AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.8.2 driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thanks for the all the info @JonasBeckman you are very helpful guy. Gonna be trying these tonight and see how it goes with the polaris. I didnt had any of the mentioned issues with previous whql driver.

2. pyza666

pyza666 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    I had the same problem on R9 290(probably not related to specific hardware). I found solution for this is to remove the catalog C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\ShaderCache
    The catalog will rebuild itself after starting chrome.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I wish AMD would mention if it's WHQL or not on the driver page, but it still won't say in either 19.5.2 or 19.8.1 driver highlight, but at least I get their friendly reminder after a few days of use.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's been smooth so far for 19.x with this Vega GPU though Wattman has changed a bit and the fan curvature could be less stair-steps and more curves but well it's overall a fairly minor issue and mostly concerns being more careful when building a custom fan "curve" (stepping really.) doubt it's going to be changed now that Overdrive 8 landed with the VII and Navi taking it further where it's all curvy and can scale in a way that prior GPU's just don't have the hardware for but I do need to verify what the voltage is actually doing because if that's on stock it would confirm that it's at least partially broken on Vega and a slight increase in temperature and less GPU clock speed though it shouldn't impact performance too badly.
    (Worse for the VII though but it's suffering from other issues as well wonder if it kinda got a bit squeezed between old Vega and new Navi as something that just isn't quite either thus it hits a few additional issues.)

No crashes other than self induced ones during testing or game specific issues and no particular OS problems either so far although the known issues do make it clear AMD has some work still and the earlier GPU models also hit a few snags that would need to be resolved up until support ends which would start with GCN 1.0 so Polaris should be good for a number of years more if drivers don't make a mess of things on the software side which I hope can be fixed once these first couple of months for Navi support are wrapped up.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    All drivers intended to be installed on creators edition and higher are required to be whql and sha2 signed.

warlord likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Sorry, with all due respect, why do you care? People with PC master race decease, even here in guru3d are uneducated.

I am sure that 99% of all of you here, have "black crushing". If you take all image tests and situations, you would realize, that you do not see proper black and dark gray in places you should see, not mentioning games. The best setting is RGB 4,4,4 limited, like an xbox console for example.

Too dark or too much contrast, doesn't mean correct image.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the best setting is whatever matches the screen.

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Not true. Ask an image professional to explain you. What you like in your eyes, whatever you enjoy does not mean it is like the designer or developer intended.
    What matches the screen is irrelevant. There are calibration tests for a reason. Proper colors do not mean, proper white and black values. That's why most of you see more white and black without knowing and spouting nonsense, what a great screen.

I just brought the off topic, to debunk the famous myth about level range. It is sad that you think you see correctly, but you lose important details down the road.

OnnA likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The best setting is that which fits the screen capabilities or its current config.

If it only outputs a limited range, sending it a fullrange will have blacks so deep you can't even see things you should be able to.

if it accepts both but is set to full, sending it limited range will result in washed out.

Fox2232 likes this.
  10. Vlooi

Vlooi Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon vii
    Thats exactly my experience with my Radeon vii. Not a single problem with pixel formats, clock speeds, etc. I do simple clean install, and thats that. I agree with you.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Just for testing, I enabled HW acceleration again in Firefox, got BSOD in 15 minutes :p

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Do you know of anyone else experiencing this with a 5700XT?

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Will check AMD forums again, but it occurred for a lot of people with previous driver version 19.8.1 (if using RX 5700/XT) when I checked AMD forum a few days back.

14. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx

I care because the default ycbcr looks like crap on my screen and i was locked on that. The black is way to bright there and red keeps having a "pinkish" look. I did a lot of testing on several games, tests, videos bla bla to find the best setting for me. I don't feel like having no "dark grey" when using RGB Full. I remember the rule of thumb that RGB-limited is for TV while FULL is for PC. However i couldn't test that out since i was locked on ycbcr.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  15. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Nah, the hardware acceleration issues have been around since I had my 7970 back in the day.

16. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    That seems to have fixed it! Thanks for your help

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is interesting, because I had no GSODs with 19.8.1, but have them a lot with 19.8.2. Especially triggerable by Firefox and youtube combination while multitasking and when you start new playback.
    Yes. :D

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yeah i just saw it on the amd reddit XD

19. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    The GPU idle now is 'in range" but vram is still double off n jumpin'
    clueless AMD driver factory better luck next time?

https://imgur.com/XNXDqZD

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Do you even know how many different configurations of systems are out there? No you dont.

Some problems are very complicate to fix, someone else is clueless here, and im sure its not Radeon Team.