Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Epic did a 10$ off on everything above 15$ if I remember correctly with the info from the sales and then some publishers or all publishers weren't informed and Epic covered the cost and also covers sales a week back giving buyers back the difference but it does still lower the perceived value of games so a few publishers choose to delist their games (Vampire 2, some indie game I think and now Borderlands 3 I assume for that same reason.) since there seems to be no other control over being part or not and it's just a global change affecting all titles on the store.

It's odd that it affects pre-orders and it's odd that it also wasn't discussed much at all beforehand even with larger publishers and larger publishers having titles up for pre-order.
    It's not exactly common for sales to affect unreleased titles after all and informing beforehand is also a standard even if it inevitably leads to leakage. (Like the Steam summer sales of 2019 from a few days ago heh.)

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/borderlands-3s-scrapped-cover-art-has-been-revealed.130193/

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And here I think the one they chose is the worst of that entire lot.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The foot one feels like the natural continuation with the previous cover themes the games had but I also like the wraparound one where the hand comes out behind the bandit and a few of the others seem like pretty wild and crazy artist ideas although gun head isn't bad though it feels a bit off for Borderlands although I suppose the selected cover art with Guns & Roses (And the shepherd thematic.) is quite a new take too on the cover art for the game.

Others could work for posters or reversible covers.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This will be using Denuvo.

So... maybe it really will be an epic Launcher exclusive?

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It is, an epic launcher exclusive,a big pass for me...

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yep. Exclusive to Epic for 6 months, even though Mr Randy Pitchford has been crying and threatening to try and not release in on Steam ever since "fans" started vocalizing their unhappiness with the exclusive decision.

8. Hodadrick

Hodadrick Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I can't wait for it!

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    He wants us to warrant the bag of gold he got by signing this deal :)

Anyway, I'll buy the game after reading the reviews. Need me some BL!

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I did look forward to BL3, which made me install BL2 again and after 2 minutes i was reminded how fuking annoying Craptrap is.

So i'll pass.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Eh, who cares. There's a crapload of games to choose from. And with new games I want to play I actually don't get around to actually play them until a couple years later anyway :p My backlog of stuff I still didn't get around to is huge. And they're cheaper too, and with less bugs. It's a win-win, I tell ya.

Kolt likes this.
  12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I recently played BL2 again for the free DLC. Still a decent game after all these years, and has me craving more (the free DLC was probably the best decision they made).

Borderlands 2 still remains the second-most played game in my Steam library. It's the first game that I really got addicted to, and it's also the game that I played most online and made the most friends with (I still remember a group of us trying [unsuccessfully] to take down Terramorphous together). I'm cautiously optimistic about 3 - the pre-sequel kind of spoiled things for me.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just leave this here...

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Even when it hits Steam, I doubt I'll be buying this.
    I got really burnt out on Borderlands with the second game, just felt like... I've experienced all I ever want to with this style.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    +1 to this

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You have to wonder about this game, there is so much hype around it, so much more than the previous game, wonder if its a dud, or they are worried being on Epic they will get money but no real sales

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's just gonna be "another" Borderlands.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Technically this is true, it will have the letter 3 after the word Borderlands....

xD

It's going to do gangbusters on console that's for sure... on PC before the exclusivity period is expired... hmmm... not sure.

19. Light420

Light420 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 ti 6gb
    My friend i made a new account to get in touch!, i need help. I dont want to violate any rules on this site, but i am lost trying to cap my fps the best possible way to 60 fps on my 120hz monitor. i do not think i have the back lighting or whatever it was i read something about, but i do have the newest RTSS and nvidia drivers. i was using Adaptive half refresh rate for Assasssins creed origins because its so demanding, i want to avoid as much tearing, ghosting,frame doubling, whatever jitters n crap possible, i was looking at some of your posts about it and i know my monitors actual refresh rate now, but beyond that im not sure what to do next. i was trying to mess around with clicking the scanline sync to x/2 or w/e and trying -10 or -20 in the number box, in 1 game it seemed good , in the other it capped me at 59 fps?, Any help would be awesome. can you inbox me here or can i post my e m ail ? ill check for a reply often

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070