Download: Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.1 driver - Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Tadeo, Jul 7, 2019.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    This was already mentioned in this thread here about 19.7.1. Personally i find it odd that amd missed 590 gpus family in .inf file.

2. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    With 19.7.1 I noticed an "AMD Log Utility Driver" in Device Manager for which drivers are not installed (Code 28). What is this utility and how do I install the missing drivers?

3. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Lots of people thought it was strange--yes, it was new to me--after wasting several days--which I've already written about in another thread somewhere. All I can think of is that between the hard launch of the Ryzen 3ks and the 5700's, some things got away from them last week. I don't think I've ever seen them do this before.

4. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
    Hi,Does latest DDU will clean and remove completely 19.7.1 driver?Tq.

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    amd has already open sourced a version of it , ( https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects/FidelityFX/ )
    I suspect It is only a matter of time.

mapnam charun likes this.
  6. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    With source code available it can be easily implemented in any shader injection tool like ReShade, SweetFX etc.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nvidia does this occasionally to, the file names are changed to have a RP on the end though.

9. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I've been plagued with system crashes with 19.7.1 drivers on my Sapphire R9 390 Nitro while gaming, especially in Rocket League that I play a lot, but I also in Redout. usually the screen goes black while audio continues for a while.

IIRC I was using 19.1.1 drivers beforehand, but I had deleted the download, so I downloaded and installed 19.5.2 about an hour ago. So far, not a single crash while playing Rocket League, with 19.7.1 the system crashes typically happened within 20mins.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I have no issues with this driver. Finished Evil Within 2, last four chapters, three hours of continius gameplay not a single crash. Also played Lol, Rage 2, Star Citizen.

My radeon settings work. 1500mhz/1.2v still stable.

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What is event viewer saying about those crashes?

12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
  13. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    I've not had any total system hangs on my Vega, though I have had some TDR's that never happened before 19.7.1. Wound up remembering that after upgrading to Win10 1903 on my dev system, I had not "re-checked" the TDR values in registry... As it ended up, these got wiped out during the feature upgrade and I was back down to the stock 2 seconds. Since re-raising the timeout value, I've not had any further happen.

Try putting something like this in a reg-file {elevation to 10 seconds}, import the contents, reboot and re-test those games:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers]
    "TdrDelay"=dword:0000000a
    "TdrDdiDelay"=dword:0000000a
    Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

-- Since the screen is going black and audio continues for a bit it's VERY LIKELY that your crashes start off as a TDR ... and then the recovery fails and Windows gives up after issuing the TDR-limit. Though IMO, check the event-logs and for dump files as Kryteq suggests too. {as these may indicate TDR's as well}

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  15. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    I use it for 2 days, in Arma 3, and it looks great.

Krteq likes this.

16. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    just upgraded from 1809 + 19.4.1 to 1903 + 19.7.1 last week

now i'm playing far cry new dawn, no issues

assetto corsa after 10 minutes or so give a complete black screen (no bsod) with fans spinning to their maximum :( anyone else can try that game?

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, Assetto Corsa (with some sort of MOD) or Assetto Corsa Competizione?

18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    assetto corsa, not competizione

19. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I play Rocket League every day and have no such issues. I'm on AMD 19.7.1, Windows 10 1809. Also, Rocket League is a DX9 title, so therefore it doesn't work with Anti-Lag so don't even bother enabling it.

20. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Had a couple of similar crashes when I reverted to 19.5.2, before I went into my PC's BIOS for the first time in years, changed a few settings (including +2 clicks of CPU voltage and increasing cpu/case fan speeds) and everything has been stable since. Will try 19.7.2 next week if system remains stable over the weekend's gaming, it's the first instability I've had with this i7 5820k and X99 Gaming 5P in owning it ~4.5 years.