Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I would have to go buy one, and I'm not going to do that.
    I've already got the controls to a good spot, just... there's a lot of extra controls in there that will have to be refined over time.

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Xbone controller is definitely the way to go for AC and sport games on PC. Just feels more natural.

3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Xbone controller (with optional thumb grips) is definitely the way to go for AC and sport games on PC. Just feels more natural and it's the way they are primarily designed. I used to play FIFA and 1st 2 AC games with K+M before I caved in and bought a controller and I would never go back to K+M with them again.

As for the fps, I was running it at 1440p DSR with reshade, maxed out on an OC'd 1070 and it would occasionally drop to the mid 50s. With Fast Sync enabled in Inspector it wouldn't noticeably tear or stutter. Dropping the AA or Shadow Quality a tick or enabling Adaptive Quality might bump you up to a minimum 60fps.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've played other AC games on PC with mouse and keyboard, and it works fine. As does this one.
    Hell, I've played all three Darksiders games with mouse and keyboard, when other say they "can't" be played with it. Same with DmC and other DMC titles.

The only time I would consider a gamepad, is a game like Cuphead... or one that doesn't allow you to remap your controls.
    I can't play with WSAD, it doesn't feel "right". I know EDSF is only one button to the right, but it makes a huge difference in how it feels.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Its personal preference. There is no "way to go". Some like mouse and keyboard and some others controller. Each to their own.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Assassin's Creed Origins seems really fun so far.
    And... dear... lord. A protagonist with... character. He laughs, he smiles, jokes... he shows anger, frustration and pain... and all within the first procreating hour. This.

This is one of the biggest flaws with the series. They'll nail one character (Ezio)... then follow him up with a wet blanket like Conner. Then, Edward (who is awesome, and my favorite)... then... that idiot from Unity. If the character sucks, I have no desire to play the game.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Funny side story: i switched to my control scheme (A / LALT / LShift / Y) when keyboards had problems in Terminator:FutureShock which could not recognize more than 2 keys being pressed at once, accept when it was 2 keys + 1 special key like Alt or Shift.
    So i switched from WSAD in 1995 already and never changed back. :D

AsiJu likes this.
  8. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    So I am playing this game and still in Siwa. I was trying to do a side quest and there were these 4 guys chasing me on the rooftops. They were in sync like World Order :D (Ubisoft really needs to implement better and more varied character animations). Anyways, I deal with them and go to loot them but one of these guys had 'Confirm kill'. I was like WTF is this? It turns out this guy was the Medunamun, one of the Targets. That was anti-climatic. I was expecting a 'Boss fight' but instead he was just like any other soldier. What would have happened if I didn't go to loot and stumbled on 'Confirm kill'? Maybe since I didn't confirm the kill, he would have revived.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You are in the start of the game, chill... there are plenty of boss fights.

Passus likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Noticed something interesting ! I remembered the game having much better textures when i played it on my 1080, at 4k with low AA setting (which reduces the render res to 80%). And i found out... it did !

Have a look at this - pay attention to the ground texture

4k low AA (aka 80% render res)

[​IMG]

4k high AA (100% render res)

[​IMG]

4k with 200% render res

[​IMG]

Texture quality gets worse the higher the render res, and 200% render res has DRASTICALLY reduced texture detail... im thinking if it's due to a max pool of memory the game is allowed to use, and if so, how to increase it...

Been playing it a bit lately at 4k 120% render res, which also shows reduced texture quality, albiet not as much as 200%. Gonna just play at 100%, unless i can find a solution to this...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Xtreme512 and DocStr4ngelove like this.

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It's weird, because the arrows and shield on his back look better at the 200% render. But the ground looks worse by quite a margin.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah... i play it on a 3090, so it's deffo not due to lack of vram... but it could be that the game doesn't allow it to use more than a certain amount of vram... and it seems it's at max of what it's allowed to use at 4k 100% render res.

I tested it in AC valhalla afterwards, and it's the same thing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been through the game settings files, and cant find a setting that controls memory pool.

Maddness likes this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    You are right.

100% with low AA

[​IMG]

200% with high AA. Even the shadow is softer.

[​IMG]

Maddness and Dragam1337 like this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Very wierd stuff - basically means you dont ever wanna use higher than 100% render res in AC games, unless we can figure out a way to get around this issue.

Passus likes this.
  15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Likely engine limitations, interesting though as I have noticed some not so sharp textures at times when exploring around slowly at 1080p with 130% render

Thought it was just my crap eyes lol

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I think that's just the game not having the best textures in general. From my testing the textures shouldn't lose detail, unless you try to run the game at more than 4k render res.

Just tried to see if it was due to buggy render res slider, but 8k 100% render res gives the same results as 4k 200% render res... as in significant loss of texture detail.

So yeah, seems like an engine limitation (artificial or otherwise), where it cant properly handle more than 4k render res.

Passus likes this.
  17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Recently got the poison ability; AKA civilian massacre device. :D

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Gotta say that i really like this game - alot more so than valhalla. I reckon most of it is down to just being a much more interesting setting (ancient egypt), in a much more interesting time period, with sooo much going on. Imo they should make a game based on the same period in time, just across the pond in Rome - possibly following Octavian's way to power.

I also like the visuals though, i find that they are less cartoonish than valhalla? Which i find quite offputting in that game tbh - greatly prefered the much more realistic look of unity. But yeah Origins is also fairly good (though not at the same level as unity).

[​IMG]

Passus, MaCk0y and Maddness like this.