Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Heck you can't even smoke a cigarette anymore outside of the bar/café or restaurant, buss & train station or most other public places in my country as of July 1st 2019.

I don't smoke myself, but my friends don't like it and are affected by it. I can't tell you how stupid it is to always have the nanny state telling you how to live and what not to do.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    My country (Canada) recently legalized marijuana. About damn time if you ask me - it was stupid how dangerous drugs like alcohol and tobacco were legal while a far less dangerous drug like marijuana wasn't.

In general, I'm for the decriminalizing most (if not all) drugs. Keeping drugs illegal does not prevent them from being available (it just hands over control to the black market) and it makes dangerous drugs even more dangerous - there is no guarantee of purity or dosage when you buy illegal drugs so the chances of overdosing or being poisoned is high. IMO, they should decriminalize and regulate all drugs and treat drug usage and possession as a social problem rather than a criminal one.

One of the things that strike me is our attitude towards drugs. If someone takes an illegal drug and starts slurring their speech and throwing up then it would be considered a medical emergency. And yet, when someone drinks too much alcohol and does the same we point and laugh (we even make comedic movies about it - e.g., The Hangover). We heavily promote and encourage alcohol consumption while labeling marijuana as a "gateway drug". The inconsistency is just baffling.

That's because of the harm it does to others. A person choosing to breath in a known carcinogen into their own body is one thing, forcing others to breath it in by smoking in a public area is another.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    I'm AGAINST{my opinion}.......as :

No one "consume" "consumption" that are against a SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION era.

********[Sustainable Consumption : promoting resource and energy efficiency, sustainable infrastructure, and providing access to basic services, green and decent jobs and a better quality of life for all. Its implementation helps to achieve overall development plans, reduce future economic, environmental and social costs, strengthen economic competitiveness and reduce poverty.]
    --------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    illegal? It's legal in 11 states, what's your reasoning on your anger there?

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Sorry, I was specifically referring to people who live in places where it is not, although, prior to it becoming legal in the 11, those 11 states would have probably housed some of those who fall under this example.

Serotonin likes this.
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I think weed smokers are the main problem in society, they commit the most crimes, are the most violent, cost the most in medical care, kill the most people while driving under the influence, extremely high numbers die every year from it

Oh wait... no, that's alcohol, the legal one

Dragondale13, alanm, D3M1G0D and 4 others like this.
  7. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    :D

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    +1 :D

fantaskarsef and Extraordinary like this.
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yeah, as an ex-smoker I totally support this. Once I quit smoking I realized just how obnoxious public smoking is to others. Especially around food.
    It would be great if we didn't have to make laws on this issue, but fact is there's a large portion of the public that don't give one crap about their affect on other people.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    big ROBOT bill likes this.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    whenever I smoke weed I get some great ideas
    All in one Cooler/BBQ Grill
    [​IMG]
    Iron Man!
    [​IMG]

Hot Tub!
    [​IMG]

:D

12. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
  13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  14. Oh my, how'd I miss this thread. My thoughts... heck I've been blazin' for as long as I could. Popped out with a lighter in one hand, blunt in the other... half scared the nurse to death...

Federally decriminalize it.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Bought a one hitter and a couple grams of Presidential from my friendly, neighborhood dispensary a few hours ago.

Oooooklahoma!!!

airbud7 likes this.
  16. Been on a hash kick lately.

airbud7 likes this.