NVIDIA Likely Unveils GeForce RTX SUPER Lineup on July 2nd

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Perhaps this will drive down the upcoming Navi prices to where they should have been.
    If 2060 Super comes with 8gb vram, that will be quite a nice choice for 1080p gaming.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Will wait for the Super 2080.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Only 50% more expensive than last gen!

(does not include leather jacket)

5. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Will be changing over to Matisse soon, though will likely hold out on the gfx side till next year's releases.
    Competition is good. Well done AMD.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    might just be $499 and $399 cards
    2060S sounds about right performance wise but needs to be 325- 350 to really put the heat on.
    but how could they? the 2060 sits at that price never mind the rest of the lineup

#
    i'v just seen some rumored prices same sh!t different cards

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    so a regular RTX 2060 will be $279 and a GTX 1660ti $229?

wishful thinking.

8. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    what? a 100 cut in price for regular 2060? Nah, more like 30 more for the new one.

edit: I want a 1660 BOOST :)

airbud7 likes this.
  9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The last 5 rigs I've built for myself and my kids have all been Intel / Nvidia based. I think my next rig will be entirely AMD. Nvidia is lo$ing their mind. And Intel, well, they really need to come up with something earth shattering and reasonably priced to change my mind. I honestly don't think there's any hope for Nvidia to put out reasonable pricing.

Order_66 and carnivore like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Even more expensive rtx cards incoming, great. Only hope is that current rtx lineup gets a price cut but i doubt it will be much.

gx-x likes this.

11. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I used to say Nvidia could have afforded to take a hit on their original pricing. Unfortunately, I now think they can equally afford to hold out on the still inflated pricing.

It's probably a bit early for AMD to risk aggressive pricing of their gfx cards - it would seem reasonable to wait on both the CPU side to realise and importantly, rDNA to mature, to free up more risk headroom. While they hopefully transition their gfx architecture to be as compelling as Matisse, some well-placed 'encouragement' wouldn't go amiss.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe the "SUPER" in 2080 SUPER is...simply a leather jacket? I guess it would be worth it :)

13. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    Reduce prices for what, if Navi cards are expensive too? People seem to pretend that Navi are super cheap!

If Navi cards are overpriced too, of course Nvidia will not sell cheap just because!

olymind1 and gx-x like this.
  14. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Skip to 30 series 3080ti for 750 EUR.

15. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    And so, do you expect Nvidia to sell 30% cheaper because of what then? From a business point of view, it makes no sense.

When AMD cuts prices, Nvidia will also respond with price drops. Unfortunately for us, It makes no sense to lower prices when competition is equally expensive and you are in the dominant position.

Witcher29 likes this.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
  17. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    This whole 20 series is bad offer no matter if it's super or not.

carnivore likes this.
  18. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Who at Nvidia is handing out the Lsd to the staff? Because they must be high to re release the over priced Rtx cards. Most gamers still game at 1080p or less and don't need a Rtx card. And they certainly don't need an overpriced 'Super Duper" card either. Nvidia thought it would be a good idea to use smoke and mirrors and still charge high prices and hope gamers fall for it this time and buy their Rtx cards. Great business model. Keep doing the same thing over and over until it works. Amd is missing the mark a little too on pricing. They are coming in with new gpu's that are supposed to compete with 2060 and 2070 and be superior to them. But now the "super" smoke screen is in play and no one knows who will be better than what and for what price. So to summarize all the new gpu's too high priced, but with the flood of cards to choose from in July hopefully someone will blink first and lower their prices.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    They are selling a product that slightly beats the 2070 for cheaper. Therefore doesnt matter what it replaces. The performance is what they are basing price on, not what it replaces. They are taking a leaf out of Nvidias book, cant fault them for that.

carnivore, Koniakki and Moto_Life like this.
  20. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Fleecing is Fleecing, no matter if Red/Green side are doing it..... Keep coughin up the $$$ for overpriced crap, they will keep jackin the prices up.....