Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Guys, wait and dont download the driver!
    It was removed from Geforce.com for now, so maybe it has bugs or something, wait until nvidia re-uplaods it.

2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Astyanax
    I guess then you think it's acceptable then that they charge up to 1500 for a gaming gpu, while their software takes longer to open, then win 10 to boot..

3. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    iam back to 431.70. in rocket league and csgo had some little stutter sometimes i never saw before.

4. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Probably. I'm reinstalling driver rn (previously cleaned by DDU, but w/o safe mode) to see if control panel will start working.
    upd. Nope, still doesnt work.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

5. TroiZa

TroiZa Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1060 6gb
    my rainbow six siege fps went from 170 to about 80 after newest drivers, this is like a virus or something, i have read that many people have been having much worse fps than they used to have after these drivers, just gotta wait them to fix this sh*t

6. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    Use Geaforce experiance

evgenim likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  8. me3850

me3850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Gtx 970 Gaming 4G
    ManuelGuzmanNV
    6h
    NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting, causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to install it. We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting to download. If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or Remove programs’. We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted soon.

9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Mott's SLIM version available!

The driver was taken down due to a bug that made it so you had to install GFE with it. I pulled the original driver and gave it the SLIM treatment so there is nothing there in terms of GFE, telemetry, etc... if that is what you want you can head to my thread here and download it.

Hope this helps some people out.

Smough and Spax1171 like this.
  10. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Already did by me (check posts before), btw, but thanks anyway.

11. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Active Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    Doesnt this have zero effect when you're over 120fps because frames come in fast enough already?

12. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    You mean a negative effect ? Thats what i see more then 300 points lost in Time spy.

13. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Active Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    Well this uses more CPU and if you're limited there you will loose 300 no one cares points. Like really 300 is nothing.

14. cruxys

cruxys Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti FE
    For the moment, to the people who want the "losless scalling" in all any GPU, I use this application: https://store.steampowered.com/app/993090/Lossless_Scaling/

I'm waiting the "native feature" for Pascal too, and hope Nvidia implement this for this family card (and for other families, why not?).

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Does any of this new "gaming tech" work on GTX 1080? That sharpening filter would be nice for No Man's Sky while I'm waiting for the Reshade Vulkan update.

16. cruxys

cruxys Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Here, in my 1080Ti, only the "latency thing" works (I use in ultra mode here).

17. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Latency works, as well as Sharpening. But you need to install GFE for Sharpening because it's part of the Freestyle.
    Don't know how this new Sharpen is different from the old one aside from alleged performance improvements.

18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Believe they added some new filters.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/gamescom-2019-game-ready-driver/

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

R435 is R435, sub branch doesn't matter here, sorry lol. And only 435.27 had that latency tweak so that opticx or whatever doesn't matter either.

But nice try.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It most probably depends on the game, really. If you're maxing out your GPU at 120FPS and your CPU is not even close to 100%, then it should still help (cutting off one frame at 120FPS is still a 8ms latency reduction in that case.)

Anyway, this feature needs testing. Right now, we have no idea in which games it really works well and in which it doesn't. It seems that users who configure "weird" refresh rates in non-gsync modes (maybe for strobing or because the monitor isn't g-sync compatible) and use regular vsync will see a huge benefit (like 75Hz vsync). Lower FPS situations should naturally give the highest latency reductions (the lower the FPS, the higher the latency cost of each buffered frame becomes.)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Robbo9999 likes this.