[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    The 200MB patch just for that, great work M$ :D

2. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Any ETA for the next official CU? :)

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Next Patch Tuesday so 2nd or 9th of July. Microsoft is not consistent with the whole release-patches-on-the-2nd-Tuesday-of-the-month thing anymore.

Dj_ALeX likes this.
  4. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    Just got KB4502584 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server 1903 RTM via Windows Update.

Release Date:
    06/27/2019

Version: .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8

Quality and reliability improvements
    • Improves the memory allocation and cleanup scheduling behavior of the weak-event pattern. To opt-in to these improvements, set AppContext switches to "true": Switch.MS.Internal.EnableWeakEventMemoryImprovements and Switch.MS.Internal.EnableCleanupSchedulingImprovements.
    • Addresses an InvalidOperationException that can occur during weak-event cleanup, if called re-entrantly while a weak-event delivery is in progress.
    • Addresses InvalidOperationException errors in System.Web.Hosting.RecycleLimitMonitor+RecycleLimitMonitorSingleton.AlertProxyMonitors. Worker processes for ASP.Net 4.7 and later are vulnerable to unexpected crashes because of this exception if the worker process consumes close to its configured Private Bytes recycling limit and application domains are being created or recycled (perhaps because of config uration file changes, or the presence of more than one application per worker process).
    • Addresses an issue in which it was possible for a Workflow Service to get into a looping situation if an unhandled exception occurs during Cancel processing. To break this cycle, the Web.config file for the workflow service can have the following AppSetting specified that will cause the workflow service instance to terminate, instead of abort, if an unhandled exception occurs during Cancel processing:
    • Addresses multiple Accessibility and High DPI awareness improvements for Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications.

Does the bit I've highlighted refer to the cached memory issue?

Jackalito and Vidik like this.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    That is only for .Net applications my guess.

6. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Oh were right, kb4501375 is out (Build 18362.207)

Improvements and fixes
    This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue that fails to display the cursor when you hover over the keyboard magnifier.
    • Addresses an issue with looping redirects between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
    • Addresses an issue with Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) marker display.
    • Addresses an issue with programmatic scrolling in Internet Explorer 11.
    • Addresses an issue with displaying portions of a webpage that has many elements and multiple nesting levels under certain conditions in Internet Explorer.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of .msi or .msp files on a virtual drive.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause Night light, Color Management profiles, or gamma correction to stop working after shutting down a device.
    • Addresses an issue that only shows grey scale in the camera during Windows Hello enrollment.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause playback of some video content generated by iOS devices to fail.
    • Addresses a desktop and taskbar flickering issue on Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server that occurs when using User Profile Disks.
    • Addresses an issue that allows users to disable the sign-in background image when the "Computer\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization\Prevent changing lock screen and logon image" policy is enabled.
    • Addresses a disconnection issue when using fitness software on an Android phone that has the Your Phone application installed.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents the Windows Event Log service from processing notifications that the log is full. This makes event log behaviors, such as archiving the log when it reaches a maximum file size, impossible. Additionally, the Local Security Authority (LSA) cannot handle CrashOnAuditFail scenarios when the Security log is full, and events cannot be written.
    • Addresses an issue that causes Office 365 applications to stop working after opening when they are deployed as App-V packages.
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent Container Hosts from receiving an address from a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent some upgrades from Windows 7 from completing successfully when third-party antivirus software is installed.
    • Reinforces the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) on Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) machines for certificate-based virtual private network (VPN) connections, such as Device Tunnel, in an Always On VPN deployment.
    • Addresses an issue that triggers a Group Policy update even when there are no policy changes. This issue occurs when using the client-side extension (CSE) for folder redirection.
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) from starting a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension. This may cause the connection to the WDS server to terminate prematurely while downloading the image. This issue does not affect clients or devices that are not using Variable Window Extension.
    • Addresses an issue that may display the error, “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.” when you try to expand, view, or create Custom Views in Event Viewer. Additionally, the application may stop responding or close. You may also receive the same error when using Filter Current Log in the Action menu with built-in views or logs.
    • Addresses an issue with WinHTTP registrations that increase the registry size and delay the operating system’s startup. This occurs on devices that use proxy auto-config (PAC) files to define how web browsers and agents select an appropriate proxy server. To stop the incremental growth of the registry, update the following:
    Path: HKEY_CURRENTUSER\"Software\Classes\Localettings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Mappings"

Setting: CleanupLeakedContainerRegistrations

Type: DWORD

Value: 1

A value of 1 removes preexisting registrations; a value of 0 (default) retains existing registrations.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4501375/windows-10-update-kb4501375

EDIT:
    1) Never seen an update being offered as something optional before:
    [​IMG]
    2) Still getting lag spikes so, no, that was not fixed.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Dj_ALeX, Dan, Strange Times and 2 others like this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yeap just got it.

8. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Me too and seems that the spikes in latencyMon have vanished! :)

9. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    So you say they are fixed vidik says they are not which is it?

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not fixed for me.
    By the way, if I restart windows now then do the same stuff as usual while having LatencyMon running,
    it can show as everything is fine, but if I restart windows again and do the exact same stuff, latencies are all over the place.
    This way it's really hard to find the culprit of the latency issue.

11. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Thats exactly how it was for me. Very weird issue that changes on reboots.

12. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    For reference, here's a couple of latencymon tests I ran after installing the updates yesterday. I did 2 tests for ~30min immediately after booting Windows then rebooting and testing again. I ran with the following settings/setup;

• Nvidia driver version 431.18
    • Windows Build 18362.207
    • GPU power setting: Prefer maximum performance
    • WIndows power setting: High performance
    • Opened Apps: Chrome, Latencymon

Before Reboot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Reboot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    I use optimal power in NVCP (430.86) + Ultimate Performance in Windows power plan and i have no issues or spikes whatsoever.
    While gaming i use prefer max performance along with other settings still no issues.
    Maybe it depends on system config and CPU.

14. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    Well the Ultimate Performance plan is on the next big build release so it's not really comparible to this one. My spikes were fixed when I tested the Fast Ring build as well but I'm personally not a fan of having to opt in to the Full diagnostics so switched back.

15. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Please run LatencyMon in the background for an hour while you go about your business and post it here. Im generally curious to compare yours to mine to see if I can try and figure out what different. Also Full specs if you could.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    This will disable CPU parking completely. Probably why your latency is down.

17. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    No change for me after the updates, still getting the ntoskrnl spike.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Why do you care so much about latencyMon ? Legit question.

19. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    For me personally, none of the games that I play feel smooth anymore and are always suffering from intermittant stuttering (like you would get with slow HDDs when loading in assets mid game). I've had this issue since some point mid 1809 release and I've no clue what the cause is. Since this issue started, I've upgraded my CPU, GPU, RAM and Mainboard, I've reinstalled Windows several times, tried various types of HDD etc but none of it has fixed the problem.

The Latency Spikes issue along with the Standby Memory issue seem to be the only things that have been identified as a problem which *might* be causing my issues however I've tried the Standby Memory tool and that made no difference for me, which leaves the Latency spikes.

I'm really hoping that either a CU from Microsoft or a driver from nVidia 'magically' fixes the issue, but for me I'm at the point where I may just sell my 2060 and get a console instead. It's a shame considering the amount of money I've put into my PC though.

My PC setup for reference:
    • Zotac RTX 2060 Amp
    • Intel I5 9600k (Microcode = AE)
    • Corsair RM650x 650 W 80 Plus Gold
    • 2 x Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000mhz Ram
    • Samsung SM961 256gb nVme M2 SSD
    • Crucial MX500 1tb SSD
    • Seagate Firecuda 2tb SSHD
    • HGST 7200rpm 1tb HDD
    • WD Elements USB 5tb External HDD
    • Windows 10 Build: 18362.207

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    eGGroLLiO and LocoDiceGR like this.
  20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I had a similar issue with the Intel system (i5 8400) and never fully fixed it.
    Now here on Ryzen it still shows spikes, but I don't experience any sound or fps stuttering when playing games or watching videos.