AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review with benchmarks leaks out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So, Zen2 closed maximal gap in between Zen+ and intel's best by 50% in worst case scenario... but being bit faster in best case scenario.
    Taking 9900K as reference, Zen2 is ranging from 15% slower to 2% faster in this scenario where GPU is not limiting factor.

For 1080p with meaningful game details, there shall be no more KING this or that arguments.
    Posted by
    u/Ray_Banci
    4 years ago

Don't be fool by posting some old stuff from times before Zen/RDNA.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Please enough with this nm! Everybody here talks in nm like it is something that you can touch or see or brag about it. I don't care if it is micrometers instead of nanometers if the performance is great!
    From these benchmarks right now intel is still the best for gaming and that's it.
    But the price perfomance ratio how is it???
    Is it any difference in performance between a x570 and x470 motherboard? and immediately below
    Is it worth it to buy a very expensive x570 motherboard???

Witcher29 and EDK-Rise like this.
  3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Maybe on the 4000 series they will have to start benching on 480p to find some differences!

carnivore and fry178 like this.
  4. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Fanboy toxicity already hitting critical levels, abort abort

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Though i don't believe in saying "intel is dead" like the guy you quoted, there's few....completely bonkers things you just posted.

For one, i mean...like..wow, really? reallllly? You posted a 4 year old reddit based off of Z-score information that is pretty much just a guessing game. Sure, there's some "information" it uses but it's not even remotely accurate.

But, it's 4 years old.... it's talking about it's pretty much just before rising back up with ryzen z-score of 0.29.

Want to know what AMDs is currently? 6.31

Want to know what Intels is currently? 4.09

Higher is better.

Does this mean Intel has a higher likelihood of going out of business then AMD, today? If you believe in that stuff, which since you posted about it implies you do, then apparently, Intel is going out of business man! Dang!

And no, your 5930 can't beat a 3900x not even remotely. If you overclock the CPU, sure, you could, MAYBE, do better in some games, at nonsensical settings. But, you can't compare OC to non-OC, so then you'd have to compare OC'd 5930 to OC'd 3900x. Sorry but, no. No realm of reality supports your.......ideas? Can we even classify this whole post as even remotely an idea? Seems to me it's just an intel employee spewing nonsense again....

Man, poor poor Intel, that z-score, almost half of what AMDs is, poor poor Intel....at least, you must be saying and feeling that way right now if you're going to throw that BS of a 4 year old article in this discussion. I'm sure you're not, since you're an Intel employee throwing out BS to protect your company.

DW75, Mesab67, fry178 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
  7. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    right now it would be crazy to buy an intel cpu that isnt the 9900k or at least 8700k if its strictly for high fps gaming, and even then ryzen seems to have gotten 99% of the way there, and then some(12-16c)

i think it is fair to say intel is now selling on brand name alone, that inertia can only last so long, i just hope they dont throw another conroe at AMD and AMD makes a sad pikachu face again

HitokiriX and signex like this.
  8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Yet all those cpus will happily do 240+++ fps on cs go , lol and all those eSports where the most extreme gsync monitors cap out we are talking about less than 4msec between each frame adding 100 fps will reduce this leas than 1msec and the higher the fps the more the returns deminish.
    Assuming there is a point going over the monitors refresh rate and this 1msec actually makes a difference and somehow you can react to things you did not see yet .... Even if you are some kind of superhuman after some point it just does not matter . Except if i am mistaken and this less than 1msec (and i am very generous with that) will take off your bronze league and get you into the double diamond noob smasher league !..... doubt that.

9. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    ryzen running with 3200mhz memory vs intel running with 2667mhz memory, don´t look a good comparison

Strange Times likes this.
  10. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Actually, 640x480 would be the best resolution for taking the GPU out of the equation to test the cpu independently--and 1280x720 seems really oddball to me. But why not 1920x1080 & up?--that's the res (1080P) AMD demoed because it is overwhelmingly the most-used resolution for gaming today. So, guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to start seeing some complete tests excluding the "leaked" mess we've seen so far--1280x720 was a resolution used commonly in games ~12 years ago, maybe....;) Nobody will use it today, of course. As far as we know now--this "leaked" stuff is not only extremely incomplete, but it also could have been something done months back on Ryzen 3 engineering samples--or it could be 100% fake--in two days we'll know if it's real or utterly fake. What is the status of the mboard used--it's bios, etc.

No kidding...if I had a nickel for every time I've heard "AMD is doomed" since 1999, well, I'd be a lot better off financially....;)

What's supremely obvious here is that the leaker, whomever he is, is only interested in painting the most negative picture of Ryzen 3k he could find/create/invent, etc....! It's so anti-Ryzen 3k it's almost funny...well, it is funny...;) Anything to rain on AMD's parade at this point. Such panic is highly amusing to observe--I can almost feel sorry for the leaker, whomever he is, as he appears to have a vested interest in making Ryzen 3k look as bad as he can.

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Even after the official reviews there will be biased people, always the same thing all over again.
    Some people are willing to be blind, even if they have eyes. Closing your eyes and identifying yourself as blind is stupid IMHO.
    We will see, we will measures, and no company is "dead".
    Each company have their pros and cons and everyone should use reason and logic when buy something.
    X company releases a "killer" the other company is "dead" sounds childish at some point.
    C'mon lads, let's act like gentlemen here, GURU3D forums have readers worldwide.This is the quality content you want to show to the world ?
    I know you can do better.
    Make it so!

[​IMG]

HandR, norton and Mesab67 like this.
  12. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I think your the one who needs to wake up lol- Intel is getting there asses handed to them on almost every front- you wear glasses or something? If so please clean them off or something,Dude.

fry178 likes this.
  13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    It's too late, just follow this guy, he came prepared:

Goiur, airbud7 and Mesab67 like this.
  14. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    What??? Troll much? lol
    You might also find that that link is 4 years old! AMD have done a lot since then!

15. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Lol when i see ppl holding on to a 1% difference-straw, with a cpu/eco system thats at least going to be 10% more expensive.

A golf gti needs about 300hp to do 150mph.
    A porsche(or similar super sports car) needs +500hp
    to do 200mph.
    The golf is 40k, the others +100k.
    So are they faster than the golf? Yes, 1.3x, while costing 2x more.
    Same with intel, except im (like many others) are not stupid enough to throw money at intel to get a 1 or 2% higher fps.

Mesab67 likes this.

16. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    This reddit thread contains some more info on this leak: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/c9h2v9/psa_from_the_leaked_german_review_amd_3000_series/

As posted by u/Ex1v0r:

signex likes this.
  17. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Those 65W TDP become more sexually charming day by day, leak by leak..

fry178 likes this.
  18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Please not again another "new" 911.. [cit]

19. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Read that as iced cake. Need cake. Anyway, yeah that bench using slow ram with intel, seems legit...

-Tj- and Strange Times like this.
  20. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    signex likes this.