Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah I don't get it either why people base their opinion on a game over how many people are playing it at any time.

By that logic as PUBG is being played by a bucketload of people it must be the best game ever. Or Fortnite.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    some games are ok to compare time played but you have to keep that generally in the area of similar games.

your average fps single player game is in the 6 to 12 hour area.

your average open world game is 20 to 100 plus hours.

rage is a hybrid of the two, as a pure shooter it is perfectly great in its length. as an open world game it is mediocre or under performing.

so you get this wierd it feels short when your brain is sizing up the world to other open world type games like fallout or borderlands.

KissSh0t likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you're playing shooters on a console, you're playing them wrong :p

j/k obviously and I see the points behind criticism, Rage 2 is hardly a masterpiece.

But going in expecting more Rage I wasn't disappointed. The combat is superb and that's really what matters, to me.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And there's the two story based DLC packs coming this year.
    Those are said to add more locations, enemies, weapons and abilities.

5. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    Well I'm 19 hours in, taking my time with the main story and absolutely loving it. Superb shooting, a decent amount of fun exploration. Graphics look great imo.
    Looking forward to more updates and additions.

6. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    So after beating the game a few weeks ago, I decided to do another playthrough but this time chose Nightmare difficulty....and boy did it make all the difference! Playing on normal and getting all the power ups makes you damn near invincible but on Nightmare skill you actually need to power up quite a bit to hang which just makes it so much more enjoyable. Love this game!

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The next update will add a New Game + option.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion aren't they.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I think the game looks great.
    Just because it's not cutting edge visually, doesn't mean it looks bad. Comments about how it looks dated or bad just make me laugh.

signex and cerebus23 like this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    DisHonored 2 is gorgeous.
    Thanks to a brilliant art style that doesn't strive for realism, but instead it's own design.

And, I don't think RAGE 2 should be, or was ever meant to be taken seriously. I don't think they took the ridiculous approach far enough.
    I don't want another serious, grounded and dramatic open world, wasteland game. Sorry, but those are boring and a dime a dozen. RAGE 2's more "Hey, this is stupid... lets do it" approach was very welcome.
    My only issue, is there wasn't enough of it. And as such, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming story DLC packs.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Not going to lie, I'm really enjoying the game so far. The world doesn't seem as boring and empty as people are making it out to be.. but maybe I just haven't explored it enough. Combat is so fun and engaging that even if the open world does turn out boring I don't think it will stop me from enjoying the game. I paid half price for it also.. so it's definitely worth it at that point.

Archvile82 and AsiJu like this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Same here, been playing lately and really having fun. The perk / weapon mod / abilities / augments system also feed nicely to gameplay loop.

Been 'grinding' for Ark Tek cores, neural interfaces and life glands to get damage upgrades.

Btw question for you and others: which do you find more useful for assault rifle, armor breaking shots or rapid fire mod?

Rapid fire probably gives higher DPS but at times the AR seems underpowered against armored enemies and especially mutants for some reason.

It can take half a (extended) mag to down just one. Or I'm missing a lot of shots.

Seems inconsistent as bandits may go down with a single headshot.

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I haven't unlocked anything for the rifle yet as it's my least favorite of the 3 I have so far (pistol, shotgun, and AR). I would probably go for fire rate though..

The shotgun is really fun.. using that and the pistol a lot.

14. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Yap, great game...

Here is video of clearing Cliff hanger:

Secret bunker - Elon Tusk :D

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah shotgun kicks butt, especially as you can have both armor breaking shots and fire rate increase :)
    that combined with +25 % global damage boost so far (5 x weapon damage upgrade) and it one-shots almost all human sized enemies.

I might start using the pistol more too, invested some feltrite and weapon core mods to it as well. Also just got the Settler pistol but it seems to be a novelty / throwback to Rage more than anything else.

It uses same pistol ammo and based on graphs does ever so slightly more damage than Sidewinder pistol, but it can't be upgraded or modded (makes sense I guess lorewise).
    It is supposed to "make a hole" on anything it's fired at but seems meh... upgraded Sidewinder is a lot more effective I think.

Think I'll switch back to armor breaking shots for AR and experiment.
    I've unlocked the perk that allows you to switch back and forth between weapon mods of the same tier (ie. when you have to choose one or the other).

Kolt likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Joke of the week:

I shot a bandit and it feltrite

I'll get me Ranger armor...

Kolt likes this.
  17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Best looking wasteland in any of the games I've seen. Fun combat, sort of a cross between FC New Dawn and Borderlands. Love the upgrades system spread over several categories requiring many different resources or elements. Big list of vehicles, but cant find anything better than the Phoenix you get at the beginning of the game. Shallow one dimensional characters, non-immersive story, but expected for a game of this nature.

Kolt likes this.
  18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    This game's pretty good, shooting feels meaty. Graphics are a mixed bag but generally decent. More fun than I thought it would be after the lackluster reviews.

Kolt likes this.
  19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I'm waiting for the Ghosts DLC.
    Will probably start a brand new game, I really enjoyed RAGE 2. Despite it's flaws, it's a lot of fun.

20. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Got to say I am really enjoying the game. Got it on special offer, steam the other day. The attention to detail in the game is stunning. I quite liked Rage1 but they have really turned on the charm in this one. :)

Hypernaut and AsiJu like this.