Phanteks the Eclipse P400A Chassis Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Phanteks introduces its newest addition to the Eclipse lineup, the P400A. With engineering improvements, Phanteks is able to explore new ways to deliver a new level of airflow performance with the P40...

Phanteks the Eclipse P400A Chassis Announced

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Damn, I'd buy this in a heart beat.

Loophole35 likes this.
  3. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    According to the Phanteks site, the front metal mesh is intended "to catch dust". And I'm sure it will.

That may or may not be cleanable with compressed air, but I'd much rather have removable filters. The otherwise very similar Fractal Meshify cases have filters and a non-glass side option, so I won't have to look at an internal mess either.

4. HansR

HansR Member

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super Trio
    Maybe I should get a white case, so the dust would be some what invisible. On my current case side mesh filters get very dusty in just couple of days of use.

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I have the p400s, and the panel is easily removable so will this one so it's a non issue.
    I'd like to get the new front but i doubt they would be so generous as to give the option for that.

6. HansR

HansR Member

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super Trio
    Can you fit SDD under the HDD tray, so the HDD cage will have 2 HDDs + 2 SDDs?

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I have my 2 ssd's mounted behind the motherboard, can't recall but i do think it came with at least 2 hdd cages that can be placed under the covered/psu area (for hdd's)

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I had same mesh/grid before. Does not work very well. And does not dampen noise either. But it enables great airflow.
    I have Meshify C TG. Front filter reduces airflow. But after a year of use inside was as clean as having just simple metallic grid for a month.

I would prefer case which would not have PSU in bottom or top, but in front or front and rotated by 90 degrees. This would enable even smaller case. And airflow would not be affected as lower front intake would still be present and entire bottom could serve as filtered intake.

One of these days, I'll have to build my own case, because innovation and creative thinking in PC case business is rare.