AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.4 driver download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Fixed Issues
    • Grand Theft Auto™ V may experience an application crash or hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    Known Issues
    • Some system configurations may experience green color corruption after install of Radeon Software when running Windows® 10 May 2019 update.
    • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    • Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
    • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
    • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
    • Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
    • Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
    • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.4 driver download

Undying likes this.
  2. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Invisible abilities on smite again. Back to 19.5.2. Feedback reported hoping for some good drivers for my card in the future.
    Anyone whose play smite please take any god (kukulkan for example ) and throw his 1 ability or the ultimate and tell me if its invisible.(invisible abilites vary per god. Not all of them).

Smite runs on dx11 64bit.(haven't tried on dx9 and i am not planning to because dx11 gives better performance)

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That was fast. GTA V type hotfix for the 5700 GPU's then. Interesting. :)

EDIT: I assume other GTA V issues are still there too such as generally lower performance and stuttering, I forgot if that was a driver issue, game issue or a bit of both but it's been years so I would need to look up any details but I assume it's a mix of both driver and the game itself not doing too well.
    (With MSAA disabled to add since it tends to affect newer AMD cards pretty noticeably.)

EDIT: Though it also has that Watch_Dogs 2 thing with tons of geometry and draw calls and here's DX11 and certain limitations even if GTA V isn't quite as rough as WD2 can be on that subject though it's not a what's it called magic bullet either that will just fix it with minimum effort or work, far from I would imagine.

EDIT: It's not as rough as GTA IV though, that updated to DX11 would probably be a uplift to performance probably more so than GTA V on DX12 or Vulkan though with care and time it'd probably also see a nice little boost and then there's other benefits of a newer API too.
    (Which bounces right back to GTA IV. :p )

Nice to see it fixed though as the game is still really popular, guess it's a profile thing but it might help forward compatibility with Red Dead 2 which is not coming to PC but everything is kinda pointing to a PC port happening anyway. :D
    (Well duh it makes sense from a profit perspective and might also be a good basis for a re-release on newer console hardware depending on how backwards compatibility is or what could be added and enhanced via something like a remaster though that might work better for Red Dead Redemption 1 but I heard the code is Spaghetti Western so Noodle to that = No Deal because terrible word puns...are terrible.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  4. Mirko1978

Mirko1978 Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    19.7.4 and nothing ...RX 5700 is still just brick !

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's been a lot of RMA's for the card so I assume there is at least some degree of hardware faultiness for whatever reason is behind the defects if it's bad to where you can't even use it as no software is going to fix it if it's crashing that badly assuming it's Windows 10 and a fairly recent build so no OS legacy issues and also no other hardware issues but it sounds like a RMA case or refund and get a different card.
    (The errors are too varied to just say some common cause but I've seen several reports of a fairly clear nature for poor contact and seating for the cooler at least and then some issues with Wattman causing the system to crash and then various reports for a good number of games but also numerous reports with the same titles and Wattman working just fine so can't say from just this alone.)

EDIT: It's not a 290X though so if temps are 70 - 90c on idle that's poor contact and a RMA unless you re-seat and re-apply the paste and pads yourself and try to get it to contact properly but without pressing too hard and risking damage to things like the VRM's and such.

EDIT: And if you couple this with the voltage offset and the card is drawing 1.2v or higher then that's going to be a problem too although manually undervolting isn't going to just resolve poor cooler seating and heating problems, it might mitigate it but it's not a solution as such unless it's purely driver and software related somewhere yet not enough to affect every 5700 and 5700 XT.
    (Well 1.2v I think is actually default but some might be drawing more and better binned cards might draw less depending on overall GPU load and what it's working with.)

EDIT: GPU and the shroud might be the same before third party PCB's and coolers arrive for August but the machine process of assembly is going to make every one a bit different so there are still some room for errors or how to explain but that's just from the assumption that the seating is what is causing the issues and if it's nothing else which it also could be, early drivers after all even if it works fine on many systems there are still remaining issues that need to be fixed.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. Teksu

Teksu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 16gb
    GTA now runs on my 5700 xt after this update. I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible. The Academy. And of course the Los Santos Police Department.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So what is it exactly?
    Still Missing Relive? Software problem on your side.
    "wattman not work at all"? Not replicable here. Actually I use its controls for Voltage, clock, Fan, power limit instead of Afterburner.
    "PC crash randomly with BSOD"? What BSOD code? Randomly means that even outside GPU workloads.
    "browser is so buggy"? Another issue local to your system.
    "my games crash every hour or less"? All games? Temperatures as it happens? System log errors?
    "1903 will just makes more problems cos is buggy garbage"? Sorry it is not. Something else in your system is causing issues.
    "PSU is new and have 700W" (Hyper M 700W) Only thing that's certain is that it is good PSU as long as you connected things correctly.
    "I try clean windows, clean driver with ddu, I try 19.7.1, 19.7.2, 19.7.3, try undelvolt"? How did you tried to undervolt when your wattman does not work at all?
    "card crash sistem, OBS not work"? Neither is replicable. OBS works even when GPU encoder is used. I even updated to newest standalone plugin. Same goes for streaming via Relive. Works good at 1080p 30fps, except stream is black when 60fps is used.
    "I put old semi-broken HD 7950 and all work like it should work". Maybe get that driver for 5700 installed correctly. Or learn to install windows 1st.

To your question. If you can't install driver correctly, then it is hard to expect any good behavior. I know that some people around install only driver itself without Radeon Settings, Relive, ... and still have no problems. Your system is likely missing/blocking some software components or you are breaking those things without even knowing. Because Relive is no longer optional part of driver. It gets installed in both custom and auto-install. You can only enable/disable it in Radeon Settings.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Damn, you covered everything.

9. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Thanks man, that's reassuring to hear since I'm planning on getting a custom 5700XT card in August, and it's been appalling to see so many cases reporting deal-breaker issues like system crashes, games freezing and BSODs.

Looking forward to playing with Navi myself next month :)

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In the end I got reference (ASRock). It is actually bit overkill on 1080p. But at least it has reserves and eats less power.
    Like I have been playing killing floor 2 just now and average power draw was 95W while delivering 150fps which is MP limit. And I have self made config files to max out all that game can.
    Custom cards will be quieter under full load, but biggest difference comes from having case open or closed. Then direction of exhaust. I had it to the room (around 45° towards me), now it is rotated 90° clockwise, so it is 135° away from me and it is much quieter.
    I did tests and blower starts to be audible at around 1550~1600rpm (28%) in comparison to Fractal Design Celsius S24.
    At around 1950rpm (35%) it is almost comparable in noise with S24, but it operates on higher frequencies. While S24 kind of hums, this blower is like wind blowing through the leaves on the tree.
    At around 2250rpm (40%) it is at level of S24. Above that each % increases noise level quite a bit. And at 2800rpm (50%) it is quite like a sand storm in distance. S24's hum is still audible.
    And at 3250rpm (60%) it is loud. But even that does not put idle GPU temp below 42°C for me, therefore there is really no reason as to have high rpm at lower temperatures.

I went for:
    40°C - 15%
    60°C - 30%
    70°C - 40%
    100°C - 50%

Jackalito and OnnA like this.

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Let me cover a few other things with the 5700s

You need to set pcie 16/8 in the bios to gen 3 for all motherboards including x570 even if you have ryzen 3000 series. No your not gonna lose any performance on the GPU but PCI 4.0 is causing a range of stability issues. You will not saturate the pcie bandwidth doing this.

Once I did this on my x470 with a 2700x all my new sudden issues went away.

Nope you can't leave it on auto but must set to Gen 3.

Granted my example below from last night is with 19.7.1 so it could validate, I have used and tested 19.7.4, but of course that will not ever show in search. I also have the top scores for other 3dmark benches with a 2700x and 5700 XT

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20013261

[​IMG]

Far Cry 5 bench yesterday with 19.7.4 driver.
    [​IMG]

Jackalito likes this.
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @mtrai : funny thing is that I always set it manually in BIOS. And in new one there is even PCIe mode selection for NVMe.
    And even funnier is that GPUz 2.22 reports 5700 as PCIe 4.0 x16 @ 4.0 x16

13. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    PCIe 4.0 on the NVME works correctly...not so much for the GPU. Personally I think it is a bios issue that needs to be sorted out. AMD Radeon Settings can read the GPU Pcie buss correctly on under system/Hardware. For some reason the bios is just having issues with PCIe 4.0 gpu even on a board and cpu that does not have pcie 4 when set to auto.

You can disable relive to stop it from running. But with it off, I do not see any performance hit with the CPU or GPU as my two pics above show.

14. jokbon

jokbon Guest

My isusues with radeon was crashing relive. Usualy its caused when system runs out of ram, so the fix is to kill radeon setings task. = Not radeon fault.
    Another isusue was crash during driver update 19.7.2 which was caused by old chipset and bios. Updated it works fine. = Not radeon fault.
    Another isusue that when planetside 2 was updated to directx11 radeon chill work bad on that game. = Not radeon fault they werent ready for this.
    Another isusue on crosout radeon chill work bad. = Maybe radeon fault.
    Another isusue that windows 10 apply compatibility profiles that are incompatible with games. = Not radeon fault.
    Another isusue is decoding lag at certain compresions. = Radeon fault. Fix it asap omg worst drivers ever oml xD.