Alphacool introduces the Eisball

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    With the new Eisball, Alphacool breaks with current conventions and introduces a completely spherical reservoir with an integrated pump. The built-in RGB ring, with addressable digital LEDs, illuminat...

Alphacool introduces the Eisball

dark_surge likes this.
  2. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    It would be awesome one day to do a review of some of Chinese water-cooling stuff, like https://www.bykski.us/
    Recently I build a bykski water loop and I'm surprised how good it it, half the price with I would gave for EK.

jura11 likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Wow. Looks really nice. I wonder in what orientations it works. Could make for interesting series of test showing amount of bubbles in each orientation.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Man for that price you can buy two premium air coolers and don't have worry about leaks.

jura11 and sverek like this.

5. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    It looks like the inertial guidance system for the Jupiter2. Danger Danger young Will Robinson another Rgb to cram in to your pc ! [​IMG]

There won't be lights until the future? Anyway this it what it looks like in all its rgb glory. Should call it Studio 54.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    Ich möchte ein Eisball sein lol that's what I tought immediately anyway nice to see different things and not always the same pump-reservoirs etc...

7. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    looks neat, be warned though the VPP755's has a reputation of short life and beeing really noisy. from what i found the v3 fixed those issue's (but the v2 did not and they claimed it did so....hopefully the v3's will allow them to build some rep).

unfortunate because spec wise they seem nice, lower power draw then a normal D5, more silent and more head pressure ideal...but then you read the 70 page topic's of people complaining it's dead or there's a grinding noise comming from it.

and being refused refund's because they used meyhem's biocide which is about as shady as reasons to reject a refund go because as i understand it (i use mostly premix's myself) it's quite popular/common under those who use water + additives instead of premix's..

8. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @TheDeeGee
    And i can buy 3 golf gti/R for the price of a porsche,
    still doesn't mean they are the better deal.

I yet have to see any aircooler offering the same type of warranty coverage (time/parts), as corsair pays for any components damaged by a leaking/dying aio for 5 y,
    or the fact that im using LC cooling for 15y and didnt have one leak neither on my or rigs i build for others (1-2 per year).

Not even talking about the fact that any LC allows to take the cpu heat "out of the case", giving me lower case/chipset/gpu temps (1080@2ghz stays below 75**C while inaudible), or that i have yet to see an aircooler that stays inaudible (case at 3ft distance to my) while keeping temps on a 3770k (3.9 on all cores) below 70*C under full load (prime95 etc) with the fan spinning at 800rpm.

Water is way more efficient in transferring heat (vs air),
    or you would not have things like machines (incl cars) being watercooled.

How long could you stay outisde (without protective clothing)i n 1*C cold air vs water (being the same temp)?

9. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    What the.......WHAT?!?

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Still not sure why you need 5 years warranty on air cooler, most air coolers have pretty good warranty already and what on most air coolers will fail as first is fan which is very easy to replace, if pump fails on Corsair CLC ir AIO then you are screwed, you can't replace pump alone and on normal loop its similar, if pump fails then you need to teardown whole loop(happened to me before)

Water cooling is fun for sure, but if something goes wrong then trust me its big pain in butt, last time I experienced very low flow and this took me few days to find what is causing that low flow, if you have something which is small its no issue but in my case I tried every radiator, waterblock etc

Regarding the leak, it can happen to anyone, never say never, its happened to me with my own loop and with Monsoon MMRS Stand-alone D5 pump top which caused massive leak or Alphacool fittings which started leak after few days or Alphacool pump which stopped working after 3 months of constant use

75°C for GPU under water is way too high, I'm unhappy if I see temperatures above 40's, I run EVGA GTX 1080Ti Black Edition with Raijintek Morpheus II cooler and temperatures have been under 50°C under load or in gaming, never seen on that cooler higher temperatures, similarly run my 5960x with 4.7GHz OC and Noctua NH-D15 and temperatures never broke 70°C in gaming or rendering, in OCCT 4.4.2 I have seen 82°C but that's with fans running under 1000RPM and in 25°C ambient

Water cooling can be effective but in many cases I still think with good air cooler you will see similar performance and temperatures

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I use personally lots of Bykski or Barrow parts and no issues, their waterblocks are OK, pumps are OK too, running few of them on customer builds and no issues, CPU waterblocks are pretty good as well, performance is pretty close to EK(maybe 2-3°C are behind EKWB) , although they're behind the Aquacomputer or Heatkiller

Fittings I use only Barrow or Bykski and they're been spotless, no issues, running as well their QDC etc, radiators I still use HWLabs but that's me

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    i planning to do a custom loop for my ryzen 3900x and i think im gonna get that reservoir pump combo, doesnt look to big and it looks pretty nice, im still not decided on the waterblock tho, im not sure if im gonna water block my 1080ti, because its getting older now and im waiting to see the next navi chip, i would actually have to go with bykski for my 1080ti because its a zotac amp extreme and it seems they re ¸they only one making a block for it

13. msotirov

msotirov Guest

GPU:
    rx 480
    You might like the Porsche more but buying 3 Golf GTIs for the price of 1 Porsche is literally the definition of a better deal.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I mean... when it runs it looks pretty cool I have to admit, reminded me of those things the Borg in Star Trek have above their alcovens but... looks really cheap when not running. Also nut sure if it's smart to put the pump inside that thing and all... will have to see myself if I'd consider this for my next build.

Also, since I've learned that there's SSDs that overheat just because they got RGB leds on them, I doubt it helps coolant temperature to put a dozen leds inside the res.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Maybe it can dampen noise. One never knows till tested :)

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, that's what I'm most curious about. Although I have to admit, my fans are still louder at 100% than my pump at 100%. But I messed up my frist loop anyway :D

Fox2232 likes this.
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In my case I have good fans, but front intake 2x 14cm get to be loud due to having sponge-like dust filter there and therefore need for much higher rpm.

I am keeping EK MLC Phoenix 280 in my mind if I ever decide to cool GPU too. In that case, FD Celsius S24 would have to go. (That applies to it having trouble with cooling of 3900X... if it is ever available here.)

jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @jura11
    gpu isn't under water, only cpu.
    and i don't need a 5y coverage on an air cooler, but its part of the reason why
    i considered it and the reason im not worried, as they will replace everything as long as i have a receipt.
    and by the time its 5y old, i wont have it anymore anyway. :D

@msotirov
    depends solely on the buyer. for someone with 100K, sure,
    for someone with 1M in the bank that wants to go past 200 mph with a car that can handle it properly, no. ;)

@Fox2232
    https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/p14.html

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019