Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Just started playing the game, it almost passed me by.
    I love it. Its way better than Human evolution.
    Sadly the phone app feature has now expired, so missed that lols . Lols a game with a phone app.
    For some strange reason the final version would not run properly until I re installed my drivers?
    All good now and game on.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Deus Ex is one of my favourite franchises and this one Mankind Divided is great, definitely worth to play and I played this game probably finished three times and still think is one awesome game

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, having upgraded to a 1070 Ti, I've been going back to certain titles and replaying some games I've really loved... but may have to sacrifice visuals in liue or performance.
    So, I've started a new game in Mandkind Divided... and damn.

Being able to crank it up to Ultra settings and hold a solid 60fps. This game's texture work is really fantastic, and the game itself really does look incredible.

4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I can finally play this game at 8X MSAA with everything maxed and not have it be a slide show in almost every area. It's not like 60 fps of the previous post, but I think that poster didn't have it at 8X MSAA. Maybe he used 4X MSAA or selected a different aa.

So with a 2080 Ti or higher card using 8X MSAA in the in game menu & the rest maxed you can get 20 - 30 fps and sometimes higher. But as I implied above it can still be stuttering in a few places which puts it below 20 fps. 8X MSAA is known for doing that to the most powerful vid cards in non sli. There's a jump in image quality from 4X MSAA to 8X MSAA imho. So much better contrast and vividness to me.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    After applying two times stronger anti-aliasing you perceive better contrast and vividness? Sounds like a joke.

Solfaur likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Suppose shimmering and what not could be affected but the MSAA should only hit 3D geometry unless additional driver override flags are used, personally I'd just sample it all with a 33% to 100% whatever performance trade-off is acceptable level of downsampling and then throw off the sharpening effect in the process and maybe use ReShade to set a custom sharpening shader that is customizable not just 200% sharp as sh..arp. :p

Negative LOD and some other tweaks via DSR and also AMD VSR should also help quality slightly, Gaussian effect in NVIDIA DSR at some lower level might trade non-perfect scaling ratios and blurriness in a nice match.
    Ideally I believe you want double width and height but at 1920x1080 that's 3840x2160 and that needs a strong GPU, 2080Ti ought to be able to drive it though possibly even beyond that though 2560x1440 is 5120x2880 and that is going to need some GPU power and the game being coded well also helps with leakage and memory build up and what not. But it's not strictly required even if it's "ideal" and other selections work too. :)

Telling the framerate to jump off a cliff and going up to 7680x4320 is also nice but yeah it's going to require ALL the memory probably and also hitch and maybe even hit below 30 FPS at some instances, Prague has some fun parts in the game that can be quite demanding. :D

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I am about 6 hours in the game and I am starting to like it.

Got a question maybe someone can give me some advice.
    I checked out one of my steam profiles and I own a number of Dues Ex games which I never even started.
    Should I stop playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided before I get to far and start playing one of these other ones first.
    Thanks for any advice or suggestions

Deus Ex: Game of the year edition
    Deus Ex: Invisible war
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution-The Missing Link
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution-The Director Cut

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Mankind Divided continues from Human Revolution but it's not a direct sequel per se, except for the overarching "big picture".

You'll get a better understanding of Adam and related characters if you play HR first and you should definitely play HR (the Director's Cut as you have it) but if you want to keep playing MD that's fine I think.

As far as I know both of these newer Deus Ex games are prequels to first Deus Ex chronologically.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @gerardfraser

I agree with AsiJu. But I would recommend to play HR (The Director Cut) first.

jura11 and Kolt like this.
  10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks for the replies,I will play the Deus Ex: Human Revolution-The Director Cut.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Director's Cut isn't bad merging in the base game plus DLC with a few enhancements (You regenerate two batteries I believe instead of one allowing for more use of powers without running around with pocket batteries heh.) but...
    It is based on a older version and lacks many of Nixxes enhancements for Deus Ex Human Revolution such as the higher quality post-process effects and worse the various fixed bugs resurfacing and introduction of new ones, save often!
    (Many were reported, some responses early on and then silence and nothing though I think two patches were released though one also broke a few things although a couple are just visual glitches.)

Depending on preference the yellow tone map and gold tinge is also toned down for a whiter more neutral look, not as bright white as ENB but it does change the aesthetics a bit instead of the predominantly black and gold look the game ran with originally. Again just visually and the gameplay bugs and issues are worse, there's a list on the Steam forums with the last status of fixed and reported but ultimately never fixed issues.

EDIT: Essentially it's ported by a separate studio again running on I think it's the modified code in the WiiU port which would have been ported from the original console version thus lacking the PC bits from Nixxes build and any of their own fixes and extras, from memory. It's been a few years. :D
    (Not sure it was verified but also rumored to be the unpatched 1.0 version of the code thus why some bugs got re-introduced again and then some were fixed and much else left unfixed.)

But again as a gamer of the 1990's the usual applies, save often, use multiple slots.
    It usually works though you could lose some progression but that and the auto saves should hopefully minimize frustration and at least allow smooth completion the main story bits of the game.
    (Oh yeah they rebalanced the boss fights a bit too.)

EDIT: Found it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/

Might contain spoilers for in-game missions and such.

Ah too long to quote in entirety.

162 in total though several of the 160 points are fairly minor though it's good to have info about it. :)
    (160 of 162 since the other two are WiiU exclusive features.)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Solfaur likes this.
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I played both - original HR and Director`s Cut (many times), and there were no glitches. And many items in that list marked as Solved (SAE).

But at mine rig this game suffered from micro-stuttering (again - both versions) which was solved by timer resolution tweak.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah several of these are minor enough that they are easy to miss and a few are patched or were answered by Eidos and others also marked as solved in a upcoming patch but it was never released.
    Texture glitches and such are the easiest to compare against, rotated ceiling textures and such in a few rooms but again it's minimal and doesn't impact gameplay.

I played it through too when it came out without any major issues though yes there were micro stuttering and framerate dips on occasion.

EDIT: As to how minor well aside from outright script breakage which should be incredibly rare most players will likely not notice some of these at all like a certain sight being off-center when aiming or certain effects not holding up to the PC version original without a side by side comparison or video showing it off so it's a useful reference but many of these are also minimal and it's not like other games don't have similar problems many of which are also never fixed or even acknowledged at all.

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks for the tips and great reply as per usual and amazes me how you play and remember all that stuff about the games.

Well I am a slow ass player and been gaming since the Atari came out and save all the time.

Long list there but I am never worried about bugs in any games because frankly I would not be able to tell what a bug is or not unless I can not get any progress.

Well now I am going to try both HR and HRDC with a custom reshade for the first couple hours and see which version I like.

Reshade by OVNI - based on LumaSharpen by Christian - Good reshade to keep original style and no need for MSAA in the game.

- Extremely lightweight (less than one/two FPS lost )
    - Sharpens using depth test to avoid generating aliasing
    - Static DoF
    - Foliage antialising

Anyone want to try here is ini + Shader+Texture
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQQ8vRJ3dTihyOL93_ZlGsfnYQF4EXQi/view?usp=sharing

jura11 and AsiJu like this.
  15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Lots of free time and looking up and trying to keep a decent long-term memory but it isn't without fault. :)

Short term and more detailed isn't quite as good though so yeah I remembered knowing there were issues of varying severity but a quick look and it's mostly minor things, it should be fine for a playthrough and I mean the way Gaming As A Service is a thing these days and release schedules and fixed deadlines it's not as if bugs were some early thing although patches could be a hassle before digital and Steam and others made it far more streamlined. :D
    (Not without it's problems though, digital only and a timed license and then it's going to be tough to get a copy if it's ever pulled for one thing which I believe goes for the Missing Link DLC itself for the base game by now.)

EDIT: Well that's nothing new or different really I guess, looking back and seeing games and how your mind portrays and recalls and then looking at an actual screenshot and what's these pixelated things?

Gameplay itself can still hold up really well though, it might have aged but Deus Ex 1 is still a pretty solid game in it's own right even if it can feel a bit clunky and the visuals have certianly aged a bit. :D

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I was in shock when I stumbled upon this

The amount of variables in that game is insane. After I played it I discovered that I could save Paul (brother) - shock again.

There is a mod for the first DeusEx but it only deals with the visuals, while leaving awkward mechanics.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yep, a lot of variables and consequences and choice that the player can work with or against certain factions which also exists in Deus Ex Invisible War. Some cuts but ultimately a lot of things came together really well and many of the situations have varying outcomes and leaves some longer lasting effects on the current playthrough even if some things are set. :)

Lots of secrets and little alternate paths too, Human Revolution and Mankind Divided would also build upon this both for the missions themselves but also the hub with Prague in Mankind Divided being quite layered and what at first might seem inaccessible usually has one or two ways there though snooping around also has consequences of it's own. For what Square-Enix allowed the developers to do and the time and budget I think they did pretty well although the expected sales forecast and certain meddling is also a thing though I would hope to see the story continue at some point but who knows in what form and what Square actually has planned for some of their Western studio acquisition and licenses (Such as Eidos.) though I would imagine that the big issues are now in Just Cause and how the fourth game probably underperformed pretty heavily.

18. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The devs for Cyperpunk recently said that Deus Ex in an inspiration, things like that should get EIDOS to understand that there is an interest in a continuation of the story, as it is very competently done.
    Leave out the micro transactions and the bad reviews should vanish, but who knows, people are not that rational really.

mbk1969 likes this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    omg, this is hilarious :D

20. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Second playthrough, CA-4 on full auto is making the game. :)

Stone Gargoyle likes this.