it that badly, get it, but it's not like it's going anywhere, and neither are you. If you wait, you may get a version that actually works reasonably.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, now I can finally enjoy the game! Downloaded GFE and added sharpening (70%) which is a night and day difference compared to stock settings (DLSS + RT High). Most of the blur is gone and what's left is some noise here and there but I guess it is like it is. Played 3hrs yesterday and really enjoy the heck out of the game.

Performance wise I had to create a custom OC curve which really isn't OC but more factory OC but with lower voltages. Clocks are pretty stable at 1890MHz and temps are at 68-70C with a custom fan curve.

(I seriously need to repaste the GPU and I'm also thinking about testing the 400W BIOS for my card, although I'm a little bit scared of it.)

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  17. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    I have GSYNC monitor and i see on 35-45 fps slowdowns . Or maybe i am too sensitive and for me its just too slow ,but for others not?

So whats the point on GSYNC monitor??
    its on 1440P render RT HIGH

On DLSS 960P image is blurred but i like it. Sharpening from nvidia i no using becausse i no like it too.

One thing making me sad,that low res pixels image when during combat on long distance,like flying papers etc.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You mean stuttering? Seems like many have that problem. G-sync can't help with that. What it should help smooth out is low FPS but 35 is quite low already so maybe the effect won't be visible there.

19. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Not sure why you don't like DLSS @ 1080P, looks much better than 960P to me and with the sharpening filter it's perfect. FPS is 60-70 and with the flow control exception posted in this thread it has completely removed the stutter I was getting.

With heavy fights it can dip to high 50s but considering the visual quality I am satisfied.