No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    R9 280 affected too, looking for the last driver that worked for ya.

16.7.2 might be the last driver where 7970 and r280 can run vulkan on in NMS.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    stalkerfan likes this.
  2. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Thank you....will try when i get home tonight and let you know

3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Too clunky now. I don't feel it............

4. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Older drivers just give a warning about an outdated Vulcan api and close the game.......dumb

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i really hate it when developers put stupid driver restrictions in their games...

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm pretty sure it's to do with people having troubles running the game and making bug reports saying the game wont start so they have implemented a driver check as a way to get people that know nothing about video card drivers to update them to something that will be able to run the game.

The 16.7.2 driver is from 2016, no wonder it's no good for NMS's Vulkan implementation.

Party Poison likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    well from what i can tell they have a bug that the doom demo had on 7970 and derived cards and not being able to use the working driver is screwing some gamers out of playing it.

8. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Well, I hope they fix that soon because flying my ship right now is super annoying lol

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Patch 2.07 is downloading now on ps4

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I'm going to wait until they fix the pop-in of objects in the environments (mostly outdoors, planet surface and underwater stuff). It's pretty bad actually, it wasn't this terrible in the previous version. It's so bad in some circumstances objects just pop right in front of me (trees, plants, some rock formations, and some animals too).

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    2.08 downloading now, ps4

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Installed the 19.8.1 video card drivers and noticed some little glitches with voxels when mining is no longer present, I guess the 19.4.1 drivers I was using before is even too old to properly run nms... oops.. xD

I am no longer seeing pop-in at close distance, game is just running really nice now... not sure if it was the driver or one of the updates, there have been quite a few updates the past few days *__*

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    They finally fixed the key binding issues with the experimental branch.

NOTE: To play in Experimental, right-click on No Man’s Sky from the Steam library page and select “Properties”. Among the available tabs will be the “BETAS” tab. Enter “3xperimental” in the textbox and press “CHECK CODE”, then select it from the dropdown menu.

Update to Experimental Branch 21/08
    • Enabled key rebinding.
    • Fixed an issue that caused starships to spin endlessly while attempting to dock in the Space Anomaly.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause dismantling the Signal Booster to remove other building parts.
    • Fixed a crash when displaying markers for other players.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause hands to become invisible.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent players in multiplayer from speaking to NPCs on the Space Station.
    • Fixed an issue in Creative Mode that would prevent the Overseer mission chain from starting.
    • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to summon the Space Anomaly after upgrading from NEXT.
    • Fixed an issue where players were asked to collect nanites from an unusable terminal during the Ghost in the Machine mission.
    • Fixed an issue where players were charged too much for a starship when trading in their existing ship.
    • Fixed an issue where ships that were being added to a player's fleet would be instead be traded in if purchased while the player's current ship still had cargo aboard.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade Modules popup to display too aggressively, and to experienced players who did not need to see it.
    • Fixed an issue that caused overly dramatic camera shake in the Space Anomaly.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when quitting the game.
    • Fixed a rare crash in base wiring.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the loading progress value to appear in the wrong font in certain languages.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    shoja likes this.
  15. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    SWEET! Thanks for sharing!!!

16. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Steam updated the game to 2.09 when I logged in this morning and keybinds are editable finally...looks like the live patch since I never added the experimental one.

shoja likes this.
  17. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    New card incoming......... Asus 1070 Turbo.....then it's goodbye evenings for the next few weeks lol

angelgraves13 and KissSh0t like this.
  18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Get a 2060, it s the 7th most powerful card in 2019 and for same price xd

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It took me about 12 hours to fix all the damaged modules on my ship xD

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Exploring other planets but where s the goal? Where s the means to an end....i lose my will whenever i see that this is just go from planet to planet rinse and repeat, what s the goal...?u know in star trek: they explore other worlds and species but there is purpose,there is war happening,drama whatever, here there s no goal...

Kolt likes this.