ASRock Officially Launches X570 Series Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASRock officially announces the launch of the new AMD X570 motherboard series. ASRock's X570 boards get the next generation PCIe 4.0 interface and from the newest, most powerful AM4 processors, inclu...

ASRock Officially Launches X570 Series Motherboards

sverek and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I have feeling motherboards becoming a fashion show. Ownership pride and accomplishment intensifies.

It's not that someone might need, but rather just want. Same with cars.

fredgml7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Its called marketing.
    How else shall they differentiate a product that's exactly the same with only minor differences?
    Appearance and few gimmicks on top.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Maybe the customers don't need 5 marginally different mainboards plus 3 really different ones but only 5 mainboards in total... that could actually save production costs, I imagine, as well as marketing.
    But you're probably right, somebody's bound to ask "why is there only five mainboards?!"

5. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    I just want to thanks ASRock for keep adding a TOSLINK interface in their ITX motherboards. I like to use this for Hi-Fi dac+amp+open headphones (basically to decouple my DAC from the source of sound)

But now they pushed all the motherboards in their website, without the ITX version.

I'm getting the B450 ITX from ASrock (135€), I don't think the new X570 ITX will be less than 200€.
    For a 3700X should be fine.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    sverek and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    Question: Why the new X570 are updated to AMD AGESA Combo_AM4 PI 1.0.0.3 and the old motherboards to 1.0.0.1?

This is because .3 is an specific variant for X570 or because they are being lazy to update to the latest version?

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'm not seeing the X570 ITX on the ASRock site yet. The other X570's seem to be up though.

edit : Also, the VRM looks pretty bad on the Asrock B450 ITX, as per this doc :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZnKCjaXyzd1o/htmlview?sle=true#gid=2112472504

Not sure how it works out in real life though. Would have to find review with a 2700/X tested.

8. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    I agree. And I believe it's all the same on almost all consumer products. I don't consider it necessarily a problem if people had discernment, but people usually go with the flow.

9. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    For 3900X with OC it would be limited. But for 3700X with OC or 3800X without OC should be fine.

10. Biffo

Biffo Active Member

GPU:
    ati
    Can the RGB effects be turned off?

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Yes, like other motherboards :) Same on RGB memory. Atleast on g.skill.

12. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    New BIOS for x370/x470 Taichi is up and guess what? No support for Ryzen 3900X. :S
    Looks like you will be able to use top Ryzens with x570 motherboards only. FK you ASROCK!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Who upgrading the cpu only anyway. Most people selling old cpu+MB, and buying new cpu and MB.

14. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
  15. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    I'm buying new CPU only as many others, why should I change motherboard when I got a top tier one at that time? Next upgrade will be with AM5.
    Well I just noticed it, as I flashed to this new BIOS and as you mention it's only assumption as this list on their web page doesn't include support for 3900X . And I wanna buy it tomorrow but now I'm confused.

16. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t

So what are you doing with the old cpu? Throwing it in the garbage? It's a harder sell without an MB ;)

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Edit: <Message that could almost feel like an insult while having best wishes in mind.>

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Can we act like adults here?

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This comment is really confusing, as i sell CPUs, even without heatsinks, easily, all the time....

In fact i tried to sell a motherboard and CPU combo with heatsink a couple of times, and that was difficult. Not only did i get less money then if i had parted it out, it took longer for people to be interested in it, as people are generally looking specific components to match the components they have or want.

People only look at combos, motherboard+cpu+heatsink, when they are looking to get a deal.......

After i have done this multiple times, i will never sell a combo unit again, i can sell individual units for more overall, and faster.

This honestly just sounds like some Intel PR nonsense to convince people as to why they force you to buy a new motherboard all the time.

thesebastian, Biały Wilk and Fox2232 like this.
  20. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Taichi is disappointing. Expensive, yet one LAN adapter, which is just gigabit. It should have been had second LAN adapter, at least 2.5 Gbit Realtek RTL8125.