AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.8.1 driver download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Aug 12, 2019.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    I've had short freezes (can't even move mouse) when opening and closing clips on MPC-HC (vanilla included filters, current life-support 1.8.x branch). These randomly start to happen after some time after opening and closing many clips while binge watching series. Seems more prone to happen with .h264 than .h265, but happens with both.

Ever since I bought a RX480 in Feb 17' I had this behavior (I've seen more users complaining the same with Polaris 10). Since then on all drivers, under all w10 versions, and all MPC-HC (both older and current branch) version combinations released after that. Same happened with this card on three different systems (two am3 of different gens, one am4). No such issue on various CGN 1.0 cards on these systems under similar software combinations.

After this happens, when a DX11 game switches to (real, not hybrid) FS, the same freeze will happen, taking more time to alt tab also. When the computer is in this state, it becomes prone to rare atikmpag.sys bsods on desktop after some monitor standbys and remote desktop accesses.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    PrEzi likes this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Is fury part of that list? Yes, apparently...
    If not, how do I manually at it to the registry? It's in the registry but I'm not sure if 3 is right or not.
    --------------
    Also, can anyone check to see where HDTVPixelFormats is located in the registry (for those who have Pixel Format working)?
    Is it 0000 or UMD or some other subdirectory?

Edit:
    OK, I actually found DFP_AddHDTVPixelFormats under 0000. Mine is set to 3. Is that right?
    DFP_AddHDTVPixelFormats 3
    DfpUsePixSlip 1

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    This is EXACTLY my case I have described earlier but with Vega64. I have noticed it starting from when I have upgraded to 19.7.5 (not sure if the problem was also in the earlier 19.7.x) and also later 19.8.1.
    However in my case it nearly ALWAYS results in a BSOD.
    Thanks for confirming this... I thought I was becoming crazy and seeing things only I could see...

4. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Definitely, always use latest one.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

try renaming it and rebooting :p

6. Erun

Erun New Member

GPU:
    Radeon x5700
    I had the exact same situation as PrEzi and AlleyViper -- MPC-HC starting lag, the Multicolored Screen of Death, and the whole thing with my 460...for probably 8 months. I even returned it to XFX and they gave me a refurbished one which did the same thing. I troubleshooted up the yinyang but I finally solved the problem by doing one thing: I threw the 460 in the trash and I bought a 570.
    I was amazed how many problems that solved.

So I say to all who are having these problems with the 400 series: Do what you always wanted to do -- throw that thing in the trash.

7. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    This is not only 4xx - series specific but it is also a problem for VEGA64 users but nearly 100% sure VEGA56 and also maybe Radeon VII too.
    And your "solution" is not a valid one. I won't throw out a fully working (and quite good and more powerful than 570) card into the trash.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New K-Lite Mega + MPClassic 1.8.7
    No problems when watching movies.

Note:
    I have my own settings for 4k 10Bit

9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    No such issues here on Vega

10. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    MPC-HC with Lav Filters for SDR movies and MadVR for HDR and all works great. Never really had any problems with MPC. Both HC and BE

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    what is the correct name?
    DFP_AddHDTVPixelFormats
    or
    AddHDTVPixelFormats

For the registry 0000?
    Because I recall DFP used for the pack file just before install.

Edit:
    It appears that DFP_AddHDTVPixelFormats is correct. Hmm....but no other registry entry uses DFP_...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  12. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    These drivers lost my monitor and lost 75Hz option . istalled older and everything works ok...

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    September is full of new PC games...famous or not...so expect maybe 2 drivers next month

with bug fixes + games support!

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I didn't lose the option for 75Hz on my monitor, but when I have it enabled, games show weird stuff, like blinking line on top of the screen or fps is halved (37-38fps max).

15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I cannot use 75Hz on my native 75Hz monitor because it elevates the graphics memory clock. I can only use ancient 17.1.1 driver which really sucks.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    That's easy to fix, ages ago. It is your monitor's fault not GPU's. Change the way of monitor overclocking to these. Those are not true pure 75hz, so elevated clocks are kicking in. Change between all settings, CVT, CVT-RB etc, until the one permits 75hz AND memory downcloking. Voila.

17. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
  18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Freesync enabled screen still cause tearing in borderless mode on LAV filters based players, even if freesync and fullscreen optimization are disabled for those applications.....

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Fury Here:
    Pixel Format doesn't work with DP connected.
    It does work with HDMI.

Also, I still have VSR grayed out

20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    That way you can't use 10bit colors. Right now you can use one thing while destroying the other. It's a driver bug it's not a hardware limitation and it works perfectly with 17.1.1 driver.

Can Sapphire 580 Pulse 1st edition be flashed with that newer bios?

btw in these 19.8.1 whql video tearing still hits hard.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019