So you have all the $$$ in the world. What do you do each day to not get bored?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by DocStrangelove, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Hunting and shooting on a range... I have wanted to buy small forest but assuming I had already bought few large ones, taking care of those.

And would pay for professional contruction workers to finish building our shooting range. Thats hard work after the day job with not that many volunteers around.

2. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I would save a reasonable big amount of that for the education, living expenses and some luxury for my two daughters, just so they can be, do or get whatever they want. I cannot "buy into the future", so I have to save for that.

Then I would donate a big amount into research for different sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer and other conditions which still can't be cured completely or the treatment is still too risky. That includes buying or building some pharma company so if a treatment is found, the company can produce the meds in sufficient amounts and give them out for a price only to cover the costs of said company, so it can continue to produce what all people possibly may need.

Then I would save another big amount for future tech and stuff, because I may have bought everything available NOW, but what's about the tech (or other stuff) coming out next year or the next decade? I want to be prepared for that.

Then I would donate a big amount of that to shelters for the homeless by going into each one and giving the money into the hands of the homeless people, instead of transfering it to the bank account of the shelters. Otherwise I fear nothing of the money will end where it was intended.

Sometimes I may give some beggar / homeless one million or two. It's still FAR less than 0,001% of what I have, so anyway.

That's all I can think of right now. But I am sure I will find more if needed. :D

Now ... may I get the money you spoke of? :D

airbud7 likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'd start with properly funding RTG's driver team.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Race car.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    If I had $1 billion, I would keep only 10 mil and donate the rest. Have a feeling that a billion would make me feel pretty jaded quickly, that there will be no more challenges left for me to aspire to. Kind of like playing a game in god mode, where the initial minute or two may be fun then the fun quickly begins to wear out.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Rather than donating, you could establish businesses and employ people.

It is what i would do, probably game studio's

7. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    REDACTED.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  8. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    You're missing a cat here.
    Face obscured, stroking cat on lap ;)

edit: Hey, maybe in another 54 minutes we can get you crowd-funded if everyone chips in :)

(Late saturday night beers watching rogue one, sorry.)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    TekkMarine and airbud7 like this.
  9. - Start a Video Game company with a development & publishing arm.
    - Organize a worker's Union for my employees.