Upgrading from XB270HU

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by JBCool, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Excessive light bleed is obvious, especially in a dark room. The blacks look like grey streaks.

Dead pixels are also very obvious. If you're lucky, it stays black. If unlucky, you have a bright star on your display that never goes away, in whatever random color it decided to get stuck on.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well I did not word my post well.I do know what these things are,my point is ,I find it highly unusual that some people get so many bad products in a row be it GPU/monitor etc.

As in the test question:
    Does OP just turn on monitor and look for light bleed or IPS glow or go to youtube and run a black screen and look.
    Does OP have a set of coloured backgrounds and check for dead pixels on different colour.
    Just stuff like that I guess so people like me who has never noticed these things in 20+ years have something to see if they are getting what they paid for.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    If you have a stuck pixel, it becomes obvious, no need for test patterns.

As for the bad luck of units, he is getting them from the same source, suggesting that the maker has a bad batch, and the retailer got a bunch from that bad batch, and thus why the replacements are all faulty.

fluidz likes this.
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I get it,thanks

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Dropped $10 on amazon.com to $129.99

6. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    So I'm pretty frustrated now. Amazon sold me a fourth monitor advertised as "New". Problem is; it arrived today and it had already been opened! It seems like somebody else's return because the entire contents of the box had been untaped and opened, then clumsily stuffed back in the box. I'll provide a pic of why it was returned.

https://imgur.com/BSiGw8o
    I'm not even sure whats happening here.

I'm gonna get tough with Amazon, and if they don't step up and get me a monitor that actually works, then I'm gonna give up on this one.

I'm feeling too special right now.......

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Some bad luck there. Do you not have any shops around where you can go actually test it? This is exactly why I'll never buy a monitor online.
    Can look at the Acer x34p. I've had one for a while now and it's a fantastic monitor. Only 120hz but checks all your other boxes.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Maybe they inspected it first, and did a horribad job of repacking?