Denuvo 6.0 has been cracked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It has been many months since Denuvo updated to v6. And during that time a lot of game publishers have been successful in securing their PC games by using the latest version of the Denuvo anti-tamper ...

Denuvo 6.0 has been cracked

386SX, GSDragoon and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Denuvo developers
    [​IMG]

mohiuddin likes this.
  3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I am both glad to hear this, and saddened by the news. Glad, because I hate garbage DRM that only hurts paying consumers. Sad, because the next version of Denuvo will likely be even more of a pig in regards to layers and resources.

Even after the Witcher 3's success with no DRM, do other developers still believe that 98% of PC gamers pirate everything?

4. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    The cracking groups seem to have had their ways of Cracking various Denuvo titles for a while now. I remember when it was first released one cracking group packed up saying it couldn't be done. Now some titles (was it Far Cry?) were cracked same day as release! They obviously now know roughly how it works, so each version is just a small bump on on the road.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, that group didn't say "it couldn't be done", they went onto hiatus to see if piracy would take a dent by having the only group capable of denuvo cracking out of the game.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Maybe Denuvo should listen to CD Project Red on their beliefs

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. kbx1

kbx1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Palit GR
    Denuvo should listen hehe? Denuvo is not a game developer, its outside company who is selling antipiracy solutions. Denuvo exist because game piracy exist. Some developers are forced by shareholder to use it, some dont. This is sad but true fact... cracking groups are to blame for denuvo in games today. As for fighting unfair companies, low quality products, very high prices etc... dont buy, dont support, use your wallet.

Order_66 likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I only just learned after looking on wiki that the creators of Denuvo were actually a part of Sony, the creators of SecuROM... I think? If I'm reading it correctly?.. That's interesting... well, I find it interesting at least.

9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  10. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Not a day too soon. I buy my games, but Denuvo is cancer. However pirates are the ones who are to blame for it.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's still beyond me how companies pay for DRM well knowing it doesn't last long at all. Pirates (and the lack of any evidence that they hurt sales in the amount companies claim) aside, Denuvo seems to be a bad product in it's own respect and field.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Aekold

Aekold Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Maybe they assume that they'll make most of their money on the initial release, and just want to make sure it's not pirated for that small window? I'm just guessing, but I could see a calculated decision for DRM in that scenario.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    would a pirated game run any better/"faster fps" or is it same?

mod please remove if this is an inappropriate question.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if it dont have said drm in it, yes especial some of there more ridiculous forms of drm. Have you see how bad DX MD load time are on hdd then vs ssd? 860 evo I have still show 40+ second load times, the HDD was well over that DRM load times would be halved. And I convinced the random huge drops in FPS i get in DX MD is do to Denuvo, almost all my game have zero such drops, but every game I have that has denuvo that does run 60 fps have those same huge drops in fps at random.

I hate the DRM race that still happen. but for most part I try to ignore it. other wise I go crazy

airbud7 likes this.

16. anthos

anthos Guest

GPU:
    -
    MK11 was released 3 months ago and is still uncracked. I am pretty sure as far as Netherealms is concerned it was worth its money.

17. Jimster480

Jimster480 Member

GPU:
    6800, 6700xt,Vega56
    As someone who knows the real creator of this original DRM software (before it was even at Sony)... I can tell you that companies pay literally CENTS for DRM and the DRM industry is always running underfunded with over-worked coders.

These companies only care about calculated risk vs reward.
    If they pay 50k for DRM and make 52k more because of it then its +2k and they don't care otherwise.

There are some companies who have paid 1.2c/copy for DRM (and yes its a $60 AAA title).

So for all you people out there hating on the DRM developers.... just remember that its their very hard job working for insanely greedy companies.
    Sony isn't even to blame here... its publishers themselves who want to pay essentially nothing.

18. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    Yes. Not all games but many does actually have frames impact on them, when Denuvo is implemented vs pirated version that runs without Denuvo with higher frames per second.
    However, the biggest problem ist the micro stutters though. That won't directly reduce frames per second, but it'll cause very short micro stutters instead, sometimes dropping the frame rates to a low amount for a second or two before going up again. This is due to Denuvo's behavior of encryption method that runs in the background causing input-lag.

Yeah, these random drops probably refer to the micro stutters. All games with Denuvo have this problem, but some people won't notice it.
    If you run Multi-GPU you're more likely to notice it, because it'll sum with the micro stutters caused by the SLI/CrossFireX mechanism.

Won't change my opinion:
    F**k DRM.

Is the same motto from CD Projekt RED company btw.

The thing I hate the most isn't just the fact they add DRM btw. It's the fact that publishers make the announcement of Denuvo implementation a few weeks prior to the game's release-date to gain advantage of people who pre-ordered that might not notice the Denuvo announcement at all. Though, in most cases there isn't even an actual "announcement", they do it mostly silently by just adding the third party terms of use to the game's store page.

Yes, clearly f**k DRM.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  19. Unreal--

Unreal-- Member

GPU:
    gtx1050ti
    quality and respect
    that's what a gamer want.
    and 'CDPR' is all about that.
    that proved it by witcher 3
    and they will do ones again by cyberpunk.

20. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, but when it comes to real numbers they really donĀ“t know if it was worth the money. Denuvo and pro-denuvo publishers could easily provide numbers to support their case, show us how you are selling so much more now on PC, how now your day 1 sales are so much better, or how your sales tend to take a dive after the crack gets out... but they got nothing that helps their narrative, so they stick to the narrative, to the fallacious wishful thinking.