Trip to the US

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maddness, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Hi everyone. My Daughter has been asked to perform at Disneyland in Anaheim,California. So the family and I decided to make it a bit of a holiday. We also will be staying in San Francisco, going to check out Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge amongst other touristy things. Also we will visit San Diego, going to check out Sea World, the Zoo and the US naval base there. Going to check out the US midway Aircraft carrier museum. This will all be in a rough 3 week timeframe.

My main questions are is there any other places in and around where we are going that residents would recommend going to. We have a few spare days in between that we have left open. I would really like to check out some of the major stores there for buying some PC hardware. Nothing in particular, but seeing as the New RyZen and Navi stuff is launching, i'd really love to compare prices with back home in New Zealand. so if you could point me in the direction of any good hardware shops to checkout.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  2. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Since you will be visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, I'd suggest a lunch stop in Sausalito followed by a visit to Muir Woods.
    As far as computer shopping...Fry's Electronics and Central Computers in Fremont were always my 'go-to' places after Micro Center left the area.
    On the way down the coast, stop in Monterrey and do the aquarium...then Solvang...a cool little town.
    Caramel by the sea is nice...but expensive.
    Enjoy your holiday.

Maddness and SpajdrEX like this.
  3. nutz

nutz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Super
    San Diego is super cool...not sure if you or the kids are into Legos but apparently Legoland is a cool place to check out that's north of San Diego...might be a decent stop off on the way down...some good breakfast spots around there too...oh and the house from "Top Gun" is still in Oceanside around there too although all behind fence and such now....

https://goo.gl/maps/7FmudFMXS7EQF5bh9

also if you have an afternoon to kill...if the Padres are in town there's nothing more "Americana" than sitting in some cheap seats with a beer and a hot dog for a few hours watching some baseball...paying any attention to the game is minimal but sitting in the sun, drinking beer in SD is pretty damn nice...

might be worth it to drive out to Yosemite and check out the Redwoods too if you're into nature...just remember with all this to map it out because Cali is HUGE and some of the roads to get to places aren't necessarily fast...if you're in LA, Santa Monica pier is cool and beachy area...

yeah Fry's are all over Cali I think and if you're looking for Electronics, the place to check out...

take any of my suggestions with a grain of salt because i'm not from Cali...just throwing out some places i've been...

Maddness likes this.
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Awesome thanks for that. We are currently in San Francisco and having a great time. We will be heading to LA tomorrow and then in a week off to San Diego. Those suggestions look good.