No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Agreed on the UI, both for VR and flat. Although it's nice to see they actually made some effort with the VR UI. Just needs more work. The scale of it and the flying really is amazing though, IMO.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    One thing I noticed that my friend noticed as well when I mentioned it is that the UI for some reason, by design, is slightly too large for the FOV of a vive/rift s. You have to look around to see certain parts of it.

And also the UI doesn't rotate with your head, it stays where it is until you click turn.

Vive doesn't have non teleport movement either, in fact, there's no settings for movement or VR settings!

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    One day, i'll get this game <.<

4. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    the VR is what got me interested, might git it finally.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You can move technology around now inside the multitool and starship, that;s so much nicer than before... if you move similar technology next to one another they combine as a same color grid and do better output's for example shield, or laser types.... and I think jump drives too.... letting you jump farther.

One gripe I have is that flying now feels really hard when in combat, I got jumped by 3 pirates and I just could not aim the ship at a single one to shoot at them... had to run away. I'm using mouse and keyboard.

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Is anyone else noticing a lot of 'pop-in' in the environment (planet surface / outdoors)? Mostly plants (trees, etc) and ground animals (not so much for the ones flying though).

Everything is on Ultra and runs smooth, no issues regarding the performance. I'm just seeing a lot of pop-in, especially so when rotating the camera (well, the character) on its own axis and just looking in a 360 (not necessarily fast, even if turning around slowly) things just aren't "there" immediately, it takes time and it pops-in. It's sort of annoying actually. I don't recall stuff popping-in that much prior to this new version (it did, sure; but not as much as I'm seeing now).

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've noticed it too, using the setting under High... I think it's "enhanced" setting? I guess they still have some things to tweak with the Vulkan api

report bugs here https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah pop-in is pretty bad after the latest update, grass takes forever to render in on some planets, bit of a shame really as this wasn't an issue on the experimental Vulkan build before Beyond launched.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This video was pretty cool, shows some handy tips.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    You can ride alien Species? !!!

Instant buy

11. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Anyone else can't remap their keybinds? It's as if they are locked out. I did some googling, and it seems I am no the only one. Anyone know of a way to "fix" that?

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's affecting just about everyone I think. There are a lot of complaints on the Steam forums about it. Personally I won't play until they fix it. It's bad enough you can't rebind the keys, but it also won't show you what the current key is for the action so you end up playing blind.

There's been 3 beta patch hotfixes out so far but nothing that fixes the keybinds yet..

shoja likes this.
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Controller support is broken for me and many others because of this it seems. I'm astounded by their in office beta testing

14. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    What testing?

scatman839 and Kolt like this.
  15. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Yeah using 19.5 i think.
    Used to be able to play on 1440 at Med to High settings with acceptable frame (to me that's 30 lol)
    After the update 1440 on all Standard settings gives 3 fps approx.
    Fixed it by unplugging my other 2 monitors....back to pre update frames of 30ish (feels like it anyway ....Fraps or Steam's FPS counter wont overlay over NMS so im just guessing atm)

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Remember now the game is using Vulkan api instead of OpenGL, maybe your card isn't as good at Vulkan as it was OpenGL?

I played it for a few hours last night and it was just really smooth for me, I'm just using Enhanced settings with TAA Low at 1920x1080.

All I've got is FX 8320, 8GB ram and RX 470, hardly a power house, but I guess a little more able with Vulkan api.

17. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Yeah i do need a new card....hell even a 1070 would be an improvement eh

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It certainly would.

stalkerfan likes this.
  19. Astyanax