Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON 4-WAY SCALING ON BATTLETECH - 7/24/19:

Got Excellent news here, I got the scaling Packed Down Incredibly good without no flicker whatsoever and on max settings within the graphic settings...

Also, this game is actually over-performing on 4-way, similar to hitman: Absolution and other few games I tried that had this unique problem.

For instance, one card gives me 15 fps, I am getting like 63-64'ish.

One particular view, 11 fps, I am getting like 46+ or so.

And yet the Scaling usage is no where near 100% on all gpu's and like I said before, Never go by that usage, it is completely useless while tuning, especially under 4-way, always get a baseline with 1 gpu, de-activate the others, then turn the other remaining 3 on and see the difference, this assures you what fps difference is between the two...

So I guess this game got me a HUGE fast start under 4-way mode..

And this is without using Either:

Sli Broadcast bits nor Sli Specific hack bits, Just straight up Sli DX1x Compatibility bits.

All I did is did some quick changes within the Sli DX1x Compatibility bits and fired up the game...

I would say give me like 3-4 days to make sure everything is stable long term, no crashes,etc..

Got a very quick start on this game, Thought I couldn't get rid of the flicker, guess I was wrong, lol...

But yes, if anyone knows how to get that stinkin' modtek to work, even though it says its working in the game, please let me know, still highly interested, thanks.

Check back for future updates on this game.

UPDATE:

One thing I forgot to mention eariler and whoever is interested:

On the last post, I mentioned that the flicker is caused by:

Sli DX1x Compatibility bits: 0x00000<~~~~ this one(MUST set to 2, other wise massive flashing/flicker).

Now whats interesting is this:

On the game Called: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, on the same exact bit:

0x00000<~~~~ this one, It MUST set to 3, other wise, flickering will be present but no where as bad as battletech but also loss of performance..

But in battletech's case, I don't lose no performance from what I have observed.

So just an experiment on people who has problem such as this in games, you might want to look at this particular digit more carefully, no guarantee that it will fix the issue, no telling what might happen but worth looking into, thanks.

Again, give me like 3-4 days to make sure the game is completely stable and fine tuned but so far, this is beginning to show 2 thumbs way up the way its looking...

Till then, stay tuned for future updates, check back often.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    SpajdrEX and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON 4-WAY SCALING WITH BATTLETECH(WORK IN PROGRESS) - (7/25/19):

Ok several things I need to point out here, Extremely important.

It is absolute imperative that SLI AA IS TURNED ON, otherwise the Sli won't kick in worth jack, Already confirmed it, it MUST be turned on along with the bits mentioned before, no exceptions.

Also, disregard about the last post when I mentioned that I already achieved 4-way or better, I did something within the settings, look at something wrong or something by accident, I re-confirmed 1 gpu then 4 gpu, I am now getting up to 3-way ish, could be something I did with modtek, but I did remember seeing one gpu 15fps and checked 4 gpu's = over 60 fps easy, and for some reason it only scales up to 3-way so needs alot more tuning.

Also, Something I can work on, on the SLI Broadcast bits:

0x00000100 STATIC_BROADCAST _TO_1LINE_32BIT_TEXTURES - Force broadcast on 32 bit textures which has one pixel height but more than 1 pixel width.

This gave me a booster on top of the current fps but the screen is flashing a little bit, nothing all that bad, I went into the settings and change somethings, it made it better but a little bit is still there and also, very important:

If you keep changing settings here and there, and go back to where you originally had it, you could have decreased Scaling performance big time, to fix this, exit the game and go back on..

Check back for more results, thanks, Work in progress...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    fantaskarsef and SpajdrEX like this.
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON 4-WAY SLI ON BATTLETECH - (7/26/19):

Ok I found some interesting stuff here that you will might be interested in.

First of all, un-installed the game completely, registry and all, did a clean install of the game, this time WITHOUT modtek and BTML..

Originally I thought modtek wasn't working, I was wrong all along.

Crystal Clear mod is the one that's also helping with the flickering issues on certain parts of the background while playing the game.

If you look very closely in the .json file, there is a Setting called "TAA", MAKE SURE you turn it off, this will get rid of all flickering as well but I can not stress this enough, you MUST make sure you are using the bits that I mentioned before on the earlier post, no exceptions.

Another important thing here, within Crystal Clear, .Json file, a setting called:

EYE ADAPTATION, it must be set to "OFF", otherwise the whole screen becomes dark as hell..

On top of that, there is another very important setting that MUST be set to OFF cause the overall scaling power goes to like slightly over 1 gpu, and that setting is called:

Chromatic Aberration.

So here is my final list down of this .json file if anyone is interested, thanks:

{
    "Name": "CrystalClear",
    "Version": "2.5",
    "Enabled": true,
    "DLL": "CrystalClear.dll",

// Settings must be in caps
    // NOTSET just leaves the game to run vanilla
    // otherwise ON or OFF, eg "Grain": "OFF",

"Settings": {
    // reduces clarity
    "Grain": "OFF",

// reduces clarity
    "Dithering": "ON",

// darkens the edges of the scene
    "Vignette": "OFF",

// makes light sources overblown when enabled
    "Bloom": "ON",

// make UI elements glow
    "UIBloom": "ON",

// can fully disable
    "Shadows": "ON",

// unsure if used. it should appear as green/purple edge tinting
    "ChromaticAberration": "OFF",

// simulates pupil dilation response
    "EyeAdaptation": "OFF",

// setting to true makes everywhere foggy
    "Fog": "ON",

// unsure
    "ColorGrading": "ON",

// looks so good I wouldn't disable it
    "AmbientOcclusion": "ON",

// temporal antialiasing aka MFAA - good fidelity
    "Taa": "OFF",

// stuff at different distances is focused differently (blurred)
    "DepthOfField": "ON",

// almost-free anti-aliasing
    "Fxaa": "ON",

// renderer is expecting this to be on but works without
    "HDR": "ON",

// dirty UI
    "Grunge": "OFF",

// scanline animation on UI
    "Scanlines": "OFF",
    },
    }

And yes, I made 100% sure that it didn't effect the scaling nor the flickering/flashing issues, nope, all good IF you use the above settings, thanks.

UPDATE AGAIN ON - (7/26/19):

Ok been messing with more in the Crystal Clear .Json ini file, found out more stuff here:

DOF or aka DEPTH OF FIELD hits quite a bit if its turned off for some reason...

I also notice something else Besides DOF, off or on.

The Lightning Quality has to be turned to low before entering the game, this ensures proper scaling usage, then can switch to ultra, If you get into the game right off the back on ultra, you will experience quite a bit reduce scaling right off the back, just switch to LOW, exit the game, come back into the game, make sure you are playing the actual game, not during the title screen area, then switch back to ultra, no loss in performance, This also from what I understand applies to one gpu, but this was with modtek so not really to sure without it.

But anyways, back to DOF:

I got scaling results thus far with DOF on and off.

I have 2 angles, one top down and the other is viewing the mech from behind, straight to the terrain view, both dof on and off where basically in the same exact viewing angle.

Results

DOF on:

1 GPU: 25fps/Top down view
    4 GPU's: 60fps/Top down view
    1 GPU: 21fps/Behind mech/terrain view
    4 GPU's: 48fps/Behind mech/terrain view

DOF off:

1 GPU: 22fps/Top down view
    4 GPU's: 62fps/Top down view
    1 GPU: 19fps/Behind mech/terrain view
    4 GPU's: 50fps/Behind mech/terrain view.

As you can see clearly here, without DOF provies Much better overall scaling power, however, this game still needs massive amounts of tuning which I am still doing, so going to take a bit longer.

Both DOF on and off on 4-way mode, under SLI broadcast bits, this was used:

0x00000100 STATIC_BROADCAST _TO_1LINE_32BIT_TEXTURES - Force broadcast on 32 bit textures which has one pixel height but more than 1 pixel width.

Nothing under Sli Specific hack bits is being used at this time.

Check back for more results, as this game is still work in progress, thank you.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON BATTLETECH - 4-WAY SCALING(WORK IN PROGRESS) - 7/28/19:

This was actually yesterday's update so sorry about that...

First before I continue, I would like to say for dual xeon users, if you have 24 cores/48 threaded machine, this game will work 100% with absolutely no problems, not that I have seen... so 24 cores/48 threads and under will guarantee to work 100%, just to let everyone know, thanks.

So Yesterday, I tried the infamous modded quadro drivers: 416.30 to see what kind of differences It would show, the difference is like 1-2 fps tops, 431.02 was better overall...

This was when SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11) was all done tuning...

I was in middle of tuning the SLI Broadcast (DX1x) Bits while I reverted the drivers, since I basically saw really no difference really, I went back to 431.02 drivers since This is the main drivers I been tuning all along, so I switched back...

Far as overall progress on scaling, I can only get it to 3-way'ish still and boy the Bits within the SLI Compatibility Bits (DX1x) for this game is absolutely STINGY/STUBBORN...

Each Digit within the hex has to be correct and absolutely fine tuned, otherwise scaling goes down or goes back to slightly over 1 gpu power...

So I still got kinda ways to go on fine tuning the Sli Broadcast bits then I'll work in the Sli Specific hack bits...

So expect to see some kind of results very shortly, hopefully sometime tommorrow, absolutely no guarantee's that I can get the scaling to be packed down to 4-way, but hard at work doing so, just takes time and patience..

Also just heads up to everyone, I also did the geforce recording method(Works with hellblade 100%), to see if I can increase the overall scaling power, nope, not at all, worth a shot but didn't work and wasn't surprised at all...

Till then, check back for results, hopefully sometime tommorrow should see some kind of results, hoping...

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON BATTLETECH - 4-WAY SCALING(WORK IN PROGRESS) - 7/28/19:

Got some great news here. I was doing some tuning on the Sli Broadcast bits, I remember my fps in certain viewing angles and something really caught my attn., I had a major increase in certain angle view and switch back to 1 gpu, confirmed, 4 gpu's is kicking in solid.

Remember this is still work in progress, There is quite a bit of FPS fluctuations at times, usually when the UI pops up when doing battles, thats when fps goes back and forth, I am working on trying to smooth out the consistency problems...

From Top down view, medium distance away, one 1 gpu, I got solid 19 fps, 4-way = 73 tops.

From behind the mech/terrain view/medium distance, one gpu = 15fps/17fps, 4-way = 59-68fps.

So yes it is really kicking in now, just needs more tuning and trying to smooth out everything much as possible, I am already hitting the vram wall big time, system ram is well over 20gb at times, To be utmost safe, at least like 24gb of main ram, at least to be safe.

So as of now these are bits I am using:

WARNING: ONLY FOR THE GTX 970 FAMILY AND ON WIN RS2(VERSION 1703/BUILD 15063 ONLY):

SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11): 0x483825F5

SLI BroadCast Bits (DX1x): 0x00703500

SLI Specific hack bits: NOT USED:

SLI COPY ENGINE: 0x00000040 ENABLE_LZO_COMPRESSION - Enable LZO compression for the Uploads

Hopefully 4-Way tuning should be complete by sometime tommorrow, if not more then likely next day.

The Sli Broadcast bits is not even fine tuned all the way just yet, needs more work...

UPDATE:

Several things I didn't mentioned before, very important:

When you jump into the the game, at times, you need to move around the camera angle a bit, zoom all the way into the mech and zoom out some, and let it sit there for a bit so the scaling can improve overtime.

This is the only game I am aware of that does this.

Lets say your getting 60fps in sli, after while, it goes to 70 fps, same angle, everything, so this is very important.

Another thing, under 1 gpu mode, I started the game under 1600p, while on the game, I switched to 2400p and guess what, my fps is better then 4k(before entering the game). So when doing 1 gpu, make sure you have a lesser resolution, jump on the game and switch resolution at that time.

So in actually, before I mentioned above mech 19 fps, its really 21-22 give or take.

Behind the mech/terrain view is not 15-17 fps like I mention before, more like 21 fps.

This is one strange game, your not kiddin'. Anyhow, final conclusion will be up soon, look for it later, but yes, that sli broadcast bit changed I mentioned before, in certain viewing angel made a difference in scaling.

So its like hitting at the bare nail of 3-way, now entering 4-way zone.

So like before, if gaming(one gpu) this in 4k, make sure you have lesser resolution at the start-up, enter the game then increase resolution there.

Applies to this gpu, I don't know about others, thanks.

UPDATE: 7/29/19:

Another thing I didn't mention eariler, about the fps fluctuations when the main ui is up...

I do know in past games I worked on, By tuning a specific bits, it can help greatly, so I will see what I can do to smooth out the fps fluctuations problems, the fps fluctuations doesn't seem to appear until the Main UI(hud) is up, in other words, just mech and background visible, not the main HUD and all the other stuff, that's when the scaling goes down a bit and performance so working on those.

Check back later for final conclusion, hopefully later on today.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    FINAL CONCLUSION FOR BATTLETECH UNDER 4-WAY SLI CONFIGURATION. - (7/30/19):

Sorry for the delay, this game is practically all finished and here's my final conclusion:

First of all, This game was 100% focused on tuning only under 4-way sli mode.

I have spent a great deal time of tuning the bits on this game and other advanced bits.

First let me say that even under 1 gpu mode, upon entering the game, you could have decreased performance, so I got confused when I was double checking 4-way then back to 1 gpu.

This is one strange game, in order to fix some of the fps problem under 1 gpu, try setting a resolution under 4k mode, then upon entering the game, change it to 4k then, usually it works... Once you see increase in performance, you can now go back to 4-way mode to see the fps differences...

I have tested this under 3-way mode as well, but, I can not stress this enough, this game was 100% focused mainly under 4-way mode.

To cut the very long story short, how well does it scale under 4-way?

Compared to 1 gpu performance then to 4 gpu's, I would say at this point, NO, however Compared to 3-way, I would say yes to some degree..

Even under 3-way mode compared to 1 gpu, the scaling isn't perfect at all and I didn't expect it to be, for the most part it does scale alright, I wouldn't say good all the time, decent at times, at times eh to so-so..

Upon entering the game under 3-way or 4-way mode, you might see some little bit of flickering, to get rid of this, put all settings to their lowest, go back into the game, then back to settings then put everything back to their desired settings.

At one very very rare occasion, I had the most fps under 4-way but that was just that one time only, the sli consistency under 4-way mode when the main hud is up isn't all that great, there is a great deal of fps fluctuations, depending on the camera angle, whats interesting is that under 3-way mode, it doesn't do nearly as much, it has much more stability.

Also, I have messed with great deal of other very advanced settings within nvidia inspector, under others and extra, in the end, basically nil performance gain, no difference, so I just switched them all off.

I also spent some time tuning on the SLI Hack Bits and There was practically no difference at all, sometimes worse so therefore its not being used.

I think I am pretty much done with this game and time to move to another game, alot of time was spent on this game, think time to move on.

If anything improves in the future, I will update this asap, thanks.

BITS USED(WARNING: ONLY FOR GTX 970 FAMILY + RS2 WIN 10x 64(1703-15063 ONLY).

SLI BROADCAST BITS (DX1x): 0x00703500

SLI COMPATIBILITY BITS (DX10+DX11): 0x483825F5

SLI HACK BITS (DX1x): NOT USED:

SLI COPY ENGINE: 0x00000040 ENABLE_LZO_COMPRESSION - Enable LZO compression for the Uploads.

So here's my final conclusion under 3-way and 4-way mode.

FINAL CONCLUSION:

3-WAY MODE OVER 1 GPU = SO-SO/DECENT SCALING, ALTHOUGH FAR FROM PERFECT, OVERALL ALRIGHT TO DECENT SCALING.

4-WAY MODE OVER 1 GPU = NO, HOWEVER COMPARED TO 3-WAY MODE, YES, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 3-WAY TO 4-WAY MODE DESPITE BETWEEN 1 GPU AND 4-WAY DIFFERENCES.

SO IN A WAY I DO RECOMMEND DOING 4-WAY, ONLY REASON WHY IT SHOWS PERFORMANCE INCREASE OVER 3-WAY BY QUITE A BIT, ONLY REASON BUT IF YOUR COMPARING 1 GPU PERFORMANCE TO 4 = NO.

GRAPHIC DRIVERS USED: MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS 431.02

OS USED: RS2(VERSION 1703/15063(RTM))

MOBO BIOS USED: 3903

INTEL CHIPSET DRIVERS USED: 10.1.18010.8141

See you all on FARCRY 5... :cool:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON HELLBLADE/4-WAY SLI W/MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS 431.70 - (7-31-19):

Just to let everyone know, I wanted to give this driver a shot and yes it does work perfectly with hellblade...

Same method to get this to work was the same as the modded quadro drivers 431.30..

Originally this game was only fine tuned specifically for the modded quadro drivers: 416.30.

Same applies as the 431.30. Make sure you have your geforce record method to 60 fps, 50mb/s(MAX), and have your initial startup resolution of the game @ 1440p.

In order for the fps boost to work properly, YOU MUST hit the record bind key on the windows screen and not in the game itself, otherwise it WONT WORK..

To my knowledge till this very day, I am the only one that discovered this method.

Far as the Geforce Experience recording method to help with scaling, I found this out over a month ago, but far as incorporating within this game, Till this day and to best of my knowledge, I am the only one that put hellblade+Geforce Experience recording method to good use.

The moment your in the game, switch the resolution to the desired resolution, so for me, its 3840x2400..

When you get into the game, same as drivers 431.30, the scaling is all messed up, to fix this, go into the graphic settings and change your view effect wether to lowest or max, this will correct the problem.

Next, to get rid of the flickering, your windows screen must set the same exact resolution as the game itself, so in my case, 3840x2400 on desktop, go under graphic settings, switch to window-fullscreen, then back to fullscreen, all set to go, in some instances you will get couple of fps boost..,

You can try using lower window screen resolution but their might be a chance you might have decreased scaling performance, already been confirmed with other drivers I have tried.

These settings are right before you go into the realm of sutr(Fire boss), this is the actual playing field area, and these are the settings I used, some areas and different situations, settings needs to be adjusted, mainly the post processing.

My settings are as follows:

Folliage= Very High
    PostProcessing= Low
    Shadows=Very High
    Texture= Medium
    View Distance= Very High
    View Effects= Low
    Vsync= Off

Performance in FPS:

1 Gpu = 19-20fps

4 Gpu = 75-76fps.

Originally this game was fine tuned Specifically for drivers: Modded Quadro Drivers 416.30

When entering the game, you don't have the scaling problems with 416.30 but with drivers 431.30 and 431.70, you MUST change the View Effects to get the scaling back to normal, Absolutely No Exceptions.

Also, I have noticed even with 1 gpu or 4 gpu's, at times you might notice decreased overall performance just a tad, to fix this, usually messing with the texture option or the view effects can correct this, if not, log off the game then come back on, fps should return to normal, battletech had this problem as well.

Also if you backtrack about this game on this particular thread, it mentions about important stuff that needs to be done within the windowsnoeditor to get rid of the flickering and other massive graphic anomalies, please back track it, thanks.

To those who are very interested in the bits and I will Provide them here BUT FIRST:

WARNING ABOUT BITS: ONLY FOR THE GTX 970 FAMILY+WIN 10x64(1703/15063 RTM):
    I WILL HOLD ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, SO PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE CONTINUING, THANK YOU.

SLI BroadCast Bits (DX1x): 0x10700006

SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11): 0x2C9714F5

SLI Specific Hack Bits (DX1x): 0x00000105

Copy Engine Blitter Bits: 0x00000040 ENABLE_LZO_COMPRESSION

Max Pre-Rendered Frames: 1

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

SLI AA: Enabled

RESULTS UNDER 4-WAY = VERY GOOD, NOT THE BEST OVERALL SCALING I HAVE SEEN IN MY WORKS BUT OVERALL PRETTY DARN SOLID AND I GIVE IT 2 THUMBS UP IF CERTAIN SETTINGS ARE ADJUSTED PROPERLY AND ACCORDINGLY OTHERWISE SCALING ISN'T UP TO WHERE IT SHOULD BE. :)

GRAPHIC DRIVERS USED IN THIS TEST: MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS 431.70

OS USED: RS2(VERSION 1703/15063)

MOBO BIOS USED 3903

INTEL CHIPSET DRIVERS USED: 10.1.18010.8141

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON FARCRY 5 UNDER 4-WAY SLI CONFIGURATION(WORK IN PROGRESS) - 7/31/19:

Just to let everyone know, I am currently as we speak fine tuning FAR CRY 5, if anything significant happens during my tuning process, far as my overall scaling goes, I will report asap, thank you.

Check back frequently for future results, thanks.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON FARCRY 5 ON BITS UNDER 4-WAY SLI(WORK IN PROGRESS) - UPDATED (7-31-19):

Just heads up first before mentioning about bits:

DUAL XEONS USERS: 24 CORES/48 THREADS OR UNDER IS GOOD TO GO. LAUNCHES THE GAME PERFECTLY, THANK YOU.

Ok several things I need to point out here, extremely important.

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits, these bits will put a LOCK on your system and need to do a hard reset, already confirmed it and made sure, here they are:

0x00000<~~~ Number 6 on this hex

0x000000<~~~ Number's both 4 & 7 on this particular hex Will hard Lock on you.

So Far, I am done messing with these 3 particular hex's

0x0000<~~ this one,

0x00000<~~ this one as well,

0x000000<~~ and this one.

And resulted no changes in sli performance, only thing I saw maybe a slight decrease in performance, other then that, no performance changes, other then those particular digit/hexs puts a major lock on your system.

I am getting up to 2-way sli performance now and no flickering..

I have not messed with the Sli Broadcast nor the Sli Specific hack bits yet, still 100% focused on the SLI Compatibility bits, Got long ways to go, thanks.

Stay tuned for more results, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON FAR CRY 5 / 4-WAY SLI SCALING(WORK IN PROGRESS) - (8/3/19):

Some days I didn't even touch this game but today I just gone finished tuning the Sli Compatilbility Bits (DX10+DX11), and the end results were:

No change.

I am going to be working on Both Sli Broadcast and specific hack bits, or maybe in the highly advanced settings under:

Others and extra, which majority of the people won't even dare to touch, personally I wouldn't even touch it...

Even if you research some of the stuff that's in there, you won't able to find nothing on it.

Stay tuned for more results in the future.

UPDATE - (8/3/19):

Tried quite a bit of highly advanced settings under others and extra within nvidia inspector, no change in performance.

Also worth trying and just for kicks, I tried the geforce recording method(100% working in HellBlade) to see it will improve scaling, no it did NOT, infact, I didn't even lose an fps.

Some hex's within Sli Broadcast bits improved fps by an extreme small margin, like 2 fps but with flickering involved and seems it that I can NOT get rid of it, still working on the bits.

Check back later for more results, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BLACK MIRROR IV(REBOOT) - WORK IN PROGRESS - 8/6/19:

Ok here is some progress details about this game:

Sli Compatibility bits (DX10+DX11): I can NOT trigger the scaling(Black Mirror IV) at all, its worse then running 2-way sli.

I basically went through every hex and digit's, nope.

Also, there is massive flashing when upon entering and playing the game while I was trying to get 4-way to work.

Thought this was rather interesting, back when messing with Battletech(Unity Engine), I decided to try something:

Under Sli Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11):

0x00000<~~~~~ This particular Hex will eliminate the massive/totally unbearable flashing but during gameplay, some flickering on certain things, kinda not to bad, and that digit is 2, and I think either 7 or 8, eliminates all flickering but less then 1 gpu power, so forget about it

0x00000<~~~~~ Just like Battletech, this hex MUST be set to 2 and it can also set to(If I remember correctly, either 7 or 8) it will totally eliminate all flashing/flickering on screen but in turn worse then single gpu performance, absolutely not recommend whatsoever.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands/same thing applies - 0x00000<~~~~~ Set to 3 to get rid of massive flashing.

So based on my observation, now I can confirm with 3 games, this particular hex plays a very important role on flashing/flickering on screen and something to take note about...

On process of fine tuning Sli Broadcast bits, if anything significant happens which I doubt, I will give updates, thanks.

Final conclusion will be very soon, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON FARCRY 5 - 4-WAY SLI - (WORK IN PROGRESS) - 8/6/19:

Ok got rough news, I can NOT get this thing to work really.

Final conclusion will be up very shortly, thanks.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON BOTH BLACK MIRROR IV(REBOOT) + FAR CRY 5 ON 4-WAY SLI - 8-6-19:

Just to let everyone know, while fine tuning this game, I was using modded Quadro Drivers 431.70 and just for kicks, I reverted back to the infamous 416.30 drivers to see if any scaling would change, and as expected, the results were the same...

Worth giving it a shot, never know.

So no difference basically. Final results will be up very shortly and its not looking to good for both games.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON MASS EFFECT 3 - 4-WAY SLI - 8/6/19:

Just an update which I never did within nvidia inspector.

Decided to give this game one more last chance:

I have used tons of settings under Others and Extra's, And there was absolutely no changes in the Scaling dept., certain settings cause the overall fps to decrease but far as increase in fps, nope.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON NVIDIA INSPECTOR VERSION - (8/7/19):

Just to let everyone know, The version I been using quite some time is:

Nvidia Profie Inspector 3.50 DmW

If anyone is interested in knowing.

I believe the one I used in the very beginning of this 4-Way stuff is:

Version 2.3.0.2

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    FINAL CONCLUSION ON FARCRY 5 - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL - (8/10/19):

Sorry for the kinda long delay, the moment we been waiting for.

Very bad news folks, I can NOT get this game to even scale 2-way, it performs like 1 1/2 performance.

I went through every possible HEX'S/digits within the:

Sli Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11), and its a no go.

Absolutely nothing can even trigger this game to get it going.

Next I basically pretty much went through all the HEX'S/digits within:

Sli Broadcast Bits (DX1x) and again its a no go.

I messed with some of the specific hack bits, I didn't go through everything but there were some stuff that people needs to be aware of, any minute changes within a particular hex within this bits, can render the computer a BSOD, Already confirmed it.

Tried Using Optimize for Compute Performance and its an = X

Tried SFR = X

I even went through many of the settings within nvidia inspector's:

Others and Extra,

And it yield no performance gain and it did not activate sli at all.

Altough for the most part of the testing/tuning, there was no flickering whatsoever, there were some graphic anomalies while tuning but it yield no performance gain at all..

If in the future I can get something going, I will provide heads up on this asap, thank you.

So here's the final conclusion:

FAR CRY 5: 4-WAY SLI, DOES IT HOLD UP?

IT ONLY SCALES BASICALLY UP TO 1 1/2 PERFORMANCE, FROM ALL THE TUNING THAT WAS DONE IN THIS GAME, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN EVEN TRIGGER THIS GAME AT ALL.

SO IN THE END = ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME. :(

GRAPHIC DRIVER USED: MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS - 416.30 & 431.70

OS USED: WIN 10 X64(RS2/VERSION 1703/BUILD 15063.1955)

MOBO BIOS USED: 3903

INTEL CHIPSET DRIVER USED: 10.1.18010.8141

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON TEMP DIFFERENCES WITH SPACERS/BETWEEN CARDS - 4-WAY SLI (8/12/19):

I mentioned about this a little while back but I will tell everyone the temp differences before and after and the difference is quite staggering.

Even though I am highly against doing this but I strongly recommend doing this.

The spacers are about the same size as the one that covers the hdmi ports on back of the gpu's, those covers, about those size.

Next, I usually put it on the right most of the card, the best place to put it but Highly against doing it because you may get a BSOD: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, in other words, cards will be out of place, power plug can be pushed out and this bsod will come up.

Explains why earlier on this thread that rise of tomb raider was getting this error.

I usually put the spacers right in the dead center of the two pci-e connectors, there is a pcb right in the middle of the connectors, just enough clearance for the spacers but Absolute fair warning:

You better make sure the card is re-seated securely, and ALL pci-e plugs are plugged securely, if its not, the BSOD will come up, so be absolutely sure everything is nicely tight and connected, this is absolutely nothing to be played around with at all, very serious here.

Personally to be safe, I would put it all the way to the side of the pcb, not touching anywhere the connectors.

ok temp differences mainly on gpu 1 and 2.

ALL testing was doing in an AC room, 70 Degrees Fahrenheit.

The minimal spacing is just enough for the fan to move due to the added heatsink back of each cards.

Results are as follows:

Gpu1: With very minimal spacing = 81 C

GPU1: After spacing = about 72-73C

GPU2: With very minimal spacing = about 78-79C

GPU2: After Spacing = about 72-73C.

And for gpu3, for some reason, kinda runs hot, low 70c, before it was like 64c, I know I re-did the spacing but inbetween 3 and 4th card, I put it somewhere in the center, maybe that has to do something with it, its not as open wide as before.

But nontheless, The differences, your talking about to almost 10c DROP, significant difference.

Even though I am very highly against it but if your willing to do what it takes, Willing to do anything to bring those temps down, and doing 4-way sli testing/tuning very seriously like myself, I strongly recommend doing this, BIG DIFFERENCE.

Thanks a Bunch.

UPDATE ON SPACING/TEMPS AND RIGHT SIDE FAN CHANGE - (8/12/19):

Ok, I re-did the spacing, all on the right most of the card, not touching the connectors, also, Just for kicks to see what kind of temp differences I would make, I took out that .53A/110cfm scythe fan and put that nzxt fan case I had, huge A$$ fan but doesn't blow no where near as the scythe fan.

I also notice that after period of time during game play, the air coming from the scythe fan can become hot because of the amount of airflow(110cfm) in such tight little space, thus increase ambient temps surrounding the cards, so I put a bigger area fan but lower cfm.

Here are my current results:

All testing was done was in a room with AC turned on to low @ 70 Degress Fahrenheit.

Game used during testing: Rise of tomb raider(basically 99-100% usage on all gpu's except for gpu 3, at times it will go low as 95%, played for good 15/20mins or so and the results are as follows:

GPU1: 72C-73C @ 1.168V/100% FAN
    GPU2: 69C-70C @ 1.175V/100% FAN
    GPU3: 70C-71C @ 1.187V/100% FAN
    GPU4: 67C-68C @ 1.206V/100% FAN

And yes, the fan in the middle, the table fan set to speed level 3(highest), the alignment and positioning of this fan is extremely important and it will affect your temps on all 4 cards tremendously, if its not aligned and positioned right, temps will be off from across all gpu's, so alignment and positioning of the table fan is extremely important, can not stress this enough.

Also never mentioned this earlier, the left fan, 140mm fan, the one cooling down the vrm's, I tried without it Along with the Table Fan(Middle fan) and yes, gpu temps went up up UP.

So keeping the vrm's cooled at all times is extremely important, this I can not stress enough.

After months of messing with 4-way sli, from experience, if u can keep the actual gpu/gpu's temps to low 70's, you are doing a very well tremendous job. So low 70's = absolutey phenomenal, if you can get it in the 60's which i had, that's on a totally different level altogether.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON ALAN WAKE UNDER 4-WAY SLI(WORK IN PROGRESS) - 8/14/19:

This game has been around for quite some time, knew about the game but never really played it until just very recently, got it for free from Epic.

Ok I was working on this game for not to long, Tuning this game is very smooth going, get on the game within 30 seconds or so to see how the tuning is progressing so tuning the bits is a breeze, what I like, some games takes FOREVER to get on.

I am all done messing with the Sli Compatibility Bits and the results:

I am getting up to 3-way scaling in certain situations, some situations slightly over 2-way.

Yes I have made Tremendous gain's in fps while tuning the SLI Compatibility bits.

One particular view, viewing the car/trunk, before some hardcore tuning, was getting like less then 40fps I think, now getting up to 91fps+

Checked one gpu performance, 30 fps, I am getting up to or a slight hair over 3 gpus, I have seen high as 92fps.

While viewing through areas with lights and such, performance is slightly higher then 2 way but I made alot of gains, still needs work.

I have NOT even really messed with the SLI broadcast nor the Sli Specific hack bits, will very soon.

First I would like to mention, within the Sli Compatibility bits, there is a extremely important hex:

0x000<~~~ This one.

Why is this so important??? This particular hex eliminates all Lags/Major Spikes in Frametime(MS) while in the vicinity of lights(IT IS REAL BAD), and for the BEST performance and 0 lag/Major Slowdowns, it MUST be set to 7, absolutely no exceptions.

You can set it to other digits, only few will work but they will perform a little worse.

There is several other Hex's within this bits that adds performance as well, but not going to get into that, the one mentioned above is the most important, thought I couldn't get rid of it originally the way it was looking.

Second, Copy Engine Blitter Bits can have some - impact on performance, yes it can.

For this game, best possible fps(MAX), I keep it off, I have tried all the settings in the drop list.

The only one that really doesn't effect performance at all really is:

0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

But I would have it off for this game.

And lastly Third: There is Major flashing upon entering and playing the game if your above your Main window Screen's resolution.

To Eliminate the Absurd amounts of flashing, set the background window res to 4k(mine is 2400p), then get into the game and make sure your initial res is same resolution as the background res(2400p), all flashing is gone BUT upon loading up the game, you will notice a tremendous decrease in overall scaling power just for like several seconds or so when the game settles down after loading up the game, fps should come back to normal, at times, you might see slight decrease fps performance, to correct this, while your playing the game, push CTRL+ALT+DEL, then back to the game, should be fixed, this also applies to fixing the major flashing problem if your background windows resolution is lower then the in-game res because it will flash like crazy, so this method will correct the issue.

This game should be done no later then few days.

Speaking of which, Black Mirror IV(REBOOT) is not looking to good, was tuning this game at the same time as Far Cry 5, both game could NOT trigger/activate Sli, won't even kick in and yes, I went through everything within the SLI Compatiblity Bits (DX10+DX11) - Custom made, and pretty much all within the Sli Broadcast Bits, Speaking mainly about Far Cry 5, I mean there is just a slight increase over one gpu but no where near 2 gpu performance(Both games).

This is Still WORK IN PROGRESS so check back later for future results.

UPDATE - 8/14/19:

In regards of pushing CTRL+ALT+DEL while your on the game to refresh the overall scaling, it has come to my attn. just recently, just this isn't enough, your scaling won't be as packed down, to fix this, Try doing CTRL+ALT+DEL again, scaling should be at its max potential, thanks.

I already confirmed this while my background resolution is matching or not matching the in-game resolution so keep this in mind please, thank you.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    CONCLUSION TO ALAN WAKE @ 4K(2400p) - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL - (8/19/19):

Sorry for the delay, this game is done and I got lots to cover:

First of all, I can NOT even get near 4-way sli performance, that being said, I have gotten up to 3-way sli performance over 1 gpu.

Ingame AA MUST be set to 4x and within nvidia inspector, under AA, Enhance the application setting MUST be set and MUST use 4x SGSSAA otherwise the scaling will be no where as packed down.

I already verified, Carefully observed and Confirm that SGSSAA + MSAA is working in this game, single gpu mode or Sli mode, however, anything more then 4x AA, you will NOT, repeat, NOT see any IQ difference whatsoever, I already, very carefully observed to see if ingame X8 AA and within inspector, X8 SGSSAA, it DOES NOT WORK PERIOD, so therefore max is X4, anything more doing so will reduce performance with absolutely no visual IQ gain.

One of the main thing I have discovered to resolve and the most important is that Absolute unbearable slow motion type lag, when you within near lights in the beginning of the game, it is so unbearable that my frametime(MS) went from low 10's to upper 60's, but found out how to correct the issue, please check eariler post on this, thanks.

The bits themselves, I basically went through in its entirely(Including all the Hex's and every possible digits) is:

Custom Made:

SLI AA BITS

SLI Compatibility bits

SLI BroadCast bits

And still can NOT get near 4-way scaling.

In the beginning, While fine tuning the SLI Compatibility bits, I have made significant gains, All your performance gain is coming from SLI Compatibility Bits and they were custom made by me(Not in drop List).

I went through everything I can do within the SLI AA bits(Custom Made), and in the end, I only gain like 1 fps, lol, so I just used the infamous Sonic the hedgehog all star racing AA bits.

Sli broadcast bits made like few fps.

I have messed Alot(But not all) with the Sli Specific Hack Bits (DX1x) and it added just a slight.

Also, another downfall about this game, Wether you are playing at native resolution or above native resolution, upon loading up the save game, mine was in the beginning, scaling power is reduced, you need to do CTRL+ALT+DEL several times, sometimes more then 5-6 times to get it back to normal, Other games had this issue as well, not just this game, but, it wasn't near as bad as this game.

Alot of tuning was done in this game and I mean ALOT and I can NOT get no where near 4-way.

At one time I had, by like 1 or 2 fps, TOPS, other then that, NOPE...

Certain times in the game, Certain graphic settings has to be reduced or turned off otherwise you will experience scaling usage problems.

One particular setting MUST be turned completely 100% off othewise, one slight change = reduce scaling performance and that setting is:

LOD DISTANCE.

Draw Distance can ONLY go up to 5 notches, anything more = reduces overall scaling usage/performance.

Far as other settings, depending where you are in the game and of course the situation that you are in, certain settings can go to max, certain settings needs to be lowered or turned off, otherwise, again, overall scaling power is reduced.

I think its time to move to another game, I am done with this game, although a very interesting game to work on and that reminds me of one more extremely interesting thing here:

I also TRIED SFR and SFR+AFR and they both do work with this game, I couldn't hardly believe it, Very very few games will even operate it at all and the results were exactly the same as before so no change here, makes no difference which one you use, AFR/AFR2/SFR/SFR+AFR = same.

I have also went through some settings with others and extra and no, 0 difference.

If Anyone is interested in the bits I have used, here it is BUT FIRST:

BITS USED(WARNING ABOUT BITS): ONLY FOR THE GTX 970 FAMILY)+(WIN 10 x64-1703/15063 RTM ONLY). I WILL HOLD ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT GPU'S AND OS BEFORE CONTINUING, THANK YOU, HERE ARE THE BITS:

Anti-Aliasing Compatibility Bits:

0x080012C1

SLI BroadCast Bits (DX9): 0x00000809

SLI Compatibility Bits: 0x83782285

SLI Specific Hack Bits: 0x00000600

So here's my final Conclusion of this game:

4-WAY SLI, WORTH IT FOR THIS GAME??? N.O.

I WOULD ONLY RECOMMENDED THIS GAME UP TO 3-WAY TOPS, EVEN THEN, DON'T EXPECT 3-WAY SCALING AT ALL TIMES OR YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED...

SO 2-WAY AND 3-WAY SLI = YES, 4-WAY = ABSOLUTELY NOT...

GPU DRIVERS USED: MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS: 416.30

OS USED: WIN 10 x64(VERSION 1703/BUILD 15063.1988)

MOTHERBOARD BIOS USED: 3903

Next game: Yakuza Kiwami 2, Check back for future updates, thank you... :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BLACK MIRROR IV(REBOOT) 4-WAY SLI - FINAL (8/20/19):

Never really Updated this game, sorry about that.

Like I mentioned before about this game, This game will NOT trigger Sli in general worth jack.

Only like up to like 1 1/2 performance gain over one gpu.

I literally went through ALL the hex's and All possible digits within each hex on bits:

Sli Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11).

And went through quite a bit on Sli Broadcast and some on Sli Specific hack Bits and the results:

Not one darn difference in fps.

Although I have gotten rid vast majority of the flashing/flickering problem but scaling wise is = X.

Again, sorry for not updating the results about this game, I was tuning Far Cry 5 during this time and My entire focus was mainly on that game, and that game was also the same results as this = X. Please check earlier post on that game as well.

I will NOT provide any bits here for this game as it made No flat out no difference from my custom made bits and the ones from the drop list such as:

BFV profile and Act of aggression Profile.

Doesn't matter because you wont see even 1 fps difference in performance, all the same, therefore custom bits is useless.

I have also went through some settings with others and extra and no, 0 difference.

So here's my FINAL CONCLUSION for this game:

FINAL CONCLUSION FOR BLACK MIRROR IV(REBOOT) UNDER 4-WAY SLI CONFIGURATION:

ABSOLUTELY NOT, NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRIED, IT WILL NOT TRIGGER EVEN SLI IN GENERAL, REALLY ONLY UP TO 1 1/2 PERFORMANCE GAIN OVER ONE GPU.

SO THEREFORE THIS GAME UNDER SLI MODE IN GENERAL = X.

GPU DRIVER USED: MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS 416.30/431.30

OS USED: WIN 10 x64(VERSION 1703/15063

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.