Radeon RX 5700 series review leaks out at Polish website

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. omagic

omagic Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080
    ooops, seems it went live too early ;)

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    If this leak is accurate, AMD may need to tweak the price a bit

Ricardo, OnnA and Kaarme like this.
  4. omagic

omagic Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080
    The site(if this wasnt some hack work) is pretty reliable. Probably it went live by mistake.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have seen 1080p results. In games where RTX 2070 pulls ahead of Radeon VII, 5700 XT does exceptionally well. (Except it is not exception.)
    Actually it does very well in all 1080p games as long as someone does not need to overtax shaders, but that can be easily controlled without noticeable visual difference. Especially on 1080p.

BReal85 likes this.
  6. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Looks pretty good performance wise for both 5700 and 5700XT.
    If 5700xt cost about the same as 2070, i'll get the 5700xt. Sick of nvidia and its geforce experience crap.

BReal85 likes this.
  7. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Performance like that is solid. A little soiled by the Super release, but it's clear that that was rushed since it's not even fully out yet. But with the right price, and the full performance overview, these cards could be great performers at the mid-high-end.

OnnA and BReal85 like this.
  8. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    I see a huge difference in performance between the 5700 XT and the 2070 Super in Vulkan.
    I'm not sure if this is because the press driver is poorly optimized for the API, or because nVidia has actually done a pretty good job with their driver.

9. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    You're right, it is a big difference - even 2060 is in front but I think this is because of the drivers - with some time and driver optimization they should be close.

BReal85 and Mpampis like this.
  10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I wonder if these were the last cards AMD will provide the dude.

I'm not super impressed by these results, keeping the prices of these two cards in mind. Nvidia Super performance rise seemed kind of nicer in comparison, especially since it seems like RTX optimisation is apparently starting to get somewhere. If 5700 (XT) isn't significantly stronger in traditional rendering for the same price, yet totally lacks the RT functionality, it doesn't seem like an excellent deal.

Ricardo, Aura89, OnnA and 1 other person like this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I too was thinking that what Nvidia (2070S) at this point sells for 50$ higher MSRP is a slight performance bonus on top plus RT capabilities (still, only viable for 1080p, about DLSS you don't speak at this point since it's worse than tinkering with rendering resolutions).
    AMD (5700XT) on the other hand brings a game pass package and comparable performance with it (I too think that the difference in Vulkan is a driver thing that will be fixed by AMD soon).

For me neither of them does offer a fair advantage over the other... if you want to save those 50 bucks, the AMD's your card. If you bought into the Nvidia ecosystem (Gsync screen) it's clear that you can only stick with it, but for somebody buying a new graphics card, it's a matter of personal preference at this point. If Nvidia bundles just a single game with their card (Like, SotTR with "RTX"), the value battle is all but over imho.

Aura89, airbud7, OnnA and 2 others like this.
  12. yeeeeman

yeeeeman Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Radeon 5700 should be 299$ and 5700XT 399$ to sell well. To sell like hotcakes, subtract 50$ from those prices.

Ricardo, Aura89, airbud7 and 3 others like this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks like nVidia kinda saved the day for themselves with the Super line. But I still hope the AMD cards will sell really well, if the price drops a bit.

Kaarme likes this.
  14. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    It's incredibile how this is possible, AMD at 7nm barely reaches nvidia's 14nm tech, i think we also need the ryzen of GPUs if we want to have decent prices in the future.

15. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'd need to know the transistor counts of the GPUs to judge that, subtracting from Nvidia's count the RT and blur cores, of course, since AMD doesn't have anything equivalent. We already do know Turing GPUs are quite large. Zen showed us that AMD is aiming for small units. Navi might be AMD training for that in GPUs as well. If the next real GPU gen from AMD is two smaller chips working as a single one with nearly 100% efficiency, it could kick ass while still being more affordable to manufacture, just like Ryzens.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    IMO AMD won't release big RDNA GPUS until it will be economical for them, If they are already using all the Capacity that TSMC are giving them, then it will be stupid to make 300~500 mm^2 GPU's because with just 2 chiplets of 75mm^2 on Ryzen 3950X they are selling it for $749, and that even before you consider the yield and EPYC and TR where they are making much more for each mm^2.
    So until TSMC not giving them a Green light they they have no capacity limit- we won't see big GPU's with better prices.
    Even the 250mm^2 5700XT@ $449, thay can make 3950X+3800X with same silicone area =$1150 while on the Navi the profit it's much lower because of the Total BOM cost and lower yield.

HandR, Kaarme and Fox2232 like this.
  17. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    Yeah, that Wolfenstein II result looks odd to me, too. If both Radeons are ahead of the Vega 64 in the DX 11 Far Cry 5 benchmark, it doesn't seem quite right that they would then trail the 64 in a Vulkan-based title. I would agree that this is probably evidence of a bit of RDNA driver immaturity.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Exactly. RTX 2070 is full GPU based on 10.8B transistors. RX 5700 XT is full GPU based on 10.3B transistors. Clock to Clock, they are pretty close even on 1440p.
    @oxidized : Go, google yourself 1080p results from same site. That's on what most of people are anyway. Want to bring in 2070 Super? Fine, but that's lower binned GPU based on TU104 and that's 13.6B transistor GPU which is partly locked.

Kaarme likes this.
  19. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Looking only these 3 results, the RX5700 seems a very good card, with 2060 Super performance (maybe a bit above?) for $20 less.
    This definitely is the case. Just check Radeon VII's result. 22% faster than the RX5700 XT, which is nonsense.

20. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Looking at these benchmarks nr1 it’s 3 titles that favor AMD gpus (so this is best case scenarios) and nr2 it’s nothing special given the fact that games like Tomb Raider have support for RT that cannot be utilize with the new AMD cards.
    I’m not saying these are bad cards or under performing cards. I just think that AMD is way overpriced for this kind of performance and features this time around.
    I honestly cannot see how people will buy this and not the Nvidia counterparts with more features for similar prices.
    Unless AMD don’t drop the prices of these cards on launch day, I don’t see them taking any market share from Nvidia in the GPU sector.
    On the CPU side I will say I think they have a excellent chance of stealing a lot of market share from Intel.
    Now if they can drop the price of say the RX 5700 with about 20% respectively then everything will be way different and I actually see the light on the other side.
    Well time will tell what is going to happen.

OnnA likes this.