NVIDIA GeForce 431.60 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jul 23, 2019.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Lol what a stupid reply.

Ignore his comment. Report to nv directly if noone from nv notice it.

eGGroLLiO and Mico like this.
  2. vMax1965

vMax1965 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming
    Totally agreed, I also have the SB AE5 which I love but the constant crashes whenever changing from headphones to speakers and completly forgetting the settings everytime you shut down is terrible...

insp1re2600 likes this.
  3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Ah, I see. I'm using Displayport myself and don't have that issue. I definitely understand how that could be annoying though. If you haven't tried already try switching to DP (too lazy to look up that TV model haha), although I assume you are using HDMI and dealing with that issue because you have to :p

4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    IMHO a problematic driver consistent with all 430.xx releases (except for the two hotfixes)

impression and findings:

The NVCPL does not work when the RAS .dll is stopped (telemetry)
    and also when the Microsofts Store is turned off (telemetry and analytics)

in addition, on a 4x titan V system, the max performance setting keeps being changed back to "driver controlled"

both hot fixes do not exhibit any of these behaviors, the MS store being off does not affect the NVCPL and the removal of the telemetry was does not affect the two 430.xx hot fixes.

Additional findings.
    1. With 4x Titan V, the 425.xx, rendered Ray Traced enabled elements much faster than the 430.xx, while I'll get no sympathy for it, the Titan V does very well on Ray tracing (well, all ray tracing sucks, especially at 4k, ray tracing is barely playable at 4k, I have to go down to 1920x1080 to stay above 60FPS - and I don't use the DLSS gimmick because it reduces resolution at 4k - never understood that BS - putt settings at 4k but with DLSS you're really rendering closer to 2560x1440). So in the 430.xx driver, Ray tracing was hobbled in titan v - maybe to give breathing room for their RTX product line - Volta is where most of the demos were done and worked faster than the post RTX release versions).

2. On 430.xx (except for both hot fixes) some game levels take 3-4x longer to load. Behavior exhibited in Echo, Ethan Carter, Agony, HellBlade (U4 titles)

So, for me 430.xx seems to be not an advancement or improvement, but rather market positioning and more telemetry as prior drivers did not:

use MS store for telemetry
    use RAS .dll for telemetry
    corrupt NVCPL to have only one line (manage cpu utilization)
    unavailable NVCPL
    decrease ray tracing performance
    mess with max performance setting (changes it to driver-controlled)

interestingly all the MS store issues and RAS issue and NVCPL issues go away with both 430.xx hot fix releases.

PS. I'm not a fan of ray tracing so far and definitely not a fan of the resolution reducing blur-fest DLSS

AsiJu and toasty like this.

5. greghostor

greghostor New Member

GPU:
    RTX 9080 Ti Super
    Ciekawe dlaczego te sterowniki tyle ważą, telemetria na bank

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Dumb enough this has to be fixed anway. Its the time where with every new driver theres a new "weird" bug coming, with Windows....seriously...stupid QA, how can you miss such things!?

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    "This room is... green. I wanna go back to the blue room."

Dragam1337 and AsiJu like this.
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Please state your comment in English.

9. toasty

toasty Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Trio X
    Translate: I wonder why these drivers weigh so much, telemetry on the bank.

Yes, Nvidia are making bank with all of your informations, might end up like facebook and after a few years of fighting they'll have to pay the guberment off for being naughty (but not the folks they were making bank off of in the first place).

This is a joke, but you never know ;)

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    You aren't wrong, but I'm still happy it was fixed within one patch! Some other issues have taken much longer. QA in general seems to be going down, especially in the PC gaming world (games specifically) :/

11. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    ManuelG likes this.
  12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Brackets are used as operators is why.

13. Fathom216

Fathom216 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 980 GTX 4gb
    Any fix for the corrupted desktop mouse cursor issue until they release a hotfix?

14. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Go into the nvidia control panel and toggle scaling on and off to reinitialize the drive -- saves a restart at least.

15. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I have to defend Creative a little here. I think it just became cool to flame them because we all know they used to deserve it, but honestly since the launch of the Z there drivers have been solid. I have an AE-5 and have never had a single issue across many builds of windows 10. I think it's probably a config issue or some hardware conflict that's causing most user issues.

-Tj- likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    HD Audio drivers from any vendor will occasionally bsod when a driver update is performed (or the cable is pulled) whilst the Windows audio graph has a WASAPI session in low latency mode or stream open to particular multichannel receiver devices.

Linus himself had the same thing happen with his 8k Sharp tv video on yanking cable.

So, Fact: it occasionally happens but won't be a further issue. User can also reinstall the driver again and have it not happen.

Nvidia are not working on a fix, that was poor reporting on pcgamesn part as they reference only a comment by a redditor.

@ManuelG can probably confirm at this point that there is no fix being worked on, though they are continuing to test as new base code comes out and working with AMD on a platform level solution.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are working with AMD on this issue. I do not have any other updates at this time.

Maddness likes this.
  18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    On your keyboard, press the following keys at the same time:
    Windows key + Shift + Control + B

It will reset the display driver. Hope to release fix soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We do not sell users data sent through GeForce Experience. You can read our privacy policy from our website below:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/about-nvidia/privacy-policy/