Tempted to buy from here but dont know if its legit.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Perjantai, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Perjantai

Perjantai Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080
    Have been looking this "cheap" EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra Gaming 11GB GDDR6 from "Xona Direct". It is located in England and does shipping globally with very high shipping costs. I cant find anything related for this shop from internet and have been wondering if this is a scam. I asked them where they get cheap stock and they answered from supplier at Hong Kong.
    Price is atm £799.20 (~890€) + ~£60 shipping in europe. Other stores sells same card around 1200€ but lately I have seen some other brands cards been sold low as 980€.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Dont do it.
    I'm in the UK and I've never heard of them.

What computer parts reseller EVER put this in the T&C especially when most PC components cost way less.
    If they were genuine they wouldnt restrict themselves so badly.
    They want large amounts of money fast.
    The only way to get that is to advertise prices that are too good to be true.

Note how they put so little effort into their website that every single first paragraph of each products info is cut short.
    They pasted info from elsewhere into a database without enough space in the field.

They are not trading legally.
    https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07050558/XONA-DIRECT-LTD/companies-house-data
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07050558/filing-history

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Perjantai, SpajdrEX and alanm like this.
  3. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    yeah europe has a lot of websites set up to bring deals that are too good to be true...
    especially those are going on holiday looking for hotels.. dont get enticed by overseas price.
    shop local and shop online local e.g if you are in the us, just use amazon or new egg.
    if you dont have enough money to buy the parts you want, just wait and save up a lil longer, by that time there will be black friday sale around the corner

Perjantai and SpajdrEX like this.
  4. Perjantai

Perjantai Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080
    Thanks for fast replies. Now with this sanity check, I will definitely buy elsewhere. :)

SpajdrEX likes this.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just checked out their location on google maps.... its just a normal residential street lol

Perjantai likes this.
  6. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    good man! dont fall into them traps, especially with your hard earned money

Perjantai likes this.