Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Sounds perfect to me !

Whiplashwang and DocStrangelove like this.
  2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I like what I'm reading!

[​IMG]

XenthorX, DocStrangelove and serbicu like this.
  3. 30min long game director interview

XenthorX and serbicu like this.
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

Carfax likes this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Looks really good.
    And coming from Respawn... I'm holding on to hope.

just hope EA doesn't force their way in and screw it up. Specially after Respawn said they were not going to allow it.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Getting serious Jedi Outcast vibes from this game, and that's definitely a good thing :D

Seriously, what's wrong with EA? They've made and published plenty of really good games. The Mass Effect series is one of the best game series I've ever played for instance, and that was published by EA. Their digital storefront Origin was the first to offer refunds, which then forced Steam to do it.

People often forget the main reason why developers make games is to make money, and for whatever reason, EA is almost always blamed for problems with a particular game or intellectual property under performing; although the developer should bear that responsibility the most.

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Here is the 4K 60FPS upload video:

8. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    The problem is with EA. They have screwed up too many times. Plus it don't help with their SJW ugly character design of female character. Not to mention, EA bad decision in assigning Respawn, who is specialized in MP game development to make a SP game, while Bioware is well known for SP game, but instead is doing a huge MP game. Bad bad decision.

Oh and don't forget EA specialized in milking gamer money with DLC (EA is the creator of DLC idea, I believe?) and tons of REAL MONEY micro-transaction bs. Plus their only listen to SOCIAL influencer. I remember Battlefield 1 was so awesome when it first release, then they decided to listen to a few youtuber, and man, that game turn into pile of crap fast. Now I have zero interest in their future Battlefield franchise. In fact, I got Battlefield V for FREE, didn't even clock in more than 2 hours. And Battlefield was my favorite franchise for a long time. Sad time.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, EA has done plenty of good things throughout it's existence.
    The Dead Space series is one of my all time favorites.

But, just because they've had their share of hits doesn't take away from the fact that they put making a profit ahead of everything else. Including the quality of the product, what appeals to fans/players... what's best for the studios making these titles.
    You mentioned the Mass Effect series, yes... a good series. With a great game... a damn good game, a so/so okay game... and then a steaming pile.
    Dragon Age... pretty much the exact same.

BF... look at that... damn near the exact same. Oh, what did they do with Battlefield... oh right, they ruined it right out of the gate.

Then add in the staggering number of extremely talented studios they've killed over the years. Blaming the studios for low profits, when the reasons most of these developers games fell short... was because of forced decisions by EA.
    Add in, at times EA sets up games for failure. Setting sales expectations to unrealistic heights, simply so they can claim the game was a "failure".... they've done this with BulletStorm, which PCF said EA's sales goals were impossible. And, they also did it for Dead Space 3, with people from Visceral stating it was completely unrealistic to expect a horror game to meet those levels of sales in it's first week, specially after the game's core design/tone was forced to be changed so much by EA.

Sorry, but just because they've published some good games doesn't give them a pass on how awful they treat their employees, studios and fans.
    That's like saying Activision is great because they published good games... 10+ years ago.

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.
  10. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I still think they totally miscast the main hero.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still wondering why these lightsabers dont cut threw flesh or dismember limbs... Look like it can be fun like the the Force Awaken games

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Lightsabers can dismember droids and non-humonoid aliens.
    But, any human characters... nope.

13. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I think they don't want a m rated game also Disney probably.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea have to go back to old school star wars when you could hack off limbs in a pg movie a bunch of them even.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well, games are incredibly subjective as I'm sure you know. I thought that the entire ME series was great and entertaining (barring the ending of ME3), same for Dragon Age. Don't know about BF as I'm not really an online player and its predominantly multiplayer.

But regardless of your stance on the quality of those games, why do you blame EA? EA was just the publisher. The developer of ME and Dragon Age was Bioware, and for BF it's Dice.

I find it odd that gamers will forego blaming the developers and go straight for the publisher when EA is involved. The publisher's primary responsibility is to provide funding for development, marketing and distribution and make suggestions on how to boost revenue. Game mechanics, game play and storyline are the purview of the developer.

A good example of this is ME Andromeda. The blame for its failure lies squarely on the developer, which is Bioware. I'm shocked that EA actually didn't halt the development of it before release due to some disastrous decisions on the part of Bioware.

Again, game development is a business. Most people are in it to make money, and EA being a publicly traded company is under pressure to perform for its shareholders. Saying EA sets up games to fail is ridiculous. Why on Earth would EA want a game that they are funding and publishing to fail?

It's more accurate to say that corporate influence got the better of the game. I'm pretty sure that EA cannot really force a developer to change the core mechanics of their game, due to the contract. Luckily that sentiment has been changing since the time that Dead Space 3 was released, and not just at EA but industry wide I would say.

Jedi Fallen Order is proof of that. A single player only, story driven game with no multiplayer, no microtransactions, published by EA.

Hopefully it's a great game and does well so we'll see a sequel. I don't know about you, but I'm hungry for a single player Star Wars themed, story driven title. Some of my fondest gaming memories were of playing Star Wars Jedi Knight II Outcast.

I guess I'm not the only one, because as of the writing of this post, the YouTube trailer has nearly one millions views. That's pretty damned good if you ask me!

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    EA published tons of great game, my first experiences with it were BF1942, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer: Generals , Mass Effect trilogy (EA was involved with 2&3)...

Nowadays, Battlefront 2 is trully an amazing game despite its terrible monetization on release.

Electronic Arts, it's roughly 10 000 employees, not even considering shareholders interests - they just HAVE to make a ton of money with everything they do, otherwise they have to do large layoffs like Blizzard did not so long ago.

Carfax likes this.
  17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, well f... EA all the same and all of it's apologists too, for that matter. I couldn't care less if it makes "capitalistically sound" decisions. If it has become so large that the only way it can sustain itself (or the interest of its shareholders) is to churn microtransactions riddled garbage, or bastardise good IPs because of logically unrealistic expectations, then let it fail. As much as it doesn't owe us anything, this works both ways. How many times will it apologise for "making mistakes" and "having a learning experience" when doing the same shite repeatedly? Because it has to make more and more money every year, or else the shareholders (who don't care for videogames at all) won't be happy that they've only made 650 000 000,-, and not 700 000 000,- (all the while giving a CEO a 45 000 000,- bonus, just cause they like him so much)? Nah, let it burn, if it pleases me.

drandiiski likes this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Did they not cut Christopher Lee's hands and head off with a light saber in one of the movies........don't ask which one, there is that many now they are all blurring together. lol

XenthorX likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There is "Star Wars".. the original 6... then there is "Disney" star wars.. which is 4 random moves soon to be 5 later this year.... the standalone Rogue One was really good, it tells the story of those that stole the plans of the Death Star, really enjoyed that one, the final battle trying to get through the planetary shield was amazing.... and the fact they used real British military personnel to play rebel soldiers made it so much cooler.... it just kinda added a little bit more to the authenticity of how the movie felt I think.

The Mandalorian series coming soon looks really cool too!, I'm looking forward to that because Dave Filoni is involved, he did The Clone Wars animated series, and Rebels animated series, both are very good if you enjoy animation.... Ahsoka Tano best girl...

XP-200 likes this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I was saying in the game.

In Fallen Order they can dismember droids and non-humonoid aliens.
    The developers actually said that after the first gameplay footage came out.