The Witcher [Netflix]

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 20, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well here is the first teaser trailer

On some shots the main character remind me of Duncan Macleod (Highlander), which is not a good thing lol

It may be hard to get into if there is a lot of cringyness floating around.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is it just me or that looked good? Im surprised.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Lifeless. TW3 "A night to remember" trailer, or the first game intro were where it's at. Dark, atmospheric, creepy, brilliant.

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Female characters look generic, otherwise, it looks great.

airbud7, fantaskarsef and Undying like this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I though the same. Yennefer looks better ingame. :D

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Please read the books and then criticise this trailer, don't base your opinions from the games.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Um, no?

Please let people criticise whatever they want to criticise on whatever basis they wish.

NOTHING IS ABOVE CRITICISM.

CalculuS, 386SX and Dragam1337 like this.
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Sure but you have to understand what they have based this off and its not the games, so using those as a basis to critique it is just a bad idea.

Take the sword for instance, in the games he carries two swords. In the books he carries one sword and the other stays with roach. Also, the medallion in the games is that of a wolf/dragon/creature shaped piece of metal, whereas in the books its a circle piece of metal, like in the show.

Remember the games were based on the books, and they did their own interpretation of them. This show is not even consulting CDPR they are consulting the writer and basing it more closely off the original source material.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I do not care what a movie/tv series is based on. I care what people think of the trailer in a thread about a trailer.

If this was a discussion about the series, then let's go do that and talk about that there.

Flatout trying to dictate to people what their subjective opinion should be based on, instead of their own emotion reaction to a trailer, just isn't [insert subjective opinion here].

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    That is a really bad decision IMHO , CDPR made it more badass and gave it sexiness, which definitely helped to make it popular.
    So far the cast looks anything but memorable.

Solfaur, Dragam1337 and CPC_RedDawn like this.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Perhaps...but if the netflix $ means they get to put money into Cyberpunk and tank over the entire AAAAAAA gaming market and put the death kneell into the heart of EA, causing them to lose all of their stocks and shares, hey, I'm for it.

Icanium likes this.
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I'm not dictating anything to anyone. I am simply clarifying what the trailer it self told you and everyone else watching it.

https://i.**********/x8vJK5tj/Untitled.png

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I think it looks really good. Plus I think it's awesome they got Henry Cavill, he was awesome in Man of Steel.

airbud7 likes this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    That is true, I do hope CDPR have some form of input into the show. I mean their dev team are probably insanely knowledgeable on the book lore and probably have some great ideas that maybe they couldn't include in the games. But I doubt it will happen as the writer of the books fell out with CDPR quite a while ago and tried to sue them. They settled out of court, so maybe they have kissed and made up by now.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matt...portedly-settles-lawsuit-with-witcher-author/

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I said it before and I say it again this did not need to be made, it really didnt but is another way to cash in i guess base on the game material or books it dont matter cause most books turned in to movies arnt much better.

and if anyone says the harry potter movies or hunger games.... please give your self 50 lashes and rub some salt into it ;)

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Why not? Obviously the books will always be better but that applies to every book and not just this one.

It probably is a way to cash in though, as Sapkowski does seem to be a big fan of that these days, and tbh aren't we all.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cause no book turn into movie or series let alone a game turn movie or series lives up to the original material none of them have. and anime turn into live action movies/series are worse.

it general done as means to make money off it, which just windup with the IP being sullied by it.
    dragonball evolution live action movie was perfect example of why anime should never be made in to live action. and will forever be stain on Yun-Fat Chow resume.
    Much like Warcaft live action movie is stain on Daniel Wu resume getting. Mortal kombat movies were another movie that did not live up to source material, Tomb raider movies too, but that is just my opinion, the people i talked to that didnt even know that stuff was game or book or anime before hand thought they were bad.

if CDPR is gona get pay day out this to fund there games that great cause there games are great.
    I didnt want this happen and after seeing the trailer I still think it should not be done. Just like I dont think MGS movie should see the light of day let or Akira as live action.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I think it looked decent. Looks pretty dark to me, so let's hope they translate that atmosphere from both the books and games well.

Actually tempted me to reinstall in the Witcher 3 and play it again for the.... 5th time? hehe.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You undo your own logic - it did not state in the trailer "you cannot have an opinion regarding how your feel about the trailer unless you read X, Y and Z".

Sorry, but my point stands and I think you need to take a step back.

20. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    What he means is the trailer told us it is more taken from the books rather the game, at least I think that is what he mean (correct me if I am wrong).

I enjoy all opinions here, but Loobyluggs, you get a over emotional in threads focusing on t.v. shows and fantasy. Not bashing you, just how you come across. I love you still.

Loobyluggs likes this.