AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review with benchmarks leaks out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Lying ? No, just funny. When its convenient its not OK to have a 9900K cuz "you don't need it, 2700x is plenty for gaming at higher resolutions " but when their company releases a new marginally better CPU its ok to upgrade to it for whatever higher cost - for gaming.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    This thread turned into those cancerous Wccftech comment sections. Ridiculous fanboyism!

carnivore, airbud7, barbacot and 2 others like this.
  3. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    All i'm saying is it all seems like double standards when it comes to people's favorite company...

ps: And trust me, if Intel releases a new marginally faster CPU and its slower in gaming compared to AMD - I am moving to AMD ! But that's just me, it doesn't mean anything.

4. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Like I said, it's useful for synthetic purposes - much like Cinebench or CPU-Z. Take from that what you will.

At any rate, considering that Ryzen won the majority of the game tests on minimums, I'm cool with including 720p results (not that many reviewers would do it). No need to fret about those games that heavily favor Intel anyways. ;)

mohiuddin and Aura89 like this.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Alright i'll come at this a different way, mmkay?

I'll talk to you like an adult, i'll ask you some very simply questions on your purpose here. I don't expect you to read all this or answer due to the fact your post history and mentality doesn't give me high hopes.

So, why are you here? What is your purpose? What's the point of your posts? I'm not a sports person, but i think anyone can answer this question even if they aren't a sports person: Would you go into a verified Seahawks bar, as a patriots fan, or simply anyone, doesn't even have to be a fan, just someone, and go "Seahawks sucks! Patriots is where it's at!"? If you don't understand why seahawks or patriots, replace them with sports teams you do, or just figure any sports teams.

Here i'll give you some examples of your posts:

Here's a post, literally posted for no reason. So why? What examples does it give that is a "good" example of ryzen vs intel? "Good" is objective, and there's nothing good there, it's an outlier that isn't AMDs fault but the developers. So why? What was the purpose of this? How does it improve upon the thread? It doesn't even relate with the post your replied to other then someone else trying to, for also no reason, harp on AMD. It talks about a first gen ryzen, and that somehow has to do with zen 2? There's no logic here, so why?

Purpose here? Point? You're taking things out of context in the same way these 720p does, as both results are unrealistic. What prompted this comment? There's factual information about intels securities, yet you make fun of them? Do you not like facts? Not a single place has stated you can't stream without intel, so again, where does this come from? What is the purpose? What is the point?

You were in an intel forum for this one, yet you again bring up...stuff? This quote by schmidtbag i think sums this one up pretty well in direct reply to you

"I don't see anyone here being mad at Intel for lowering their prices.
    Y'know a real sign of hardcore fanboyism? Completely making stuff up that never happened."

But, same question, why? What was the purpose? Where did your "information" come from, since no one else can find it but you? Did it have to do with that thread at all considering the fact that no one else can find the information? What is the point of this post?

The most logical of people can see that unreleased pricing across however many X570 boards can't be commented on, but you did, didn't you? Made some assumption based off of leaked info about one, yes, i said one, manufacturer, and was stated before the updated info about pricing, which according to the leak puts the cheapest one at $225, which really isn't bad at all. It's not cheap cheap, but, it's not low-end chipset either. But again even the most logical of people can see what there are multiple motherboards to choose from, not just x570. So what's the purpose? What's the point? Where's the facts?

So people worried about the intel vulnerabilities as well as worried about the inevitably high price are automatically labeled as AMD fanboys, and accused of attacking? People wanting new, with hardware mitigated security fixes, intel CPUs.....are AMD fanboys? And then you attack a limited edition CPU not trying to be anything but that includes additional, limited edition products and features, that's the exact same price as it's non-limited edition? Really what there is there to even attack? Are you jealous that Intel doesn't create limited editions of their CPUs with extra products for the same price as well? I honestly don't understand

Honestly, Fox2232's comment is pretty well suited for this one:

"1st, AMD released 50th anniversary edition, nothing special about it. (It is celebration edition which includes IHS with Lisa's signature, T-Shirt, 2 special edition games and some other nice things. But CPU is same.)
    2nd, i9-9900K costs double of regular 2700X and almost double of 2700X 50th anniversary.
    3rd, i9-9900KS is unlikely to improve this price difference.
    4th, at price of i9-9900KS, people will consider getting even Ryzen 9 3950XZ"

So what was the purpose of intentionally trying to attack "AMD fanboys" from a situation of peoples valid concerns? As well as bring up the same-priced limited edition CPU as though it was even remotely the same as a binned CPU that cost more out of box? Where's the logic? What's the purpose?

Now, i could go on and on and on, include more and more posts that you wrote, that you did. But that would go on forever. I feel the point has been made as to what is being asked of you.

A fanboy of sports team, they go around telling everyone who is not a fan of their sports team how amazing their sports team is. They go into forums of opposing teams, they interrupt conversations about opposing teams, heck some of them are stupid enough to go to a bar of opposing teams, and just needlessly destroy the whole conversation and topics that were going on to make everyone look at them and whatever nonsense they are talking about in regards to how much better their team is.

A religios fanatic nubjob, they go around telling others how stupid they are for not following their idols, they insult people, and any time anything is brought up about a religion they aren't following that is good, they steer the conversation away, remind them of something their religion was not good with, or tell them how their religion they are trying to promote is better. They attack, berate, and try and show superiority due to the fact they are following the correct religion.

An employee, when allowed, sometimes even when not allowed, goes around trying to remind people of what their competitors do not do well at, and what their product excels at. Many times they they stretch the truth, if not all-out lie. They create propaganda, or make it seem like one-offs are the thing to worry about. They downplay any issues with their products, while blowing up the smallest, tiniest issues in their competitors products.

A paid shill, does everything the employee does, but generally worse. They don't "work" for the company so if they get found out who they are, there's generally nothing "tying" them to it.

So, you claim that you do not work for Intel, you claim you are not paid by Intel, you claim to not be a fanboy of intel and you claim you are not part of some Intel cult. Yet, you have the characteristics of all of them.

Hence the questions: Why are you here, what is your purpose for going into threads and posting irrelevant information or flame-baiting? What is the point of you constantly coming into threads just to bring up this irrelevant information? What is your purpose?

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have not seen people wanting to upgrade a 2700x to a 3000 series for gaming. I have seen people wanting to upgrade, sure, but not for gaming, specifically at high resolution. But your comments leave out the cost factor. Many people who say the 2700x is good enough gaming for high resolution, are saying that in regards to cost, as they do not see the additional cost with the limited FPS bonus worth it. If someone doesn't agree, that's fine, but that's their opinion from a cost perspective. Now ryzen 3000 series is coming out, and people want to upgrade for additional, non-gaming performance, where they can sell their previous CPU, recoup the cost, and have a better overall system performance. That doesn't mean these same people are not going to be interested to see how far AMD has come in lower-resolution performances, or even higher ones they use, it's still information to be had.

To me it just seems like you are wanting to fault people for wanting to upgrade. If someone had an 8600k, or 7500k, and felt those were good buys at the same compared to higher-end CPUs within intel, justified it with those very reasonings, even though they could have went higher end with higher FPS in games, and spent more, should they be judged because now they are looking at a 9900k, an expensive, but quite a bit better of a CPU then they currently have, all because previously they chose to not get the highest end of their generation?

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. No matter who you are, your decisions come down to costs to performance, and upgrades are always going to be a thing. What someones decision makes one time does not mean that'll be their next decision and does not mean they are not allowed to upgrade in fear of someone saying "Well your previous decision seems invalid then"

7. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    What am i suppose to answer to that ? Do you want me to try and convince you, really ??? I'm sorry but you sir WIN, and i lose. :D

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What you are seeing to make you post what you posted? I feel like that was a fairly simply request. I mean sure i didn't say "so show me" but if you are seeing what you're seeing, then show it?

I mean if you post something based off of what you have seen it should be expected that you can back it up, otherwise i'm confused as to why you are surprised people are questioning your post.

You don't have to "show your work" if you don't want to, just don't expect that people will not question you if you make statements as you have. That shouldn't be unreasonable.

Venix and 0blivious like this.
  9. zorandesign

zorandesign Member

GPU:
    MSI NX7600GT
    2 questions:

1.Why is 9900K tested with slow(er) memory
    2.Why are games tested 720p? Who plays on that resolution?

10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Aura, at some point, I think that's what the "ignore" button is for. But I lack your passion. :)

fry178 and bballfreak6 like this.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Oh i use it, more recently then ever :)

0blivious likes this.
  12. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    That's the memory speed Intel officially lists as highest supported so that's why they review it this way. I know, its bullshit but technically that's how it is.

Lower resolutions are more CPU dependent since the GPU is not working as hard. GPUs become a bottleneck at higher resolutions. For example, a GTX 1080 TI at a 4K resolution will make the same FPS with most average to high end CPUs - either AMD or Intel.

carnivore and angelgraves13 like this.
  13. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Pretty much it. The way I see it if they are paid shills they're not going to change their stance because of logic. Similarly if they are irrational fanatics they are also not going to change their stance because of logic. Though all this make for some comedic reading :D.

I will say, as someone whose last and current rigs were Intel, I am excited to finally see some real competition brought on by AMD. Pending on upcoming official benchmarks my new build will most likely be one of the Ryzen 3000 variants particularly if what's been shown up to this point is any indication of how good these new chips are going to be.

0blivious likes this.
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    1 - It likely makes literally 0 difference in those game results, as opposed to Ryzen which uses an interconnect ("Infinity Fabric") that directly relies on RAM speed. Zen 2's Infinity Fabric apparently runs at a 1:1 ratio with the RAM up until 3700MHz IIRC. You would get even better results on Zen with faster than 3200MHz RAM, while not gaining a single frame on the Intel system.

2 - The dumb theory that it needs to be tested that way to keep the bottleneck as the CPU. The problem with this is... it's a test result that applies to nothing in the real world. 720p monitors haven't been a thing for an eternity. Results like this DO NOT always scale linearly. So it's not like it can just be extrapolated for higher resolutions. Intel loves this sort of marketing, they'd rather not have people see the 4K results which they oddly lose in.

15. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    2667 MHz memory is stocxk for 9900k and 3200 MHz is recommended default for Ryzen 3xxx (3733 MHz is sweet-spot for Ryzen though, to keep ram speed at 1:1 with infinity fabric speed - some say it can do 4000 MHz at 1:1)
    720p is to show synthetic speed of CPU so there is no GPU bottleneck. - even though Intel disclaim synthetic tests aka Cinebench.

16. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    There will be 1080p reviews in a few days. If i'm not mistaken, that's the most popular resolution. We'll find out soon enough :D

17. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I'm not the one writing a novel and wasting my time defending a company that needs no defending. You are, my friend. Its okay if AMD is second place, life goes on.

TurboMan likes this.
  18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Awww you did exactly what i expected from you. Thank you for proving my point, its much appreciated.

fry178 likes this.
  19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    You were not here for 4.5 billion years.
    You will live for maybe 80 years.
    Then you will never exist again.
    Yet you are willing to spend time arguing over something so irrelevant.

20. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I find it pretty ironic that we have to keep lowering the graphics bar to “expose” Ryzen 3000 as infinitely “inferior” yet the results on a non standard test resolution are closer than any chip since The good ol A64 days. There’s probably other issues going on like the lack of good chipset drivers and who knows what else if that review is to be taken seriously.

fry178, carnivore, Aura89 and 3 others like this.