Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    No, there is not any CPU core being "pegged" on my system. I think I told you I use MSI Afterburner to measure the metrics while I play so nothing gets past me; Borderless or Fullscreen have identical CPU usage, only I get slightly higher GPU usage at Borderless (obviously). And I have no idea what you mean by desktop "420 or 422".

So far I have no idea why the MSI setting impacted smothness on my end with this new driver. As I said, all I did was delete old one with DDU, then install this one without GFE. I will have to do more testing on my own and come up to a conclussion of my own. Every system is different after all.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    The new drivers feel more stable, performance it's more or less the same, but I feel that games behave more "correctly" with these ones.

3. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I still don't get the need of his aggressive-condescendant -tone, I have nothing against him, but I dislike his way of communicating with others. If you are so bitter, don't take it on others for no reason.

4. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    I don't have the game installed right now but i'm quite sure its vulkan. If you have problems with rtts not showing osd, be sure to set application detection on "high" in rtts gui.

p.s.sry i didn't see your previos post and that you was able to test it. I'm interested in your findings since Rage2 and Wolf2: the New colossus are vulkan and didn't manage to finish them because of the sluggish mouse movement.

5. SRMacan

SRMacan Guest

GPU:
    2080ti
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...95876/dirt-rally-20-crowd-issues-with-nvidia/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1798529872643588105/

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/6ger2n/if_you_are_playing_on_pc_set_the_crowd_in_the/

Thanks Manuel for support. Also, another question, in the next release its possible that the bug with Forza Motorsport 7 will be solved?. Bad luck with the titles I´m playing now (MK11, DiRT Rally 2.0 and Forza 7...).

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I don't do it or like it either and I apologise, but sometimes he needs it to get it.
    :/

Anyway, testing the driver now. Hopefully all goes well and is just as good as 435.27, been at this driver for almost 2months now.

Smough likes this.
  7. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Hey guys. Using ULTRA LOW LATENCY in Assassin Creed Oddysey and i am getting drops to 30 fps from 80 fps.
    With option "ON" its fine.

I have 2080 Ti and 9900K.

Is this game issue?

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    That happens because you disable DX11 Multithreading function when enabling UL Latency, which can lead to huge fps drops, this also happens to AC Origins, as they use the same engine. So don't use it with these games :)

Noisiv and Smough like this.
  9. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Not really the game, it's the type of game. The problem is that AC: Odyssey is very CPU bound and the game engine is basically a mess, so I would not recommend to use that setting on that game. The Ultra low latency is for competitive games where you have lots of fps to spare. For example, at R6S it made the game VERY fast and smooth at 75 fps without problems, but I would not try it at GTA V or The Witcher 3 for example, those are slower paced games that don't require mega reflexes or super fast reaction times. For most games, it should be set either to Off or just On, for e-sport games and competitive games, Ultra low it's fine or even fast paced 1st person games, like Doom or Shadow Warrior 2 where the game itself has very quick action.

I would not worry. Also remember SLI can be very problematic at some games and I don't even know how the Latency mode works on Dual GPU's, so keep that in mind.

Noisiv likes this.
  10. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    So I enabled MSI again and everything is fine. Probably I messed up in the registry setting or I don't know. It's working perfectly with this driver too.

-Tj- likes this.

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    ManuelG will there be any new Studio drive this time?

12. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Ah thank you for explanation :)

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You need to enable show hidden content for the ProgramData folder to be visible.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    YCbCr 4:2:0 on windows 10 causes high DWM gpu usage, and raises cpu load as well because it does some kind of conversion every time a frame update is made.

So i was asking if you have the desktop set to that.

Theres no tone, you're just being overly sensitive to text on the internet.

Typical Microsoft product. :confused:

15. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Angushades
    Has zero to do with capitalism, but greed.

That you have no problem with an interface that takes longer to open/apply settings, than me rebooting windows (from desktop to desktop) is fine, but guess what, im not.
    Especially when I spend +700$ on a product.

And as long as most ppl are ignorant in that department, companies will get away with it.

16. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    I wonder if it's better to turn on the low latency or leave it off. Got a wqhd 165hz display and the description said its meant for fps between 60 and 100.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Ironic that the cards that would benefit the most from Integer scaling are the exact cards they are artificially locking out of it. (Playing 1080p games on a 4k display when your GPU can't hit good framerates at high res)It's the most basic scaling method, there's no way it can't be done on non Turing cards.

CrazyGenio and Smough like this.
  18. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Me too. My favorite is the term "stepping" as in a chip version. There is no end to the misconceptions about that. Remember when that was a big deal for overclocking? It used to get really annoying for me so I am glad to see people don't concern themselves with that very much any more.

mbk1969 likes this.
  19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Anyone old enough to remember SL2W8?

mbk1969 likes this.
  20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We do not refresh Studio Driver as often as Game Ready Drivers. If you are both a gamer and producer, best to stick with Game Ready Drivers.