Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nothing should be with BioWare.
    Not any more.

And, if we're just speaking of wishes....
    Visceral should still exist, and should still be working on their Star Wars games. And Dead Space 4.

And EA should NOT have the Star Wars license.

KissSh0t, ShadowDuke and cerebus23 like this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I really like the pacing of the demo. It's on the opposite of the run and smash button of force unleashed or the FPS style and pace of Jedi Knight 1&2/Jedi Academy/Battlefront.
    Slower pace encounters, reminding me of the Division, more tactical, i like that.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    yer whats the point of bein all powerful if you dont ever feel challenged??? i dont want to speed run through a game like this the harder i have to work to push through the more memorable the experience will be is that not why souls games are so loved plus sekiro the surge and bloodborne? im not sayin i want a something AS difficult as those but i do want to feel like my character has been on a progressive journey n that is exactly what im seein from this game.

like has been said if anyone has played Titanfall 2 you already know that Respawns greatest strength aside from buildin companionships that rly stick with you and a flair for handing us a wonderful dance of death when we dance with the enemy is how good they are at level design im talkin every single level better than the last kind of good. you all know the one level im talkin about here from the game too no need to spell it out and i will say ive not seen a reception to a single level like that in some time. thats the kind of thing im not just expectin from this but quite rightly anticipatin that one section that changes everythin turns the game you thought you knew upside down and stays with you long after.

many have already dismissed the game based on a 13 minute purposely gently does it presented demo that was shown to show specific features in the most relaxed way just like when a new shooter is shown to us and the guy playin it literaly walks around like hes stuck in mud cos he knows flashin around a level is like stickin your head out a train window and while it may all look nice in a flash you never get to really take any of it in.

i believe in you Respawn. always have, always will.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    XenthorX likes this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    wait this interview is awesome, need to sub lol

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that gameplay video looked alright, but a light saber should be severing limbs, not leavin scorch marks.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Here's the official E3 2019 trailer. I like the game and will definitely buy it unless it gets absolutely horrible reviews. But they need to speed up the game play, improve the animations, and hopefully get some better asset quality to make it a true AAA experience.

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I'm really not sold on how slow a lot of the enemies (mostly the troopers) move&fight, but I'm glad that it was revealed to NOT be like Force Unleashed. I'm not hyped so far (the showcase felt very scripted), but I'm looking forward to seeing more.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

XenthorX likes this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    "i don't know why people care" the truth right there lol.

Speaking game engine is just marketing anyway. The artist, modelers, sound designer, concept artist, all creating the experience are all using the same tools which have nothing to do with any game engine. It's just the final part of the puzzle where everything come together.

On a sidenote i hope they'll improve their skin shaders, looked too much like plastic to me, with barely any scattering. Or maybe it was recorded on a console? :3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    cerebus23 and serbicu like this.
  10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I'm actually looking forward to this. If it's good (waiting for reviews) I'll gladly pay full price for it to send EA a message that these are the type of games we want.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That new video footage definitely paints the game in a better light. I hope it's a solid 30 hour campaign, so we can get a top notch single player experience.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well the game does target 60 FPS on consoles, which means compromises a plenty!

XenthorX likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea the at at section and the set pieces were nice we had not seen, and the rest was i think stuff that was from before.

the gfx and animations are definately janky tho but its alpha. and its pretty playable for an alpha at that. hopefully some of the assets and lighting get some more passes before retail. odds are they will.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    looks fine as it is.

a game.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    It's a game? How do you know?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    could tell by the pixels.

TaskMaster likes this.
  18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ea already worried the game is not goin to sell well preorders for the game far down from expectations and reception been pretty mixed it has become a poster boy for how expectations for any new games are at such an all time high no matter what you present to the public you will never come close to meetin them expectations then theres the matter of it bein a Star Wars game on top of those expectations. i think the game looks great when he walked on to the ship and observed the differein planets you can visit the scale of the game came more into play.

main concern is what happens to respawn if it does bomb? titanfall failed altho it never deserved it apex is strugglin to stay relevant and if you get the Star Wars license you are expected to deliver way more than if it was somethin else completely. im excited but im worried at the same time there is so much ridin on it being a success the mostly meh dont look all that great reception and that sure is not what ea would want to be hearin right now after turnin Battlefront 2 around so much. no i have not preordered cos i put that to bed a long time ago i only hope reception for it becomes m,ore positive as release gets closer and they show us a little more.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well if the game fails, Respawn can ... respawn out of EA :D

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Gameplay looks great but is heavily scripted, but this hasn't been a problem with ppl loving all the Uncharted series right?

It's not too shabby ... for a later sale. Might invest a tenner if i feel adventurous. >D

Read a gameplay experience article in the German mag Gamestar where they describe the fight s being actually quite tactical. Like in the Batman Arkham series enemy groups later in the game are comprised of a lot of different attacker and support types who can only be defeated with specific actions or positioning.
    They also said the player has to time his actions exactly right in order to parry or dodge certain attacks. If you see a Stormtrooper aiming at you and you press parry too early the shot will go ppast your lightsaber and still hits you.

Gamestar played the game on medium skill level and were overwhelmed at some point by the sheer mass of enemies.

Lead designer said the final skill level will be very realistic. You can only take a couple of blasters hits and you die.

Sounds good imho.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019