Red Dead 2 for PC shows in Rockstar Social club Source code lol

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 4, 2019.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup they'll do whatever makes them the most money and stretches out the hype as much as possible. Dunno how it will be though. Next gen consoles are expected to have BC after all. I guess people may end up paying for a patch? lol.

How's RDR online doing these days? Still a dud?

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm a believer and I'm sure Rock* haven't forgotten the huge success that GTA V became on PC.

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    As someone who played it to death on PS4 i have to say i'm lookin forward to it coming to pc.

I just can't play with 30fps anymore, it makes my eyes bleed. With racing games it's not so bad but with shooters it alll gets blurry once you turn around.
    Also RDR2 suffers from a control delay of what felt like 1 sec between you pressing the trigger and then see Arthur shoot his gun on screen. That made combat really awkward.

If the PC version gets these things fixed then i'm all for it. Not for online, just SP and maybe SP mods later. There must be some crazy modders out there who can bring all the original RDR missions into RDR2. Now that would be something.

Oh, and i'm not naive btw. IF RDR2 comes to PC it's all about TakeTwo's Zelnick wanting a higher bonus because of microtransactions:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6562...es-based-microtransaction-earnings/index.html

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yep. That's why we can't have nice things anymore. Like ... SP DLC for GTA.

0blivious, cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Wow that really is a stretch.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sounds very plausible. GTA V was released for the PS4 and Xbox One before it came out on PC. Red Dead Redemption 2 may be released in "enhanced" form for PS5 and Xbox Scarlet before it comes to PC. If that is true then we could be waiting 18 months or more for a PC port which is not great.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    They probably left that line to let us speculate and give us a sense of... accomplishment. :D

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. I must admit, seeing how the game follows suit with GTA5 (ie. focus is put on the online aspect and singleplayer is more or less done) has mostly numbed much of my interest for this game. If it was to come out, it would be a sale-only purchase.

11. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I found GTA V kinda boring so I don't particularly care when this comes to PC. However, I would guess that Rockstar just want to release it together with the remastered version for the new consoles. This way they'll again sell the same game three times.