In-Win 309 mid tower has a unique per pixel frontside RGB LED display

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Of all the RGB trends, this is actually pretty cool. Not sure if I'd actually want it for myself, but at least it isn't yet another case with tempered glass and 2 or 3 120mm RGB fans in the front.

The only thing I don't get is why this case is so large. I can see how the width and height can't really change due to the front LEDs, but the depth seems really excessive.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    What I always liked about InWin is that they often put the I/O on the left side of the PC. So convenient if it's on your desk!

4. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    I'm generally not into gimmicks but this is acctually pretty cool, if i can program pac-man(or snake) to run on it and let it act like an arcade machine, this would be awesome.

5. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm solidly in the "RGB is gaudy" camp but this is actually kind of cool.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Not a bad case for airflow too. I first saw this and thought its gonna suck for air flow as there are no fans on the front panel. But I see now it has space for 3x120mm fans at the bottom. So by the laws of physics, as we know hot air rises. Using 3 fans in the bottom of the case along with 3x120mm fans at the top exhausting air this should actually be pretty decent for airflow. I would even consider flipping the rear case fan around to have that as an intake as well blowing cool air directly across the mobo's VRM's and also coupled with the 3 intakes in the bottom it would create some decent positive air pressure.

Koniakki likes this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, that's rather cool feature. I wonder if they have code ready for linux. If so, it could be real winner.
    On windows, I do not really care much about taking data from system and visualizing. But on linux, I do stuff just because I can.

I would imagine using set of LEDs for CPU, each LED for one core. Color grading for utilization of given core.
    Then line of LEDs for GPU utilization and color for temperature.
    Line for Memory use. Another for swap.
    Then each HDD may have I/O utilization each drive on separate line. And color grading for remaining space.

I am sure that people can find tons of uses for such panel other than "hour-glass" or "invaders".

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Yup, I had pretty much the exact same line of thinking haha. But, since there are 18 rows, you could also use 10 rows for your bar graphs, leaving you with an 8x8 grid, which you could use for special indicators. Since each square is decently large, you could print on one of those clear template sheets (that were used for overhead projectors) and position that over the display. So for example, in the 8x8 grid, you could have a square saying "email notification" where it might blink a certain color based on how many unread messages you have. Another square could be used for "download complete". Or for the bar graphs, you could show "CPU 10%" on the bottom row, "CPU 20%" on the 2nd row, and so on.

anders190 and Fox2232 like this.
  9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @CPC_RedDawn
    sorry, but the fact that hot air "rises" is completely irrelevant as soon as its in something like a pc case with one or more fans (forced airflow).

Koniakki likes this.
  10. anders190

anders190 Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    While I, like most others, don't exactly love RGB on everything, this concept does feel pretty interesting. I might actually pick up something like this at some point.

I really like the way you are thinking here! :)

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    considering I dismantled my all rgb windowed case because the backplate of my 1080Ti was cooking everything inside, placing your videocard like this seems a very very bad idea
    way to make your chipset, motherboard,m.2 drive, cpu hotter