Computer won't post - No signal

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DigDeep, Jun 30, 2019.

1. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Computer won't post, I get nothing, no signal, no beeps, nothing. I tried everything, checked cpu, cables, ram, tried with 1 stick, 2 sticks, 3 sticks, tried different psu, cleared cmos, used Vga cable, pulled monitors power cable out and nothing worked. Computer always worked without problems, only difference this time was that I used different(New) graphic card. So I put back old gpu with which computer always worked fine with but computer didn't boot with that card either. All I can try is to use other Pcie slot, but I don't know why first one wouldn't work, if that won't work then I don't know what else to do. Do you have any ideas?

2. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    does it make a beeping noise when you start up the pc?

3. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    No beeps, that's why I thought it is psu. If second Pcie slot won't work then it must be motherboard. Will try second Pcie slot today.

4. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    U have an inter tech energon psu that is terrible and if it has problem on ps_on signal or on 5vsb line this motherboard don't start.
    What other psu u tried?

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Have you moved the case from it´s usual place to change the GPU? I say this because my computer behaved like that in the past, no boot, no signal no nothing after moving it from one place to another, and the solution was always to remove every part/component from case and put it back together again. Then it would work normally again.

Hope this helps.

6. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    I removed parts and put them back together many times, but nothing fixed the issue, then after reseating the cpu for the fifth time I pulled the lever and it felt wierd, I heared a sound which I didnt heared before, and when I put the cpu back in to the socket and closed the leaver, socket didnt make ugly crackling sound, so I put parts back in the case, started pc and whoola it posted, so it seems I never pulled the socket lever correctly...all the way to the top, after all the troubleshoothing that was the only problem :):):)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    cryohellinc likes this.
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Glad you found a solution!

8. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Me to.

9. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Never thought that can happen because of socket lever.

10. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP

The only time you will hear the "CRUNCHING" is when the socket is closed for the first time on a brand new board, even still if the cooler was on properly it should have worked. I have used a few boards with out the socket lock down, and no issue's(unless your CPU wasn't seated) but then you'd have bent pins.