[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Can you run LatencyMon and see if the ntoskrnl.exe spikes are fixed?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no need to keep asking that, wait till august.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Changelog will probably overlap with the optional updates released for 1803 and older.

Edit: the new release preview update hides Edge if you have the new one installed. It doesn't even show up in win+s search.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh it's a preview that explains why it's not up on the update history page with changes, saw it on MDL but I was under impressions that Microsoft was mostly focusing on 19H2 although after re-checking it's still Slow channel only although the above update was also followed by updates for many of the previous builds for Windows 10 for 16xx and up so most of the Redstone ones I believe.

And yeah latency is still spiking here after a test, guessing with the August update that's either a longer planned fix or Microsoft is doing their usual and it's part of 19H2 and later only although I think it would be significant enough to backport but at least 19H2 is a cumulative and not a full update/actually a OS re-install like the others also showing a lot of focus on 20H1 with the current insider builds so far seemingly focused on OEM improvements from what I am getting matching the fixes from the current 19H1 cumulative as well and then these enhancements for what they are.

EDIT: Yeah got a bit too comfortable with MS mostly just forgetting the release preview branch and just occasionally doing a app update for the store and associated bits, interesting to see the Chromium Edge project coming along to where it's part of these cumulative patches in a way too from how it sounds like and yep this one patched a ton of files so if it wasn't some really important kernel and build update I wonder what it's going to be listed for in the patch notes although security stuff is rarely covered in depth.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    .264 is out for the release preview channel, if the previous .263 cumulative update was installed and then the user ran the cleanup command this new update might fail to install which from what it sounds like could be due to a component mismatch so .263 updated some part to a newer version and it's not entirely faultless so .264 makes some adjustments maybe reverts it so it's older now.

Cleanup or the /ResetBase parameter would make the update permanent and it errors out because a older component can't replace a newer one like that but later updates could fix it or a build like the 19H2 one which shouldn't be too far off now.

Jackalito likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    264 is confirmed to have restored performance of BF3 on the EA forums, has anyone tested with ntoskrnl dpc latency?

7. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    idk my spikes randomly gone after june driver+patch

8. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    so did 264 fix the kernel latency spikes?

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1618.363960
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 431.36 , NVIDIA Corporation

My only culprit, otherwise everything is under 500.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

11. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    So since I have a stomach virus I figured what better day then to try 1903 again. With .264 I can confirm this OS Build is finally ready to go with no DPC Latency spikes at all. When compared to 1809 it is actually better now.

Jackalito likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pull out the card and reseat it, that looks like contaminant or resistance related spiking.

wait, this is your 1070M? that would make things more troubling as you could be having vendor specific power implementations screwing things up....

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Unfortunately still having latency issues with .264 installed.
    It's actually a little worse now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I didn't measure it yet, but destiny 2 ran smoother and a little faster, stable min fps

15. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Can confirm as well DPC spikes on ntoskrnl.exe are gone for me and even after several reboots. highest was 93us for ntoskrnl.exe after 3 hours of gaming.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    clean install your radeon driver.

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Will try, once I get home, perhaps even will reinstall chipset driver :)

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Another update, build is 18362.266 from KB4505903 which is out on the release preview channel now.

SSU remains the same as .263 and .264 through KB4508433

EDIT: Wonder what all this is changing and what MS is testing, guess the changelog for the August cumulative will show some of it.
    (Though .264 seems to just revert one component of .263 and then .266 here probably fixes so it installs correctly possibly with a fixed component now.)
    (Going by the MyDigitalLife forums said component was amd64_dual_swenum.inf )

EDIT: Hmm nope seems .266 won't install same as .264 if the update was cleaned beforehand whether /resetbase was used or not, interesting.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    -Tj- and Jackalito like this.
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I couldn't install .264 because I ran disk cleanup. I reinstalled because I don't trust them to fix it properly in a public release. Have they atleast acknowledged that there is an issue and asked testers to not run cleanup manually? It's bad enough that there are no change logs as it is. The latency bug seems to be fixed as others have pointed out. I get a result that's still higher than 1809 but there are no downsides that I can observe.

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    .266 installed here, but I also had .264 already installed.