Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Something weird happened here while using "Optimal Power" in the Power management settings. While focusing with Ikaros the clocks dropped significantly (to 1200MHz) which made me loose FPS. When I changed to "Adaptive" the clocks went up and solved the issue. Just an interesting find - and I still believe the "Optimal" setting is way too conservative. (I've resized the images to 1920x1080)
    [​IMG]

Here is a funny LOD bug when looking at a distance with the bird. Looks like Playdough patties :D
    [​IMG]

fluidz likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    always been concerned by optimal settings toggling to lower power usage during gaming, ended up sticking with maximum performance

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea but you can save it for high octane or badly optimized games and do it on a profile by profile thing also.

alpha and beta tweak guides almost all include custom profiles and suggesting max perf for power setting. it is almost always slightly better and certainly more consistent them allowing your drivers or the game to decide when you might want fps and when you do not need it.

XenthorX likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I have just bought the ulitmate edition since its €42 on gamesplanet right now. looking really forward to this since greek mythology has always been a favorite of mine.
    the game looks insanely huge lol

XenthorX and DocStrangelove like this.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Good choice. Played well over 200 hours by now and just got back from the Underworld. Quite an odyssey and it was never boring.

signex and XenthorX like this.
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah i can see that. ive seen some of your pictures on the island you start on LOL

so far its a good game, nice graphics as well.
    Is it possible though to play the cinematics at 60fps ? ive noticed they are at 30fps.

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Never paid attention to how many fps the movies have tbh. I switched off vsync ingame and set the max fps to 60 and the game feels fine.

signex likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Update 1.4.0
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2085682-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-1-4-0-Patch-Notes

blurp33 likes this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Need to get back to the game ! I barely scratched the surface :p

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Same here, I am barely lvl 14 and stopped play for a few months. Got back into it last week and really enjoying it. For me it is extra special as last year my lady and I went to Greece, rented a car and stayed/visited a lot of historical sights and its great seeing them as they were (relatively) in the game.

Very cool experience.

XenthorX likes this.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Game seems to not like my RX 5700 that well, it crashes quiet often. :(

The game also reset my graphics settings, i thought i gained 27fps with my new CPU and GPU lol but the game was apparently running on Medium settings. :(

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    amd early adopter privileges

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Guess what. I started over from scratch. Still feels interesting and i love the progression and the main missions.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Played over 400 hours just waiting for the last dlc now, game runs 60 fps @ 1440p @ ultra settings.
    I just hope that the last dlc is better then the hades one.

Never ever this game crashed on me odyssey is a very stable game :)
    Ubisoft games never crash for me in general.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I find my 2nd playthrough a bit easier. Prob because i know how to setup my gear with buffs that actually matter. It's a bit overwhelming at times.

Do you guys also have a special warrior, assassin and hunter set?

I use my warrior set when i'm in tight spaces where i cant escape combat. The assassin set is what i mostly use for hit and run tactics. I usually disable the alarm fires first, then try to reach all the caches and crates without being noticed and try to assassinate the captains and leaders at the end of my turn.
    When i get spotted as an Assassin i just run around in circles and kick ppl off the walls when an opportunity presents itself.

The hunter outfit is for archery and esp hurting animals, plus underwater breathing for looting shipwrecks while dealing with the sharks.
    I found marking the sharks with my bird and then shooting them while standing on a boat is much easier than fighting underwater.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The performance is even worse in the new episode.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Tons of geometry which the game already had issues with, might not be quite as dense as Alexandria of Origins or Athens or Odyssey but they sure made a detailed though smaller area so I can see it doing a number on CPU and GPU performance both. Game would be a pretty solid case for D3D12 or Vulkan support for improving multi-threading and handling these draw calls assuming the implementation was good of course but maybe that's something that can happen with the next game.

It's a bit like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Paititi or Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Prague or how to compare although the aggressive LOD and usage of culling and the various higher spires and towers should also mitigate some of the geometric workload by having large parts of the city being hidden and when you are in the smaller wilds that can be explored outside of this it's in a lower detail state though the game does a pretty good job of making it still look impressive and with less noticeable pop-in and such. :)

Not too bad so far, probably on the shorter side again but more enjoyable than the underworld episode. Time to see how this all concludes though since I looked up a video trailer yesterday and YouToob recommended all the spoiler named and thumbnailed videos first with Ubi's own channel way down (Should just have gone to that directly. :p ) well I kinda already know though I am not too bothered by things like that. :D
    (Can't blame them though, early access Tweetch and Toob streamers doing their thing bad as some of these videos are does wonders to promote and hype and market the product.)

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Visually the new area looks great, but it's really demanding GPU-wise. My OC'ed 2080Ti barely keeps 65FPS at 1440P in some scenes(Using reshade adaptivesharpen).

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Performance is quite good for me. I run maxed out, but do have a heavy reshade with a really nice depth of field effect. Keeps the distance mountains and object slightly blurred for a more atmospheric effect.

Let me know if anyone would like to try it.

20. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Zenoth and DocStrangelove like this.