WTF is wrong with people now days?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jbscotchman, Jul 31, 2019.

1. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I find that alot of people lack common sense, the obvious things. Some people make things harder than they have to be. My observation anyway.

Keitosha, airbud7 and Serotonin like this.
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Agreed. Some people can have high IQ's and be very book smart and then just be brick dumb to common sense. Common sense is a lost art.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the last few generations have been like and seem to be getting worse, like a person know what the about to do is illegal does it anyway then adversities. then kid bitches about it when they them selves just dug that hole they sitting in, and people treat them like there idiot/stupid they act like.

my cousin who just graduated high school went from smart enough to know better to down right stupid and un responsible /trusted worth in less then month then again he never was responsible person he cant even be bother to do things like clean up after him self do his own laundry, he cant even be responsible enough to give his own dog food and water and when told to do so he just give look like why to me and my uncles and my uncles laugh it off like its fine. and pick on my uncle and him about that the kid just give an eye look like why should i he "my uncle" will do it for and he does. and yet he want people to think he responsible enough to own something illegal and requires permit that no place will ever give him when he cant even keep his mouth shut about. when he first tells his sister who actual went threw the whole song and dance to get said permit, and she will never bring him to gun range and he knows that, then tells his friends who go and advertised it it more then his mom learns it..

His friends are just as dense.

I just want to slap my cousin and my uncle some times. now that kid sits in his room which dont leave loading and reloading that thing he probably shoot it any things in there too. cause I freaking hear it multiple time a day. This same kid I told him years back he said he wants gun so he can shoot people. told him that and he uncles laughed at me.

I blame smart phones and internet for all this cause parents dont actual raise there kid very few actual do, most just lets that other stuff do for them. then wonder why they grow up to be stupid.

I have since started revoking any off access to any and all online accounts I have that kid was allowed accessed too he wont have access thing mine cause I dont trust him his own sister and mother dont trust him and his father want let him learn the hardway, which will screw him over in the end too and give him grieve he dont want.

and that video post is proof of how stupid people can be. if my cousin did something like that to me he would have every nerf gun and now illegal arms shoved directly up his ass. then i would rip it out him and beat my uncles with. and I guarantee his sister and mother will laugh hysterically at that. my uncles is to laid back with his son, which he was never liked with any of his other kids or me for that mater. and the know that, which why he heard hell when they found out

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Keitosha, airbud7 and Serotonin like this.
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Smartphones honestly did impact the progression of humanity. Everyone relies too heavily on them and the information being pushed from them. Stuff like auto-correct makes people apathetic to learning how to spell. This forum has so many misspelled words it's ridiculous. People don't research anything anymore. Take a Facebook post as gospel and complicate their lives with overly simplistic, unnecessary drama. Some of the stuff I overhear people bitch about and make a fuss at is just hilarious. I'm just enjoying watching all of it. It's like having a front row seat to some live theater.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    People must be trying really hard to make the Darwin Award list. Morons.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

pull up a chair and grab some popcorn and soda, the idiotic of humanity is just starting, but seriously the stupidity the done these days is just amazing and just getting worse

airbud7 likes this.
  7. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I am not watching the video. It sounds like you all are saying that folks are burning others with scalding hot water and there is no good word for that.......

Heck,when I was young, I climbed on a counter, fell, scalding hot water fell on my back and although I do not directly remember the pain, I am absolutely sure it was intense. I do know we went to the hospital and this incident was an accident.

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    back in old days, people were shoving butter up in their ass.

back in recent people thought doing ice water bucket challenge was a fun.

Nowadays people do different things.

Older people having hard time catching up with meta as usual, nothing new here.

airbud7 likes this.
  9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahahahaha!....dam you sverek I just spit beer all over my screen laughing!

[​IMG]

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Every internet "challange" is for idiots. Never got to me why I should answer to any such challenge for the sake of somebody else's bringing it up.

First time I noticed it was the ice bucket challenge... when people were pouring ice water over their head.
    Fun fact: It was donate to charity or do the ice bucket. People thought they're cool when in reality... they should have donated. Doing the ice bucket only showed their simple mindsets. Idiots at work. Bill Gates, btw, did the ice bucket and donated to charity.

386SX likes this.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    A lot of the celebrities did the same thing.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Some people fail to realise that whatever is on the internet, doesn't necessarily translate as in accurate information, more so as things one MUST do to remain cool or follow a trend.
    Without a doubt, they are the same people who thought that you can download some RAM, right?
    In the near future, some individuals will laugh even more at the increasing stupidity, and many, many more will live their lives without knowing better and without realising how dumb they are.
    The overprotective modern society allows dumb people to live and breed , and without any concerns whatsoever.
    I've worked in PR for many years and I had my share of dumb people. To see dumb people on the internet is one thing, see them and interacting with dumb people is a soul crushing, mind pummeling, vile experience.
    They just hated me with a passion, and I pitied them for not knowing better.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I know right! Holy crap, some people couldn't figure out how to use HDMI, embarrassing! Phewww, dumb people everywhere, literally can't catch a breath here!

Don't click below if you venting
    I think you shouldn't expect people to live up to your high standards.

And I really sorry to say it, but the fact that they hated you, makes you dumb as well. You couldn't manage to communicate, understand and handle them.
    Cause they have different opinion and follow different trends to have fun, doesn't make automatically make them dumb.
    You might be dumb for them as well, as some nerd who "spends his whole day at PC".

You are free to vent here if you want, but this is rude.

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @sverek.
    When I wrote all the above, there wasn't single mention about technology.
    When it comes to it, I try incessantly to explain patiently what is what.
    My "tirade" was about common sense and simpler things.
    My job was dealing with people managing their mess at an administrative level.
    Paperwork, government registrations and civil affairs. I give you an example:
    For some people is so hard to understand that in order to marry, either you have to be single or to divorce firsthand, then marry again. This is common sense, right? Right?
    Yet, some dumb people fail to understand and they'll throw a fit, like toddlers do when they lack sleep or mom's tit.
    Nothing about technology here.
    Endless bickering and dumb people about simplest things in life. My faith in humanity in no longer present, we are on our way to destruction.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, that's true as well. Just... 99% of whatever was posted thought it was about "I dare you to pour cold water over your head". Which sadly wasn't the case... hardly any of the non-celibrity people donated, or at least I guess so. Maybe I'm wrong, but... I have my doubts :D

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Whats going on with you jbmcmillan, you nutter.

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I see. L

18. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Not sure what you're after there?

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A lot of us survived the 80's.....and I'd be willing to bet, we didn't read warning labels either.....nor were there lawsuits filed against companies by idiots that didn't read the warning label and suffered the consequences.

Every time I tell people this, they look at me like I'm some monster..... I fully support natural selection and I honestly think we should give it free reign for a few years to weed out those too stupid to be of any benefit to society.

We can't....but natural selection can.....

anticupidon likes this.
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    If the internet existed (like now) in the 70s and 80s, our generation would have done basically the same stupid crap as we mock now. Let's be honest.