Download: Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.6.2 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2019.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Because 19.6.3 is coming probably today with updated vulkan?
    And if not, they are probably testing it out and not rushing for implementation..

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No new games no new drivers. Heavy Rain came out yesterday but you can run that on a potato.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    F1 2019 Today, Sinking City in 2 days.

Undying likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Oh, yes i forgot about those. Maybe we'll get driver today afterall. :)

LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. EyesBlue1988

EyesBlue1988 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix gtx 970 4GB OC
    Weird colours Driver Video Amd i have created thread

6. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Same here with every AMD driver installation on Windows 1903.

7. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB

I install every driver, but literally NEVER had that problem lol

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What gpu?

9. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    HD 7750, maximum voltage, maximum power (+20%), maximum oc xd

Tbh should be long dead, its even used 95+% while gaming (with 75+ fps in every game, exept csgo where 300)

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Eh, looks like Polaris/Vega users are effected only. Hopefuly Amd fixes this soon.

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Vega doesn't seems to be affected, at least mine

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Sinking City reviews are out, Perfomance is very bad on nvidia. (Stuttering issues)

Probably the same with Radeon.

13. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    Same.
    R9 380x

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    SDK source wise I suppose and then also for Linux and possibly the driver situation there upgrading to new versions quicker but on Windows the runtime download is still at 1.1.108.0 and it's still fairly recent.
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows

From then to inclusion in the drivers it generally takes weeks if not months unless it's really important, AMD should be on 1.1.106.0 for the included VLK runtime although I don't know if they support every extension up to this yet.
    For NVIDIA I am not sure what the general drivers are using though their Vulkan beta drivers tend to be updated quickly to the latest runtime and SDK changes although they too aren't supporting every extension so far.

From what it's looking like though this upcoming driver has AMD using the 1.1.108.0 runtime so once they get that out for 19.x.x perhaps July or August unless it's a early Windows 10 20H1 support driver then it should be included among other driver branch changes which I assume will be with merging in support for the upcoming Navi for what isn't already in here already and any features for these cards which may or may not see support down the line for earlier models too eventually. :)

Gaming wise D3D11 and OpenGL both have their shortcomings performance wise so Vulkan and D3D12 seem to really help but it'll take time for more games and game engines to have it as a standard and take full use of it's features including these latest improvements in Vulkan 1.1 and newer though I am hopeful we'll see a bigger shift to low level API usage among the "AA" and "AAA" studios and a gradual improvement for how the games and other applications can leverage low-level API's and also driver software side working out crash issues and other problems since even with a bigger shift to developers having more control the driver code and profiles and outright hacks and workarounds doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

EDIT: Well there's a few new replies since I was writing this little text blurb. :D

Still though I am expecting good things from DirectX 12 and what improvements newer versions of Windows 10 can add (Also for 11.4 and newer and the driver model and such.) plus Vulkan but it will take more time though so far it seems to be doing better than the first few games we saw with D3D12 although I assume much of that was also a more quick affair and focusing primarily on D3D11 as the main priority and thus less pure D3D12 and features that could have helped further both with performance and compatibility.

But D3D11 and even OpenGL aren't going away just like that either, Windows in particular will probably be using both 11 and 12 for DirectX for years to come.
    (AMD probably should have revised the plan for back then for support for some of the 11.1 features and CPU overhead for what isn't simply hardware though they're competing but it's with some drawbacks which might increase further still.)

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Sadly no new driver, next game End of July - Wolfenstein.

16. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    @JonasBeckman Hello and thanks for this thorough report.What PXDynamic and HighPerfGPU profiles do exactly?

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a power play property (Energy related.) that AMD has added to a lot of profiles and also many applications and not just 3D games which should control how the driver and game selects between on-die or dedicated GPU hardware on systems where this applies to try and avoid situations where a high demanding title would be running primarily through the lesser GPU or APU instead of the faster dedicated card.

There's ways to query and check but sometimes it just takes whatever is listed first and even then there's different methods so profiles would at least try to help ensure you don't end up with a APU trying to pull the 3D workload in the newest game although the hardware for these have certainly improved. :)

After what appears to be a decline in Crossfire driver support (And SLI for NVIDIA.) these are one of the primary changes for the profile file as I can get it for a XML state and info therein, second would be what looks like some D3D flags though the mask and various bits are still not something I know very well but these properties can be really lengthy for a few profiles so while not unexpected the various compatibility work and what else in the drivers is still as complex as ever.

The power systems and power play settings and that also encompass a ton of various properties and settings in the XML and also the driver itself and what can be seen just from the INF file with default strings and values for various GPU models but that's also not too surprising with the complex hardware and multiple power states and frequencies also being managed by a lot of different sensors and code for when it comes to the drivers here plus the bios and other hardware.

Flexible enough too to the extent that AMD can extensively change around or alter behavior via software although not always without other issues or limitations but well for this it's a flag for the driver to simply pick the faster dedicated GPU over the integrated APU instead of having to switch in-game if at all available or use OS settings or such to pick which should be the main or primary.
    (If it can because I have a feeling games and the ways the check or query things can still go very wrong in various ways, gaming wise at least PC ports can run into so many different issues or variants of similar issues.)

Initially my assumption was that AMD tried pushing a higher clock state or trying to squeeze a bit more performance out but that appears to be incorrect and with current cards and all this sensor tech and driver side and software it's pretty dynamic both for good and bad when it comes to trying to fine tune stuff like clock speeds or power utilization and stability. :)
    (Not bad or anything and just takes a bit more work and testing to ensure it's operating as expected.)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Funny how CM keep pushing their "get the game 3 days early" crap on every release, but you're correct and I do hope we get a game ready driver by the time I try it.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Sinking Ciry performs awful on AMD cards. They really needed to to update the driver profile.

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yeap, very bad on nvidia also. Perfomance wise the game is not good.