DEATHLOOP

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 10, 2019.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This one, I'm disappointed with.
    I love Arkane, but, this seems like it will be MP focused... and... I have no interest in MP based games.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is it really going to be a multiplayer game?

I got a bit of a Apex Legends vibe from the trailer but then when I looked up Arkane Studio's wikipage.

[​IMG]

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm not sure.
    A rumor I read before the conference said Arkane would be announcing a new MP FPS title.
    But, the CGI trailer for Deathloop didn't really specify much about the core game.

But, given it's about two characters constantly fighting, just struck me as "here's a coop/pvp based shooter"...
    Not at all what I want from a studio like Arkane.

cerebus23, Kolt and emperorsfist like this.

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I'm conflicted. Dishonored is one of the best games of all time. But Bethesda, while once a darling, is now a red-headed retarded step child. One can only hope Bethesda stayed the fu.ck out of its development and applied no pressure to release by a deadline.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There's no reason to think Bethesda interfered with the development with any of these games.
    People are jumping on this hate train because of Fallout 76, a game developed by Bethesda Game Studio Austin. Yet, ignoring the fact that Bethesda Publishing is a different branch of ZeniMax, with completely different people.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Lols, red headed retarded step child...

best classification of anything ever!

(I'm ok with Bethesda as a publisher and somewhat as a developer but gotta love that choice of words)

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    erm, i liked Prey. Hated the name, this looks like PVP? So.. Pass??!?

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    todd howard bethesda is the retard. and the source i would wage of much of that studios woes, no proof mind you, just my opinion, but my gut says the more control hes had the worse things got there to the point es6? meh? starfield? meh?

i mean i probably will look at these when they come out but i cant possibly get hyped for anything related to the howard wing of bethesda. that is where we are too many broken promises, too much dumbing down, too much simplification while trying to sell you the notion that they still make actual role play games. bet bioware will have some free people soon they might be well served to find a new head if there any dept heads qualified at bioware hard to tell at this point, but they need to jettison howard.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What does that have to do with anything Arkane are doing with Deathloop?

Todd is part of Bethesda Game Studios, not Bethesda Publishing. Separate divisions of the company.
    And, Arkane... is it's own company.

I get that people really hate FO76, and want to blame Todd for every wrong ever... but... the least people could do is keep it at least on the correct path.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If it was single player, it would be an instant buy.
    But... every word/rumor... anything... points to it being an always online/MP game. So... nope.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I've been in that boat as well, but I am a little worried and skeptical if not only because of what Bethesda/Zenimax publishing have been pushing for lately. I don't know exactly what is going on behind the scenes there, but I really hope they leave Arkane to do what they want. Games are often best when the studio are left to make what they are passionate about. Wolfenstein Youngblood looks like a hot mess and I wouldn't have thought something Machinegames and Arkane made together would be such a bad game and installment to a great series. I somehow doubt they were passionate about that game or at the very least in regards to the slapped on RPG mechanics.

I'm just not really capable of being excited for games as much as I used to anymore :/
    There is still Cyberpunk 2077 though..

13. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Youngblood as a spin-off to a sequel to a re-imagination of a 25+ year old game that was already inspired by something else... Yeah that was stretching it for passion right from the start. I agree, I hope Arkane gets to put its own excitement into their titles, because that's when they flourish.

14. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Not to mention Bloodlines 2 and the remaster of SystemShock.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The first couple of seconds when I saw Arkane guys my heart skipped a beat and my mind immediately went to Dark Messiah. For a fraction of a second, I had my own time loop in my mind where I stayed there for the next five years playing a next generation reboot of Dark Messiah and I came out of that dream very happy.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Deathloop looks like DisHonored, set in the 70s... with Groundhog Day.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I still can't tell if it's a story driven game or some mindless 1v1 multiplayer shooter

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hopefully... although I do feel like they are trying to hide what it actually is with both trailers now.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, it's a semi online experience where you experience the campaign as one character, Colt, but an outside player can "invade" your game as Julianna and try to hunt you down.
    Thankfully, that crap is optional and can be turned off.