NVIDIA also announces RTX 2080 Super: available from July 23

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm getting "error story does not exist".

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I added an extra server, however, it is in write-only mode and has not picked up the latest news stories. You'll bounce around the different servers and inevitably you'll load the content until load/traffic normalizes and the primary server back kicks in.

Okay, that was way more explaining, then I had in my head to answer :)

lmimmfn, mohiuddin, airbud7 and 2 others like this.
  4. Tellthetruth

Tellthetruth Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Hey Hillbert, when you have the card in your hands and disassemble it, could you take note of the memory chips part number? I´m very curious about that "15.5 Gbps". Is a very strange number, so, so they exist? Could it be a 16 Gbps part clocked down?, 14 Gbps overclocked?

5. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    (Memory clock * 2) / 1000 = Memory data rate

(7751 * 2) / 1000 = 15.5Gbps

Most likely these are the exact same memory modules as before, so yes, overclocked...

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If this is true I would not touch this card with at 10' pole.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. Tellthetruth

Tellthetruth Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070

I know how memory data rate works, just asked if 14 OC or 16 DC when the card arrives. Until then all are conjectures. But yes, is probably as you say, a 14 OC....

8. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    The earlier articles from WCCFTech said that unlike the previous boards, nVidia is not requiring the VRMs to be standardized. So while the FE card will be kinda meh (albeit even a 5% improvement at the same cost is nothing to sneeze at), OEM cards will likely be able to pull higher OCs and more stability out of their high-end boards.

The real question is when it is the 2080 Ti Super coming?

9. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I think that's the card all the 1080 Ti owners want so that they can buy the reg 2080 Ti for cheaper. Still, the reg 2080 Ti would probably still cost 900 bucks really late into this gens life cycle and the 2080 Ti Super would be well over a grand. I'm fine with lowering settings on my 1080 Ti and waiting to see what prices/performance the next gen brings. Just can't see myself ever paying 1000+ dollars for a graphics card. Games are pretty at Ultra Settings and high res, but they ain't worth no 1300 dollars. We need some good competition in the top-tier to keep these prices in check going forward.

10. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    This may very well get me to move away from my 980ti sli setup. Depending of prices of course. Otherwise I might just keep saving for a 3k series. Kind of wish they did a GTX variant with the horse power of these but no rtx parts that I don't want to pay for.

11. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Unless you are in a dire need I would wait for big Navi and 3K series. We should have a decent jump in performance with those.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    big navi won't be competitive with ampere, it'll compete with high end turing.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    reference vrms were only required on the non-A equipped boards.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Again, you present assumptions as reality.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I more and more think that fellow gurus are right, like I read in other threads, this is only to keep people buying cards late in the cycle. Even if they'll ever release a 2080TI Super, sure as hell I'm not buying it but rather save my money for Ampere if so. Unless upgrading from older cards, this "refresh" (I guess fab yields improve and that's why those cards even exist) is probably not even worth considering to anybody with a Turing card and maybe even not Pascal cards.

airbud7 likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Keep telling yourself those sweet lies, it is you that suffer from reality substitution.

I bet you also believe Intel Xe will be competitive with Ampere at launch.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No my dear. I do not deal with beliefs. I do not do religions, nor delusions.

I know difference between probability and certainty. I do not use May and Will interchangeably. You do. You behave like some kind of prophet. Making claims as if you knew while you only believe you know.
    - - - -
    And as for that dumb bet. You owe me whatever you was willing to bet. What's that? A lot? Or nothing? Either way, that's exactly how much you yourself know that your claims are worth.

So, either say that you owe me nothing for lost bet as you backed your bet/claims by nothing. Or deliver that value you put on your claims.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're a pretty poor troll.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not a troll. Logic! You made another of your baseless claims. Backed it by bet which you automatically lost.

So, what did you back your claim by? I expect that by nothing. But you may surprise me and value your own empty claims.
    = = = =
    I am not trolling you. I want you to stop making empty claims. And start making clear distinctions between reality and assumptions. It is not that hard to know what you do not know.

Distinction is easy. Reality is touchable now. What you assume is what you made up in your mind... as fiction or other virtual construct.

airbud7 and alanm like this.
  20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

As I see it, he was expressing his opinion. Likely true given the current state between AMD and Nvidia. And no, you can stomp your feet but I'm not going to validate my opinion for you. Since when does every opinion posted require supporting documentation or evidence? I'm certain you don't hold yourself to that standard.