AMD Lowers Prices for Radeon RX 5700 NAVI Cards, 349 USD and 399 for the XT USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 5, 2019.

1. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    This is providing the current RTX cards will still be powerful enough when games start to fully utilize ray tracing. Right now there's just a handful of games using RTX and honestly i watched some videos and let's just say ray tracing is like a new born baby. It's not for now something i would call a must have at all from the videos i watched. It's cool but certainly not something i would put over high resolution and/or high fps.

Right now i'd rather have 2k @144Hz with FreeSync support. My current computer is not good enough to provide me 144fps at 2k in most of the games i play but when it's powerful enough i'll say it's a lot smoother than 60Hz. I can easily tell when the game is running at a near constant 144fps.

I highly suspect with the current RTX card you'll be stuck at 1080p40-60 once games start to fully utilize RTX and personally i don't see that as something very valuable. Personally i'm done with 1080p60 gaming so while i would like ray tracing it's not really an option for another 2-3 years i would say and at that point i'll have to replace any card i would buy now.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Ricardo likes this.
  2. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Instead of making an argument, your only response it to insult me? You are salty I understand that, however do not fall to fascistic methods or smearing to counter someone's argument. You just pull the discussion down to your own level.

3. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    The difference here is that my argument has objective statistics to back it up, while yours has nothing but opinion behind it.

It really is pointless, since you've raised points completely off topic, and even though I addressed them to you, you still somehow didn't have enough.

Who cares about any of this? Who ever said that Turing was a better architecture than NAVI? Or that RTX launch was fair? Or that one chip is bigger than the other? You seem pretty triggered by any criticism toward AMD and just pulling a bunch of guns on first sight of someone that disagrees. Chill out.

Have a nice day then, see you around.

4. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    And then they will buy the Nvidia cards anyways. :rolleyes:

5. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Really the Nvidia prices are still too high you only win if you buy AMD, THAT WAS MY POINT.

6. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    So many words and no point. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just because you can't read or comprehend doesn't mean there's no point, unlike your reply.

Fox2232 likes this.