NVIDIA GeForce 431.60 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    Played till now. Awesome driver! No crashes, no hiccups and even the few micro stuttering happening in open zones has gone. So i decided to crank up settings another bit (ultra with something maxed apart volumetric fog which is a pain) The only annoying thing is the loong loading times that today patch introduced. Forza Horizon 4 and Destiny 2 were also fine but just launched them to test if anything was wrong. ATM i play those 3 so i'm fine.
    Maybe the 3dMark theory was wrong :p

2. Enclose

Enclose Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    Nvidia Inspector stopped working for me with this driver version :/

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Ah....gratuitous insult removed...ha ha...sue me

What I would like to know is why Windows 10 defaults to RGB limited and no way to change that via the OS. You have to use the NVCP, which of course screws up Win 10 and HDR...FFS....this is still a mess.
    What version of Inspector are you using? I'm using
    I'm using 1.9.7.8 with Profile Inspector version 2.3.0.2 (which you can download here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts)
    and it's working fine.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I've been forcing RGB Full in NVcpl for a while now and haven't had any real HDR issues except for the last driver breaking it.. or at least I haven't noticed anything. What exactly is the problem you describe? If I'm doing something wrong or making my already low-end HDR any worse I'd like to know haha.

5. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Oh how badly I could derail this thread with that comment....but I will resist and just say I will not touch ANYTHING with ANY Creative Labs part in it. Ever. Must...stop...repress the Creative hatred.....and then there's Asus Xonar cards...

Back on topic, the driver seems fine so far. Just played a little Warframe.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    The1 and insp1re2600 like this.
  6. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    With new "anti-lag" settings in NVCPL?

7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    No.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I'll just stick with that 435 driver for now.. at least it's native wddm 2.6 as extra.

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I can confirm that HDR is now working for me with this driver

10. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    What's happening with the fix for Ryzen 5 3000 series users with Nvidia compatibility problems... WHEA errors in particular..?

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    For me connected to a Sammy JU7100 via HDMI of course. Windows 10 default uses RGB limited as shown in the NVCPL. I change that to use the Nvidia settings and enbable RGB full which gives me a normal image. If I then enabled Windows 10 HDR again, it says that it is full RGB, but clearly the image is washed out. It's odd, it is not as washed out as setting limited as you can adjust the slider in Windows 10, but is it clearly not the same output level as RGB full...kind of a mix.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    a fix is being tested for a hotfix driver, src:Manuel G

There aren't any nvidia compatibility problems with Ryzen 3k, the WHEA problem is purely the Ryzen AGESA/Bios code that controls PCI-E link tuning and issues have been introduced on non 3k processors on existing setups (with 300 and 400 boards) just by applying 1.0.0.2 and 1.0.0.1.

Check (ie, harass) your board vendor till a 1.0.0.3AB based code is available if you absolutely need a working pc this moment, or wait till AMD get 1.0.0.3ABRACADABRA or w/e version ready that fixes Destiny 2 / RDRAND without breaking everything else.

The same issues also manifest with Radeon's and any brand of nvme attached to the CPU PCIE controller.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  13. judicator

judicator Member

GPU:
    PNY 3090 RTX Revel
    Installing these gave me my first blue screen ever on this PC in the couple years I've owned it.

nvhda654v.sys - SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that happens occasionally with the audio driver, it'll work fine from here out.

15. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    Possibly i found the reason of The Division 2 dx12 ctds after raising everything to the max. Seems the game crashes if gpu usage reaches 99% (meaning unlocked framerate can't be used). If i keep the gpu usage within 90% everything is stable. Maybe Manuel G. could find this info useful.
    For the rest the driver is really good and generally faster than 431.36 on the games i play. Keepers for now.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I haven't noticed anything, still on 430.64.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only unstable hardware crashes when load reaches 99%

18. Crazy Joe

Crazy Joe Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090/24GB
    For some reason the transition of the above forum post to the comments section of the news story removes the text between square brackets, so that only the non-bracketed text remains. Made some of the fixes and open issues become very mysterious. Time to upgrade the scripts to handle this issue, Hilbert?

19. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    Tho it happens only in TD2 and is fine in other games. Also a strange glitch is that after sticking for a bit at 99% it goes to 100% (and afaik it should'nt happen to nvidia cards and so far i only saw this in TD2).
    It would be more useful if you tell us that u play TD2 without probems maxing out your gpu. Otherwise i don't see the utility of your comment. -_-

20. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Then why are Nvidia working on a fix?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/amd-ryzen-3000-bsod-whea-error

AsiJu and -Tj- like this.