Discontinued (check OP link for future drivers) - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cryohellinc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Haha very long time user and Indiegogo Part of the Team member. Can't watch TV shows or movies without it. Love SVP.

Yeah these drivers seem to perform really well with the shaders and configuration I have for MPV:

Code:
    vo=gpu
    profile=gpu-hq
    fbo-format=rgba16hf
    gpu-api=vulkan
    vulkan-async-compute
    gpu-context=winvk
    hwdec=nvdec-copy
    spirv-compiler=shaderc
    vulkan-queue-count=3

volume-max=100

hdr-compute-peak=yes

video-sync=display

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
    cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
    dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
    dither-depth=auto
    correct-downscaling=yes
    sigmoid-upscaling=yes

deband=yes
    deband-iterations=5
    deband-threshold=50
    deband-range=16
    deband-grain=48

sub-ass-shaper=complex
    sub-font-size=35
    sub-scale-by-window=yes
    sub-pos=100
    sub-align-x=center
    sub-align-y=bottom
    sub-margin-y=3

glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\KrigBilateral.glsl"

profile-desc=cond:get('height', 0) < 1440
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\SSimDownscaler.glsl"

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @Blackfyre
    Clean 431.70 WHQL - I also removed all of the Nvidia telemetry, so don't freak out when it says the driver isn't signed during installation.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Blackfyre likes this.
  3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I love you 3000

cryohellinc likes this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    #nohomo

fr3quency likes this.

5. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    He gotta say it back or it doesn't count.

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Cleaned the studio driver myself for RTX series in my case did not know if you're version was also intended for RTX @cryohellinc

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    It wasn't, as @Blackfyre is using Gtx 1070. But glad it works for you.

Blackfyre likes this.
  8. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Good to know thx for the reply :)

9. Kronos

Kronos Guest

GPU:
    bfgpu 9000
    signed up just to ask, in the "clean" version of the driver provided here, a file "NVtelemetry64.dll" still exists in the "driver" directory, is this file verified to be harmless on its own?

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    In that case, Welcome to the forum!

Some other components rely on it, but file by itself is harmless. DisplayDriverRAS.dll on the other hand actually sends stuff.

As of late Nvidia has integrated some of the telemetry components into the core driver itself, so just fully "removing" them as it used to be by deleting them is now impossible (unless there was some new development that I missed out on).

Nevertheless, there is a workaround that works and breaks the telemetry chain resulting in no data being sent out.

The above method is not included in the clean driver (for now). But takes like 10 seconds to implement manually.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Kronos likes this.

11. Kronos

Kronos Guest

GPU:
    bfgpu 9000
    thanks for the welcome, and the info was most useful!

I was actually plotting on how to bypass this too, my first idea was to edit the inf file but windows complained it had been tampered with when i tried to install, feels like that is a protection system working backwards allowing undesirable software in.

my second idea was a little different though, I think it is technically a 'clean bypass? I was simply going to use windows firewall to block outgoing requests from NVtelemetry64.dll I guess I should block DisplayDriverRAS.dll instead, or just block outgoing network access to all dll files that came as part of the driver (it's the only way to be sure?)

it should work right ? could maybe even be integrated to the clean driver somehow as part of the install? thought I may just end up doing the dirty install, I like the idea of that dll not even existing on my drive so long as the drives work fine and don't flag me a hack/cheater or anything with what few games i do play

Thanks

cryohellinc likes this.
  12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I have been using the workaround method with a dummy file for quite some time now across all my devices including work pc, without any issues at all. Try it out and let me know how it works for you.

The reason as to why I haven't implemented this method into the clean drivers yet is lack of testing - a dozen of people are hardy a sample group big enough to assure that everything works just fine. So please by all means - give some feedback in the end.

Kronos likes this.
  13. Kronos

Kronos Guest

GPU:
    bfgpu 9000
    I had issues using a dummy "Windows couldn't find the file specified" but I didn't try blocking with windows firewall, what I did do was install the clean driver as per normal (without a dummy file)

navigate over to the driverstore folder where the driver is installed which would be ...

c:/windows/system32/DriverStore/FileRepository/nv_dispi.inf_<arch>_<uid>/

then simply deleted both NV_telemetry and DisplayDriverRAS, limited testing (restarting, clicking around the desktop, playing media etc) shown no errors so far.

one thing though is the entries for the removed dll files still exist in the registry and can't be removed, maybe they also do when using dummy files method too?

would be interested to know if searching the registery for DisplayDriverRAS.dll with the dummy file method turns up anything?

Anyways thanks

cryohellinc likes this.
  14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Technically, all the strings that point to RAS dll and registry entries will still be there.
    However, they will not do anything, as all of the instructions that were within the .dll are not present.

Odd that you had this Windows warning. At what stage did it pop up?

15. Kronos

Kronos Guest

GPU:
    bfgpu 9000
    durin driver installation,clicked on my existing generic display in device manager, clicked update driver and pointed it to the clean driver location, with a dummy file it gave that error but with the original files it installed fine

either way it is ruing without telemetry now which probably wouldnt have bee able to figure out on my own so I am happy, thanks

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Why not use DDU prior to installation and afterwards simply installing a clean driver? In that case dummy method works perfectly.

17. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    While creating a custom windows 10 Install I found that Windows has an NVIDIA Statistics file in the 1903 installation. I removed this file and I have no problems with the drivers

18. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    If you could post what kind of problems you had, that would be helpful (for some people)...

19. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Read what I said again. I did not say I had any problems

20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    For future reference - what file are we talking about?