The RTX 2080Ti thread (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Thanks, did a 1.093V OC but only picked up 15Mhz maybe i could get +30 stable if i played with it but not really worth it for such a small gain

@TaskMaster on my strix/samsung memory i just went straight to +1000mhz have not had a problem with it

2. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Sounds like a nice overclock. What's the actual clock speed sitting at while gaming?

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Hey, thanks. I did it and its stable. Noticed faster shader loading times in star wars battlefront 2. Is that what relates to overclocking your memory? Need a little more info on the benefits of this and I understand core.

thanks in advance.

4. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Hi guys how are you?

Yesterday my PNY RTX 2080 Ti XRL8 Gaming arrived, but the temps seems a little hot for me, with the max power limit and +110 on core and +600 on memory I get something about 81/82C with 100% fan speed, I just saw that the 2080Ti is a little hotter than 1080Ti, should I be worried? Should I return this card or its OK?

Thanks

5. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    The case is a Thermaltake view 71, a huge one

There are one fan at back, the radiator at front at 4 fans on top

6. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    It's 360, and yes it's all glass, I'm at job now, as soon as I get home I'll try to remove the front panel, let's see what happens, thanks a lot

Geryboy likes this.

7. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I have the MSI Gaming X Trio and its a really nice card. The fans stop spinning if the temperature is low and even when they spin, they are VERY quiet. I think MSI has the best fans on their cards. Either way, the card is very quiet 95% of the time. I also have the Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080TI OC and it is also extremely quiet and can shut the fans off as well. MUCH quieter than the Founder's Edition.

SiMallV719 likes this.
  8. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Decided enough is enough, for the past couple months I've been staring at 2080 Ti's and the upgrade itch just became too much. Found her as an open box item at Microcenter, marked down to $1015 USD. She's a beauty alright.

[​IMG]

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Pandora's Box and serbicu like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you think a ROG Matrix 2080ti will fit in the vertical bay?

11. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I want to buy 2080 Ti MSI Ventus or Zotac AMP, but I've read some opinions that some RTX 2080 Ti are still dying (especially Zotac AMP compared to MSI Ventus), I've searched for many days for ''the less dying'' (lol) RTX 2080 Ti model and it seems that the best opinions from multiple stores/forums has RTX 2080 Ti MSI Ventus and Ventus OC models, but those do not have that great cooling system (similar to FE maybe slightly better), I'm confused, I need new GPU for 4k@75Hz refresh and ultra settings, which my GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Extreme is not that great in some games.

So I need some help guys, maybe you have those GPU's (or had similar ones) so you can share your experience please?

Ok I went with the Zotac AMP, wish me luck! I hope it will not die on me..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019