Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    While I think that last "Acted" Spiderman movie was good on visual side and had good writing to support the plot, I was disappointed from actual plot which required Peter to be extra naive and have zero confidence one one side while tons of it to actually do what he does.
    I still like original one most.

New Spidey can can still call himself "Friendly neighborhood Spider Man", but he is ultimately one of remaining carriers of Spirit of Avengers as their core characters are gone or no more fit to be Avengers due to changes in their mindset. And is Equipped to not deal with small time crime, but really strong enemies.
    Thanks, looks like fun and I hope Morgan Freeman has some wise lines there as he always does.
    (Btw. midway, movie reminded me of "Rampage: President Down".)

If you have not seen following, do:

This serves as good trailer as official ones reveal too much from the movie.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. GreyDev

GreyDev Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Booksmart 8/10. Total delight of a film and very funny.

3. You know I gotta say I totally agree with you!

Clanger likes this.
  4. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Look at Billy Connolly in Mrs Brown, straight as an arrow and a great performance.
    Williams on Good Morning Vietnam was mixed, some straight and some comedy. When he told JT Walsh he was in more dire need of a blowjob that any whiteman he knows with a straight face was just perfect :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019

5. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    What was that film where Williams played a boy who prematurely aged and Bill Cosby was his teacher? THey both played it straight and it was a great film.

6. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Tastes change as you get older :)

7. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
  8. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Heres a gift for you @K.S.

Not a great film but Pryor and Wilders funniest straight acting hold it up :)

Noisiv likes this.
  9. lmfao - christ yeah was just watching him yesterday funny you posted that... I got to watch that again haven't seen it in a while. :D

Noisiv likes this.

10. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    kevin spacey does a worse english accent that dick van dyke, mustve had a kids dick in his mouth when they did the dialogue track.

Think i have still got see no hear no somewhere but i just got Pryor on sunset strip out so later mater :)

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I remember that from Czech TV: "CT1" = "Ceska Televize 1" (Czech Televison 1). Their translation never had anything that could be considered as derogatory. (So this was "translated" to something else.)
    Damage they did to Last Scout was beyond belief. But they did basically teach me to see movies in original languages.

12. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Got El Dorado a few weeks back, one thing confuses me, why did John Wayne call his horse coldcheese? :D

[​IMG]

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I missed the part where this is a miniseries not a movie :oops:

Anyway, it's out today.

14. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    GREAT!!! i prefer mini series, like Chernobyl, effing great and 5-6 hours for the same price as a boring shyte filled superhero yawnfest. im buying the son of a bitch soon as it hits dvd :)

It got 83% approval rating based on 23 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I tapped out after 2 episodes. It's a good story but just wasn't very well made in my opinion.

Clanger likes this.
  16. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Ahh ok, thanks bud. :) I'll have to suck it and see. :)

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I liked those original recordings with narration. I mean, this new series was not bad. But it depicted gore part of radiation, not terror and weakness those people felt on site.
    It is sign of times. They were selling something not many people are interested in.

In that direction. I have seen Season 1 of Another Life. And anyone who can get through today's mandatory rainbow crew will be for quite eventful show that ends in: "F* Yeah! BSG 2.0 is about to start."
    (That's if they decide to make season 2 and continue in direction season 1 prepared.)

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I was talking about The Spy. Chernobyl was awesome.

19. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Chernobyl is bloody great :) ive put the audio into the pc and listern toit most days.

1 thing did get me though, i was listening to jared harris's voice and i knew that voice from somewhere, i didnt realise his dad was richard harris, he sounds so much like him they could have been twins.

bored with modern fil;ms and superhero crap so im going on a dvd fest at amazon, i must have 500 quids worth in my save for later list and there some real real old b+w stuff in there, effing great :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019