Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    think they showcased 60 fps gameplay with all rtx options on , with rtx2070 already.

To be honest, control/quantum break, aren't competitive shooters. You can still get away with a good experience at 45+fps

Undying likes this.
  2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ^ They're not competitive shooters, you are right, but the game revolves on shooting, getting low fps could compromise the experience, I've been through that in Quantum Break already, dying just because I couldn't aim cause of input lag and low fps.

They´ve been showing 1080p videos all the time with RTX enabled, not to mention one the last ones which was running at sub 30 fps (hopefully just an upload problem). With all those rtx effects enabled it won't be light, just look at the new Metro...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The latest gameplay video that was released from some YouTube channel was recorded at 24 FPS, i've never seen this on YouTube, ever lol

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Who still plays at 1080p? That's what I'm not a fan of. $1,000 gpu and the goodies can be turned on @ 1080p? Is this console or PC gaming?

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The RTX2070 is a 1080/1440p gpu i would argue, and it's not 1000$ <.<

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just finished the game for the first time and I absolutely loved it! Easily one of my top 5 Sci/Fi/Action games of all time. I will definitely be playing this again and again, now I'm hyped even more for Control.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's one of the very few games (still trying to find another, but for argument sake let's consider there is) that i've replayed 3-4 times since it released 3 years ago.

jbscotchman likes this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Have you played Dead Space? The first two are incredible!

XenthorX likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And, despite popular opinion. Dead Space 3 is still a really good game. Thanks to EA's meddling, it's not as great as the first two, but it's still a solid and worthwhile experience.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i tried dead space 1&2 , not really getting into it ^^

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's not for everyone.
    I love the series, but, it also ticks the "body horror" that I love.

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Bought the game yesterday, finished it today. It was a little short, but every enjoyable. On the flip-side, I also like they didn't make it unnecessarily lengthy by adding mindless side quests like so many other games seem to do nowadays.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Is there a way to add custom resolution ?
    My monitor is 3840x1600 ultrawide and Quantum Break only goes up to 3440x1440 ultrawide in the option.
    Any way to play at 3840x1600 ?

14. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Never mind.
    For the record, you can add desired resolution in renderer.ini file located in c:\Users\name\AppData\Local\QuantumBreak folder. It works.

15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Jeez, this game still manages to go under 60 fps even with my 3080 at 1440p, no upscaling. WTF?! I wanted to test it after some years and as soon as I reached the lab with the machine and the accident occurred, pointing the camera at the time machine itself made the framerate go to 57-58 fps.
    Probably the win store version is even worse than the one released on steam. And those in-engine cutscenes capped at 30 fps really stand out in a negative way. This porting was really a trainwreck.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Remedy were only given a few months to bring the title to PC.
    It was conceived, produced, developed and tested as a console exclusive. Then, MS wanted to build a better PC relationship, and felt Remedy would be a good place to start.

But wanted the Win10 version ready to release along side the console version.
    All the while, Remedy built the new engine specifically for the Xbox One.

The Steam version is the better release, as they did have some more time to work on it. But, in the end they could only do so much. As MS own the Quantum Break IP and control what kind of post-release updates it can receive.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm glad this thread was bumped, I've been meaning to replay this especially since we're still waiting for Cyberpunk.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yeah, that sudden announcement for the pc version was totally unexpected, considering it was supposed to be the killer app for xbox. Since I love Remedy games I made the bad choice of buying it on the win store day one, and there were all kinds of issues, which were partially fixed with the patches. I thought that the newest hw would have allowed to get a higher, above all more stable, framerate, but I was wrong. Most of the times it stays at 70-80 fps, still, there are those scenes with lots of "time breaking" pp effects that really tax the gpu. So, in the end, it is still impossible to get a locked 60 fps at 1440p, let alone 4k. The game looks gorgeous anyway, even better than Control in my opinion, at least from a pure art direction perspective. Higher budgets bring more details. :D

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The Steam version is pretty affordable these days when on sale so if you are willing to double-dip, it should run better especially on NV hardware (Steam version uses DX11 renderer instead of DX12).

I say especially on NV hardware as IIRC some AMD GPU users reported similar or even better performance on Win Store aka DX12 version, actually. At the time.

20. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I just got the game.
    From 2016 I am amazed at how demanding it is. 5600x, RX6600xt, 32GB ram.
    I can just run the game at 75 fps 75Hz 1080p @ ultra minus up scaling.
    But enabling all ultra to custom. minus up scaling drops to about 60fps.
    If I enable upscaling + All ultra to custom 75fps. But the pixels don't light to my liking. A dip in eye candy.
    My RX6600XT must be about 2.5 times more powerful than the top card in 2016.

Quantum Break PC Performance Analysis (tweaktown.com)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024