You guys, I wanna buy the Sound Blaster Z or Pro.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NiColaoS, Aug 12, 2019.

1. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    The Sound Blaster Z has 116 SNR and the PRO 122 and the price 70 euros and 110 respectively.

I said never again Sound Blaster since the drivers are atrocious. What do you think, for Windows 10 are there good drivers?

And since my speakers aren't the like before ( z5500/sold them ) I'm incline to buy the Z.

Any opinions? Also my onboard sound ALC1220 is extremely good, too in terms of SNR.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    If you plan on using headphones ever, get the AE-5. The Xamp is a beautiful thing. Your ears will thank you.

My G6 arrives today, so I shall be putting that to the test later.

3. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    What headphones or speakers are you currently using or plan on buying?

4. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, sorry, I hate headphones. I had Z5500 Logitech, now for a while the Z533 and I plan to get the edifier S370 or even better S760D. 400 and 600 euros respectively.

So, which card to get? Movies, Series and Games. Also, please tell me are there Win10 solid drivers?

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The AE-5 has even higher SNR, and costs about the same as the Z Pro. The AE-5 also has current Windows 10 drivers.

6. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Edifier S370?, do you mean Edifier S730?
    If you go with a 5.1 speaker setup, will you use an analog connection or digital S/PDIF (optical/coaxial) connection, from PC to speakers?
    Also with 5.1 (6-channel) speaker setup, for a computer, you not really taking advantage of sound card features, so not really going to have "driver" issues.

7. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Right, for the AE5 I was talking about at 110 euros.

Tacoboy, I was talking for so atrocious creative drivers that simply don't work and never getting updated. At least up until I had the X-Fi Platinum. That's why I'm asking, I simply want drivers to work with Win 10. As for the 5.1, I really like all 5 speakers to play the same, balanced. Not only main speaker talking and all other speakers effects.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    AE-5 drivers are fine. I've had not a single issue in the 8 months I've had mine