Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gerardfraser, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm sure Control will be awesome, next year when it releases on PC. ;)

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks ,Ebay never even crossed my mind.Going to check now.

EDIT:
    I see $7 USD but steam sharing accounts ,I will keep looking thanks again for the tip.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    ... *sigh* ... :rolleyes:

Jeez didn't thought of that.

Edit: Went to ebay bought a RTX bundle with the 2 games, thanks man ! Still waiting for the keys, but if it all work out that's a steal : 25 euros for the 2 games instead of 70+euros

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    insp1re2600 likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What.
    I'm allowed my opinion. And to me, it's not releasing on PC until next year.

While not to dredge that sordid subject up yet again, but I will not support and or use any platform that Tim Sweeney is behind.

Kolt likes this.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I got the bundle for $23.00USD on Ebay Thanks again
    Control + Wolfenstein: Youngblood perfect deal.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hold your horses. The game is releasing on PC this year, it's not a matter of opinion just a fact, if you don't want to download a free client for another game store that's your choice.

Epic Games is more than 1000 people working world wide and you can hardly deny all the good Epic Games is doing for game developement: from their open source engine code, to the handling of their asset marketplace, to their dev grants, their investment in developement of free tools for game developers.

They recently gave the Blender foundation $1.2 millions as part of their $100 millions they're giving with no strings attached to game developers, entertainment creators, students, educators, and tool developers.

You don't like the founder for whatever reason, you don't want to use the Epic games store for whatever reason, that's all your call really, your money.
    Control is releasing on PC this summer.

Archvile82 and TheDeeGee like this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

I'm just now playing Old Blood for the first time (yeah I boykotted because I did not approve with the de-nazified version at all), and it was really really cool coming into CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN again but...
    Where's my occult monsters? THAT is what I miss and why it is not a reboot of RTCW for me, personally.
    If they'd stay true to that and bring in monsters like with RTCW, they could offer an alternative to the coop focused (?) Strange Brigade and Epic exclusive Zombie Army 4... which I will pick up dirt cheap sometime later at a keyseller of dubious background just to prove that I don't buy into Epic's exclusive deals so that the devs get more money.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    well you cannot say for example about Aliens :colonial marines , oh im gonna ignore the reviews, no this is a good game, because it isnt; it s the worst alien game ever...

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Just got my code and it won't let me redeem it , nooooo

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    How far into Old Blood are you?
    Remember, it's two separate chapters... and if you want occult... just keep playing.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Chapter 4 only, yet. Thanks, can't wait :D
    Just thought, haven't seen something scary and I'm already trying to escape the castle... BUT I'll hold on!

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Old Blood was originally going to be two separate DLC releases for The New Order.
    But, they said as they were working on it, it just grew larger... so they merged the two chapters into one project, and made it a stand alone release.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    We don't have Ebay here but people are selling their bundles to the equivalent of $50 :/ So $25 is a good price.

Those are good things indeed but one rather negative thing is that despite those 1000 people you mention, the launcher is from last century with several key features missing. Yes, they have a road map and yes, they are indeed adding stuff all the time, recently offline play for example and cloud storage if I remember correctly, but I still think that these features should have been in the launcher from the beginning especially considering the vast amount of money they currently have.

But the worst thing of it all are the exclusivity deals which is probably what Damien is pissed about. Buying yourself to success is bad business practice and creates a lot of negative PR which they try to remedy with the monthly free games. It's crappy to force people to come to your platform - instead they should be welcomed by kick-ass launcher features, amazing customer support or other premium features that makes the launcher stand out from the rest. But I guess Sweeny told his investors that "we'll just keep pushing until they give up" (I've personally given up since I really want to play Detroit : Become Human).

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    No way ,I got my both codes and redeemed fine with no problems.Sorry to read about not redeeming properly,just maybe a typo somewhere,gotta stay positive on these great deals.
    $11.50USD per game is a steal.I will never forget about games on ebay again.
    https://i.**********/6pB45rwh/Desktop-Screenshot-2019-08-05-10-35-13-32-2.png

XenthorX likes this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Managed to find a free vpn with a server in the U.S. worked out to redeem the code, all good ! Was a nice deal !

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    1.0.3 is out now. :)
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/1056960/announcements/detail/1615022771888565198

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes that is great to read on the deal and I knew it would be something basic.Although a lot of people could not find and install and use a free VPN or even know what VPN is.
    VPN is the method I buy all my games now except the bundle on bought here.Sick of the $60/$70/$80/$90/$100+ games.

Damm this game runs so awesome Maxed out 4K it is crazy.This is how games should run out of the box and we would never have to buy good video cards all the time J/K that will never happen.

Man the PC settings in this game are also awesome,just need HD textures for some things and RTX to be released for the game.

Not sure if I want to start the game now without RTX patch,maybe I try out Old Blood again ,it is a short game but by the time i am finished RTX might be released.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    XenthorX likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The advanced options should have some extras above default ultra though with a AMD Vega 56 ("Pulse" version though that's not important, memory amount is the main thing for this.) at 8 GB VRAM pushing the texture stream pool to 4095 MB gives a memory warning so the rest of the data is near or almost exceeding the amount available so I settled at 3072 instead still above the 2048 range and without any wawrning messages. :)

That's at 2560x1440 too so a bit more than 1920x1080 but less than 3840x2160 though a 12 GB and the full out 16 GB GPU's might be able to push 4095 and custom values. (6144 to 8192 MB.)
    In general though unless this is dropped below 2048 as it's a combination of cache and texture quality the image difference should primarily be the time it takes for assets to stream from lowest to highest detail and retaining less in memory before it needs to be swapped, can't really get objects to have more detail than what the data that's available can provide like New Colossus and the first person low-res weapon textures before that got patches despite ini tweaking trying to make some improvements. :)

EDIT: Speaking of that I wonder if the facial textures are more defined than they were in the prior game compared to the high detail found in New World Order and Old Blood.
    Not a huge deal since many of the big scenes are actual cutscenes but still a noticeable change far as image quality is concerned even though idTech6 or 6.5 holds many other improvements especially for AMD going with Vulkan instead of OpenGL as a big one.
    (The Windows OGL drivers while mostly compatible not exactly being known for their performance after all.)

Undying likes this.
  19. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Dead Space 3
    FEAR 3
    Wolfenstein: Young Blood

It's like sometimes when a 3rd or 4th game comes around in a series it's like the developers throw away everything that made people buy and like the first couple of games and make absolute garbage nobody wanted.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  20. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    glad they worked out, its certainly a steal at the price, now ive completed it, im having fun dropping into other peoples games and coop'ing with them, it retains your levels and collectables in your game for dropping in theirs, so its quite fun revisiting and seeing how easy the earlier levels are leveled up.

XenthorX likes this.