Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Several Destiny 2 players who upgraded to a Ryzen 3000 series CPU are reporting that the game will not load properly. It's not clear what is causing the hiccup, though the good news is that Bungie is aware of the problem and is looking into it.

AMD's new Ryzen 3000 series CPUs landed on store shelves just yesterday. Given that it has only been a day since release, it's not clear how widespread the problem is with Destiny 2.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/bungie-is-investigating-why-destiny-2-wont-run-on-ryzen-3000-pcs/

2. Engineers at AMD don't play Destiny 2? :)

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Probably waiting for STEAM release :p

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Finding the menagerie hard to get really interested in. The menagerie itself...there is no "losing." You'll always get to the boss fight and final chest...just a matter of how long it takes. I have runes coming out my ears now. The raid mechanics are overly complicated...passing the blessed buff on and so on. Shadowkeep is the last chance am giving Destiny. I am pissed at myself for actually having paid for the Mercury expansion back then. Cannot get into the grind for Mountaintop or Recluse. The grind for the now defunct Redrick's Broadsword killed my interest in Crucible. 21% Delirium basically accomplished the same thing towards Gambit.

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Zen 2 also won't run Crysis. :mad:

6. Holocron

Holocron Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD
    Awesome game. Best sci-fi game for me.

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Btw. for making Destiny 2 to work on ryzen 3000, you need new bios for your mobo ;)

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Well the day has come.

Game is now on Steam so no more BNET.

Shadowkeep launching today, will probably buy it.

Base game going F2P and its well worth a go imo, I played through the story a few months back and had a lot of fun.

Destiny is such a weird game in the current climate. When it launched it was shunned by many, yet it has a devoted fanbase who keep playing it and coming back to it. Its a great game although far from perfect but its just sort of fallen in this weird crack where theres a lot of competition around it yet when I played it, the beautifully realised sci-fi environments got me excited and I just love the combat and gunplay.

Don't suppose anyone knows if theres any point buying Forsaken now ? When I was playing the game my plan was to go through all the now free year 1 story DLC and then buy Forsaken and go through that before Shadowkeep just to keep up with the story but now I'm kinda struggling to justify getting Forsaken and I can't even seem to be able to buy it ? So should I just go straight to SK ?

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yep, my body is ready! Although I will be continuing to play on PS4, because that’s were my clan is, but also I cannot be bothered to play with M+KB. I will be switching to PC with controller from time to time for some solo play.

As for the game, I was obsessed with D1, but D2 launch and first two DLCs were disappointing, so I dropped off. Decided to jump back in in June, when Forsaken + Season pass was 50% off and I have been enjoying myself way too much. As I have been off for more than a year, there so much new stuff to catch up with.

I’m not sure how Forsaken (or WTF it was not included in First Light) will fit the new model. Do you only need it for the story, or will you be missing adjacent content as strikes, raids, etc. I’m not sure at all how the story will work for new players at all, but I guess it will be clear very soon.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Forbes ( of all sites... ) seems to have a pretty comprehensive list of what to expect from the F2P version and I gotta say its pretty damn generous.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...n-destiny-2-new-light-its-a-lot/#4ee794bf5832

So basically the only reason one might want Forsaken is to do the story content, you still have access to the zones and the patrols, just not the story missions which imo is a bit of an odd choice for content thats basically outdated now. Think I'll just dive straight to SK as I got a suspicion that the Forsaken story missions will be made free too at some stage. Would kinda explain why you can't even buy Forsaken at present unless you find a boxed copy or go through a key selling site.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Got sick of them making it such a grind. Solstice of Heroes grind for the armor only to have it made worthless with the launch of the new season. Grind for Redricks only to see it as worthless soon after. Making one grind yet again for armor to only have a new armor 2.0 set waiting for you at launch was the straw that broke the camels back. Not even going to get started on the reskin of D1 maps and no new weapons, just newly D1 weapons ported into D2. They have lost their way and me as a player. It was fun while it lasted. Wonder what is in store once they complete the porting of D2 into D1. The fact they are buffing desperado perk is too little too late. They had better things to nerf like Whisper of the Worm...what a joke of a nerf. Ported my account over just incase they actually decide to bring back the only character that made the story palatable...Cayde.

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Can’t say I share your opinion. The game is far from perfect, but from what I’ve seen, they are really making a effort to improve it and for me, most of the changes are for the better. Also do not understand what the problem with the Solstice set is? You are getting the new version of the set when Shadowkeep launches, so the grind was not pointless! Although I would like to see that other sets too, like the Iron Banner one, that was PITA to complete…

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I'm wondering since Destiny 2 is on STEAM, could we use reshade now?

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Just bought the digital deluxe, I don't usually go for those but I'm hoping to be in it for the long haul and worked it out that I save a bit with the deluxe version instead of buying all of the seasons individually. Whether those seasons turn out to be worth the money is to be seen.

Got it a bit cheaper too from cd keys but haven't actually got the key yet as the games flagged as a pre-order. Hopefully I get it before servers go live later as I would really like to play tonight.

[EDIT] Goody, key came and its now activated. Now to just wait for the servers to come online... and then the servers buckling under pressure of all the players logging in at once :p

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just because its on steam doesn't mean the antihack and cheat implementation has changed.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    If a fireteam member owns Shadowkeep I could join the first moon mission, now I have the moon unlocked, just not the story later.. before that I couldn't access at all. :)

Also the game runs better, no stream hickups when entering new areas.

;Speaking of overlays, MSI ab is still blocked.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't mind a queue but it would be great to know the wait time...

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is a tragedy. If you have something better to do, don't bother, really. I am watching Anime, the same moment d2 servers "one moment please temporarily at capacity."
    And not only once every step, new waiting message. Ffs

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Lol seeing people in queue in the 30k range! Wtf!? Also that servers are down since 3 hours and they are working on it since... Its really a shame that some developers are unable to predict this storm over the f2p version and even the new DLC and saving in server capacities..what a joke. But its not the first time something like that happened...

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's funny how every time a big online release goes live, people are surprised that there's queues.

SpajdrEX likes this.